PDA

View Full Version : **RESULTS** UPDATE! --- So nervous! Running at the agility fun match next week!

binka_nugget
04-26-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't know what made me do it, but I entered Kai and Keeva in the fun match next Sunday. It's gonna consist of 5 starter courses: snooker, 2 gamblers, standard and jumpers.

Kai has been training on and off for a couple years. The great thing about a fun match is that I can have him jump at 6 (lowest) instead of what he's supposed to jump.. 22". He can do everything on the course except for the aframe.. he absolutely refuses to do it. It's because he took a little fall once when we were training. :( He's pretty good at everything else though!

Keeva has only been training for 6 weeks. I think she'll be awesome though! At 6 weeks, she's already way better than Kai. I entered her in 16" instead of 26". Gamble is going to be a little tricky since we don't do very much distance work.. but I can't wait to see how she does! If she does okay at the fun match, I'll send off her registration for the AAC and get her started in real agility trials! :D

Eeeee!! So excited!

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Good luck! I hope you do well! Sounds like lots of fun. :)

Giselle
04-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Ooooh, good luck! Drivey mals are just AWESOME at agility. They definitely give BCs a run for their money.

Gahh, I can't wait until we fix Ivy's reactivity and I can take her out to some trials :o

Shelteez2
04-27-2008, 01:49 AM
If you ever plan on running Kai at real trials, why don't you special him? I think the jump heights in agility are stupid. Clipse is supposed to jump 22" as well. I special him and he jumps at 16". He's also a veteran so technically he could jump at 10" if I wanted him to.
When and if I ever get Mony back into agility he will probably have to jump 26" but I will never make him. He will run as a special and jump 22".

Good luck in the match!! Remember it is supposed to be fun. :D

binka_nugget
04-27-2008, 02:52 AM
If you ever plan on running Kai at real trials, why don't you special him? I think the jump heights in agility are stupid. Clipse is supposed to jump 22" as well. I special him and he jumps at 16". He's also a veteran so technically he could jump at 10" if I wanted him to.
When and if I ever get Mony back into agility he will probably have to jump 26" but I will never make him. He will run as a special and jump 22".

Good luck in the match!! Remember it is supposed to be fun. :D

Yeah, the plan is to see if he does okay at 6". He's very off and on with agility.. some days he's amazing and some days he refuses to run. If I think he'll like it, I'll probably lie and say he's a vet so I can run him at 10" LOL He'll be 6 in July... close enough. :P

chocolatepuppy
04-27-2008, 05:38 AM
Good Luck! :D

Freedom
04-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Great news! Best wishes, and make sure someone takes pics for US!

Shelteez2
04-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the plan is to see if he does okay at 6". He's very off and on with agility.. some days he's amazing and some days he refuses to run. If I think he'll like it, I'll probably lie and say he's a vet so I can run him at 10" LOL He'll be 6 in July... close enough. :P

If you say he's a special first you can drop his jump height to 16"... and then specials are consider vets at 5yrs so you can drop him again.

That's what my friend is going to do with her bulldog. He is supposed to jump 22" but when he's ready for his first trial she will special him... and then after he turns five she will probably drop his jump height again. :)

binka_nugget
04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
If you say he's a special first you can drop his jump height to 16"... and then specials are consider vets at 5yrs so you can drop him again.

That's what my friend is going to do with her bulldog. He is supposed to jump 22" but when he's ready for his first trial she will special him... and then after he turns five she will probably drop his jump height again. :)

I think I read that they're able to move from specials to vets if they're 5+ and have been competing for a year. :\ My chunky monkey won't be able to do 16" LOL Poor guy.

I can go straight to 10" on a 22" if I start right in Vets w/a "7yr old", right?

Shelteez2
04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
I think I read that they're able to move from specials to vets if they're 5+ and have been competing for a year. :\ My chunky monkey won't be able to do 16" LOL Poor guy.

I can go straight to 10" on a 22" if I start right in Vets w/a "7yr old", right?

That I'm not sure. I think so... I entered Em in her first trial last year as a vet and we jumped 10"... so you must be able to.... lol.

RobiLee
04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm excited for you. Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to hearing how things went.

Crikit
04-28-2008, 07:48 AM

The answer to that is no. In AAC you are only allowed to drop down one height for vets so a 22" dog would run at 16" what most people end doing myself included is to drop down in to specials for a year then drop from specials to vet. For example both Smudge and Winter had to jump 22" when they first started, both got put into 16" specials (Winter because of a bad leg and Smudge because he was wasting to much time in the air when jumping) I have since put Winter in vets which means she only has to jump 10" In order to drop from specials to vets though the dog has to compete in specials for a year.

binka_nugget
05-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Sunday was SO much fun! We managed to take home three first place ribbons and one second place ribbon. However, they all belong to Kai and at one of the runs, he was the only dog to jump at his height level LOL. He was super accurate (he even did the gamble!).. he just lacked the speed. Not bad for a dog who's been out of training for a year!

Keeva was a spaz LOL. We managed to get three whole points for her gamble (whereas our buddies Eric and Blaze scored 100). She was having so much fun doing her own thing :p She started sticking closer to me as the day went on.. but she's definitely not as ready as I had hoped. We have another fun match at the end of the month though. What can I say.. I'm a sucker for pure embarassment. :D:p

dukedogsmom
05-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Good luck! Be sure and take some pics, if you can. Would be great to see them in action.

chocolatepuppy
05-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Congrats on the ribbons! Sounds like a good day.:D

cloverfdx
05-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Congrats on the ribbons Ashley and Kai, great stuff :D. Better luck next time with young Keeva.

pitc9
05-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Congrats!!

RobiLee
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Congrats! Way to go! I have no doubt that Keeva will soon be getting 1st place ribbons also.

I'm so happy to hear that you had fun.