PDA

View Full Version : Michael Kodas' "High Crimes" on CBS Sunday Video

moosmom
04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I just got an email from Michael. He's appearing tomorrow night (Sunday) on CBS Evening News:

Please excuse the group email, but I wanted to let everyone know that I am appearing on the Sunday edition of the CBS Evening News tomorrow, (Sunday, April 27th) to talk about my book, High Crimes: The Fate of Everest in an Age of Greed. I also comment on the Chinese climb to the summit of Everest with the Olympic torch and how that has made the mountain more dangerous for mountaineers that aren't a part of the Chinese climbing team.
The program airs on Sunday night at 6:30 PM, EST. Feel free to heckle me via email, skype, or Facebook, even if you don't actually watch the program.
You can find other press relating to the book on MichaelKodas.com and HighCrimesBook.com
Cheers,

Michael

He's on his way, I tell ya!!! I am so excited!! (Can you tell???)

I hope everyone on PT will get a chance to watch it. I'm out to dinner with my daughter and best friend so I'm going to have to find someone to tape it for me. I'm sure Carolyn will be taping it.

Medusa
04-27-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm going to make a note to watch it. How exciting for him!

moosmom
04-27-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm moving my dinner with my daughter up to 3:00 to make SURE I'm in front of that television at exactly 6:30 pm.

Ooooo this is so exciting!!!

moosmom
04-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Because of the sudden death play off last night of the stupid golf game, the interview was pre-empted. HOWEVER, I did find it here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4048731n&channel=/sections/eveningnews/videoplayer3420.shtml

Enjoy!! I'm so proud of him!

kuhio98
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
It wasn't preempted here (Alaska time). It was a very good interview. I learned a lot and plan to buy his book.

moosmom
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm glad you were able to watch it. Luckily I remembered to go to CBS website and watched it from there. He's an amazing guy. I'll get you a book, have him sign it and send it. PM me with your address. One question, do you climb??

Medusa
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I just now watched it. I love mountains and I did a little freehand climbing while living in Sedona but the mountains there are anthills compared to Everest, of course. He must be quite a guy, Donna.

moosmom
04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I'll be picking the book up on Saturday. Who do you want it autographed to??