PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Reverse Psychology ...placing items on the floor?

kimlovescats
04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
As I am sitting here in my bed with too much time to think and watching as more items on my desk, dresser and bedside tables are swatted to the floor, I asked myself a hypothetical question. If we were to place all of our pertinent items on the floor, would our kitties find a way to put them back on top of our furniture for us? :eek: Then as I quickly came to senses, I realized that was a big fat NO!!!!! What was I thinking? Instead they would joyously be swatted UNDER the furniture and relocated all around the house! :rolleyes: :p

Oh well, it just gives me more to "look forward to" when I'm back on my feet again .... picking up all the items that my kitties so lovingly entertained me with by swatting them to the floor! :D

Laura's Babies
04-26-2008, 01:52 PM
LOL! It is funny what you can see from the bed and that they seem to know there is not a thing you can do about it!! "NaNa! NaNa! Nan Nu!! Come on guys! The house is OURS!"

OR... Maybe perhap they are trying to entertain you? "Watch Mom! Look what we can do!" :D

kimlovescats
04-26-2008, 02:55 PM
LOL! It is funny what you can see from the bed and that they seem to know there is not a thing you can do about it!! "NaNa! NaNa! Nan Nu!! Come on guys! The house is OURS!"

OR... Maybe perhap they are trying to entertain you? "Watch Mom! Look what we can do!" :D

Well of course my little angels were only trying to entertain their Mommy! They would never be so conniving as to try to get away with anything and further rub it in my face! :eek: :p

Freedom
04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
In general, things which are up, MUST go down-- Cat Rule #32 :D

I've watched them knock things off my kitchen table (yeah, WATCHED rather than rushed over to stop them,) and they calmly sit and stare as the item falls. Do they expect it to do a somersault? They do seem to find it fascinating watching as stuff drops.

Last night I went in to get to bed and discovered a favorite cat toy perched ever so delicately on my pillow. So SOME things which are down DO go UP! Aw . . . .

kimlovescats
04-26-2008, 03:05 PM
In general, things which are up, MUST go down-- Cat Rule #32 :D

I've watched them knock things off my kitchen table (yeah, WATCHED rather than rushed over to stop them,) and they calmly sit and stare as the item falls. Do they expect it to do a somersault? They do seem to find it fascinating watching as stuff drops.

Last night I went in to get to bed and discovered a favorite cat toy perched ever so delicately on my pillow. So SOME things which are down DO go UP! Aw . . . .

Yesterday while Jerry was moving my computer to my bedside table, one of the kitties was determined to "help" him! I decided to give her a milkjug ring. At first I was just going to put it on the ground then I came to my senses! :D I put it ON the bedside table where hubby was working and jiggled it around to capture her attention. Almost immediately she started pawing at it and yep, it hit the floor. It then became the object of her attention for probably a whole 10 minutes!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Freedom
04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Now THAT is an experienced Mom, redirecting the kids so they stay out of the way! Good one, Kim.

phesina
04-26-2008, 03:35 PM
I think they are performing a very important job when they do this: they are testing the force of gravity to make sure it is still operating. After all, what would we do if gravity someday just stopped? Our kitties are constantly on guard.

catmandu
04-26-2008, 04:07 PM
WELL IF THEY DIDNT KNOCK THE THINGS ONTO THE FLOOR, IWHOAM OLDER AND SOMEWHAT CLUMSBY WOULD PROBABLY END UP DOING IT FOR THEM.
THE ONLY THING WITH DIABETIC FEET IT HURTS WHEN I STEP ON THINGS!
I NEED A CAT MINE SWEEPER FOR THE FLOOR.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012049-1.jpg
I WONDER IF JJJ3 CAN CONVINCE THE KITTENS?????

cassiesmom
04-26-2008, 04:16 PM
That's a rule at our house ... what is up must be knocked down, and what is already down must be pushed under. Then MEOW, Mom, please get this for me!

Emeraldgreen
04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
LOL! They do love to mess with our stuff!

As I'm typing this, Tiger is on the computer desk (a big no-no but dad isn't in the room so he's getting away with it!) and he's ripping apart our bills! Guess I don't need a shredder! :)

jazzcat
04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
That's a rule at our house ... what is up must be knocked down, and what is already down must be pushed under. Then MEOW, Mom, please get this for me!
Well that pretty much sums up things around here!