PDA

View Full Version : PTers....Please Pray for Dave's Mom...

Reachoutrescue
04-25-2008, 12:20 AM
I am not sure if many of you remember my thread a year and a half ago about Dave's (my fiance) mom. Here is the link if you would like to be refreshed on it. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115883

This is hard to "talk" about, so I will just give you a quick brief on the situation.

Helen has now been fighting cancer for the last year and a half. She had breast cancer several years back and had a mastectomy. The cancer came back...hard. The cancer started as fluid in her lungs. The fluid is still there, but not as bad. They feel since she had no breast for it to attack, it struck her breast bone. The doctors have tried several different chemos and it looked promising. We received sad news this week. The final chemo they are using is not working. The cancer has spread to her back, liver, and several other places. The doctor said if she stops the chemo completely, she has less than 3 months. They are going to have her try some clinical trials. The trials will do one of three things: put the cancer in remission, do nothing, or cause Helen to have a massive heart attack. Knowing the risks, Helen, who is just 48 (as of 4/23) has decided to go for it. She said she would rather die from a heart attack and go some what quickly then to suffer and die slowly.

Dave is just a mess over this and all the other things going on in our lives. I am praying that something will give and she will make it.

Please PT members....pray for Helen. I know the power of Prayer is very strong on this forum. Please pray that this will work and she will be able to see many more birthdays, our wedding, and watch her grandbabies grow up.

Thank you with all my heart.

Tracy and Dave-

Catty1
04-25-2008, 12:29 AM
PT Prayers - huge ones!!!

Thank goodness she gets to try the clinical trials...you never know what may happen. :)

My dad went thru a gene therapy trial 14 years ago. He wasn't accepted for the second phase...but mom and I and my sister really believed it extended his quality of life. He did pass away in the January...but had been salmon fishing with his brother just the previous October!

Trials have progressed tons since then!

Dave's mom sounds like a fighter - that cancer ain't seen nothin' yet! ;)

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( My mom is a breast cancer survivor and she was in stage 3 when it was discovered so her doctor says it's a miracle. She had both breasts removed and also decided to have her ovaries removed. She had already had a hysterectomy many years before. She also had to have several lymph nodes removed. She went through chemo and radiation and now has to take medicine for the rest of her life that will help her stay in remission. Miracles can happen and I hope that Helen will get better. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

slick
04-25-2008, 01:32 AM
As a cancer patient myself, how can I not respond to this thread. If I were in Helen's shoes, I would make the same decision. Prayers and {{{hugs}}} coming your way Helen. There but for you go I.

Karen
04-25-2008, 01:44 AM
She'll be in our prayers.

Medusa
04-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Helen will definitely be added to my healing list. I'm w/you...the power of prayer is potent! Hugs to you and Dave and Helen and anyone else who needs one.

Reachoutrescue
04-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Thank you for your prayers. They mean so much to me and Dave. We are going to see Helen tomorrow for her b-day party. We are all hoping that she is in good spirits and feeling well enough to have a good time. Thank you again, and please keep the prayers coming.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Only 48??? that is so sad. Will be thinking of you all

kimlovescats
04-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh Tracey, I am so very sorry! She is so young! :( Prayers being sent up right now!

Hugs to you and Dave!
Kim

pitc9
04-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Prayers for Helen and {{{HUGS}}} to you all!

lizbud
04-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Prayers on the way from me also.

CountryWolf07
04-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Prayers out to you & Dave - especially to Dave's mom.

Taz_Zoee
04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I am sorry, I must have missed this thread earlier.
Helen will be in my thoughts. She is way too young (same age as my boyfriend!). It sounds like she is a fighter though, so I have a feeling she will pull through this. With all the PT prayers she will have no choice. :)

rg_girlca
04-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Prayers on the way for you Tracy, Dave and Helen.

She had a miracle the first time, lets pray she has another one.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Tracy.

Catty1
04-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Tracey, how did the birthday go? :)

Reachoutrescue
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Tracey, how did the birthday go? :)
Helen's birthday was very nice. We all met at Dave's Grandma's house. We ordered pizza and Dave's stepbrother got chicken. Helen had a big cake and lots of cards and gifts. She had a really good time. She was in great spirits that day and said she felt okay...which was great. We ended up staying there till about 12am. Dave spoke with her today and said she was feeling okay. All we can do is hope.

A friend of mine told me about Noni Juice. It is a Tahitian juice made from only fruit..it is suppose to be a healing juice. There have been several people with cancer that have used it and it added years to their life...some only a couple of years, others serveral. So, I got a bottle for Helen and she said she feels less tired since drinking it. I am going to order her more once I can get the money for it. If it is working...then I want her to have it. I will keep you guys updated as much as possible. Thank you all for caring so very much....it means a real lot to Dave and myself...as well as to Helen.