PDA

View Full Version : Peppy ~ Chihuahua in severe pain FUNDS RAISED

kuhio98
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Guys ~ I know everyone is short of cash these days with all the PT'ers in need, but if you have any extra, could you consider donating to Peppy's case on IMOM?

Please help us save Peppy. There's no time to build a formal Web page for him, so please go to IMOM's donation page (http://imom.org/donation/). Mark your gift "GF - Peppy Naja." (Dedicated Donation)

From IMOM's site:

Diagnosis: Urinary Blockage
Estimated: $ 1327.50
Applicant Contribution: Applicant can contribute "very little"
Total needed: We need to raise $ 1327.50
Spayed or Neutered?: Yes
Caseworker: Kyle | [email protected]

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/kyle4k9/Imom%20pets/peppynaja2.jpg

Peppy has a stone in his Penile Urethra. The hospital says he could become obstructed at any time, so he needs surgery right away.

I had called the vet this morning and they told me Peppy is in such pain that he screams when he urinates. He is on pain meds but every time he goes, that stone could move. They are closed over the weekend but feel this is urgent enough that the doctor will come into surgery once they know funds are raised. Please help us help Peppy. His dad is a senior, and Peppy is his whole world.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

kuhio98
04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Update from IMOM's treasurer: Peppy has $175 in donations. Thanks so much.

Please help Peppy get the surgery he needs!

kuhio98
04-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Update from IMOM: Matching Challenge!!!

We have a challenge. A donor has offered to match the rest of the donations needed to get to All Funds Raised. We need $385 more in donations, which will be matched and then Peppy can have surgery.

Daisy and Delilah
04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I just sent in a donation. Poor little guy. I feel terrible for him. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. I hope he can get the surgery. If they're desperate for more donations and he can't get the surgery, let me know. :( :( :(

kuhio98
04-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Update from IMOM Treasurer: We need $200 more in donations, which will be matched by an Angel donor, then Peppy will be at AFR!

kuhio98
04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Update from IMOM's Treasurer:

Today, 05:12 PM

Peppy has the funds he needs now, and a pledge has been sent to his veterinarian. We hope he can get treatment ASAP!

Thank you all very much !!!

Daisy and Delilah
04-27-2008, 11:16 PM
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you, little man. Get that surgery and feel better soon!!!

ThankYou Lisa for helping him!! :D

Daisy and Delilah
04-29-2008, 12:49 PM
A Gentle Bump for Peppy.

We're still hoping and praying for you, little fella :)

Rachel
04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I was wondering if IMOM has a section where it reports on what is going on with Peppy and how he is doing?

kuhio98
04-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I was wondering if IMOM has a section where it reports on what is going on with Peppy and how he is doing?Once the funding goal has been reached, the pet's thread is moved into the All Funds Have Been Raised (http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showforum=15) section. If you go to the link, you'll see Peppy's thread. Several of us have been requesting updates from Peppy's family.

kuhio98
04-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately, we may never hear from Peppy's family. Kyle (Peppy's caseworker) contacted the vet and posted the following:

Kyle imom
IMOM Board of Directors

Hi everyone. I have received an e-mail from the vet's office saying Peppy had his surgery, is home and doing fine.

I apologize for not updating sooner, but I've been swamped with my day job, waiting to hear from the vet, and Peppy's owner is apparently not an online person.

It is always regrettable and frustrating when a pet owner - despite being informed that they are required to be here - doesn't show up.

But you saved Peppy! And for that, I'm sure this sweet little one is very grateful.

Thank you, as always, for your love for the animals, your generosity, and your support for IMOM.

Daisy and Delilah
04-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I just read that Peppy is home and recovering. Peppy is okay!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I would love to be able to meet the little guy. I hope he's getting lots of love and kisses at home and I know he is. Thank you Lisa!!! :D

Ginger's Mom
04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear that he is home and recovering. I hope the little one does well. I am embarrassed to tell you how long I spent on Sunday evening stumbling around the site trying to find some updated information on him. Sometimes the people who are most in need of IMOM's financial services may not be in a position financially or health-wise (I am thinking along the lines of traveling to the library) to have access to the internet on a frequent basis. Do they offer other ways for people to become involved or communicate with them?

Rachel
04-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Just good to know that Peppy's surgery was successful which it sounds as if it was.

Daisy and Delilah
04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
That's really a good point, Joyce. I'm embarrassed to say that I never thought of that.

More hugs, kisses , and, belly rubs for Peppy !!!!! :)

kuhio98
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Glad to hear that he is home and recovering. I hope the little one does well. I am embarrassed to tell you how long I spent on Sunday evening stumbling around the site trying to find some updated information on him. Sometimes the people who are most in need of IMOM's financial services may not be in a position financially or health-wise (I am thinking along the lines of traveling to the library) to have access to the internet on a frequent basis. Do they offer other ways for people to become involved or communicate with them?One of IMOM's requirements of an applicant is that you must have daily access to the internet. http://www.imom.org/fa/qualify.htm

Now, I've never known them to turn down someone if a friend, family member, neighbor, library or even the vet's office itself will help the applicant post.

Here's how I keep up with PIN's (Pets in Need) on the IMOM Online Community board. First, you will have to register on the board. http://www.imom.org/community/

Then, once I'm logged in, I click on the View New Posts link towards the center of the screen in the light-blue shaded line. A list of all the threads that have been updated since I last logged in will appear. Then I can click on the link to the PIN I'm interested in.

If fundraising is going on for a PIN, the thread will be in the Current Pets in Need -- Fund Updates -- Case Summaries
area of the board.

After all funds have been raised, the thread is moved to PIN Cases Closed
area of the board. That area is broken down into: All Funds Have Been Raised (no more $$ is needed, but treatment may not be complete yet).
Happy Endings (everyone is happy and healthy)
Other PIN Cases Closed (many reasons why case is closed -- treatment wasn't needed after all, etc.)
Closed for Noncompliance (Applicant did not comply with IMOM's policies).

Since the thread address changes as it moves from active fund raising to All Funds Raised to one of the other board (including Rainbow Bridge :( ), I find using the View New Posts option very helpful.

Ginger's Mom
05-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks, Lisa. Although I have on two occasions spent time looking around I have not registered with IMOM (I don't know why I am always so hesitant to register for anything new). I think my problem with this particular little guy was because a case hadn't been set up and I finally found him in some sort of general discussion thing. Aw well, in any he was able to get the operation. And I keep saying I have to become more familiar with IMOM (and *gulp* even join ;) ). I think the basic idea is a very good one. And they are in Pennsville? Hm, that is not too terribly far from here.