PDA

View Full Version : My son and me on my 60th birthday

Medusa
04-24-2008, 06:31 PM
My son took me to a wonderful upscale restaurant in Ohio (yes, we do have a few) and he asked the waiter to take this pic of us. He's feeling pretty good now and I was so happy to have him home for a week. Can't wait to see him again, though. I'm going to try to visit him in LA in a couple of months.

Catty1
04-24-2008, 06:50 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :D Looks like you had a great time!

My...Glenn certainly inherited the, er, Italian genes in the family??? My, it is WARM in here all of a sudden.... ;) :D

Medusa
04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes, I never realized how Italian he looked until this pic. He looks more Italian than his dad! Actually, my bday was on the 8th but he wasn't able to come home until last Monday. That week went so fast!

He gave me the book The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury as one of my gifts. It's so funny how in sync we are. I had emailed him a couple of weeks ago "Guess what I'm having for lunch? A warm chicken sandwich w/sliced tomatoes and hot chocolate. Remember?" and he wrote back "Of course I remember. The Illustrated Man." He had already ordered the book for me for my birthday unbeknownst to me.

jenluckenbach
04-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Happy belated!! You both look MAH-Velous! :D

phesina
04-24-2008, 07:04 PM
A belated Happy Birthday, Mary! What a nice photo of what a couple of nice-looking people!

moosmom
04-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Happy Birthday Mary!! Great pictures!

Your son is SOOOO handsome. Is he single by any chance??? :p

Catty1
04-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Donna - I had dibs!!!!! :p :D

sparks19
04-24-2008, 11:12 PM
ths is ridiculous....

You are NOT 60 :D

you look fantastic and your son is so handsome

Happy birthday

K9karen
04-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Hunka! Hunka! Hunka!

And you ain't so bad yourself beautiful woman!Seriously, did people think you guys were on a date?

btw..your meal looks yummo!

Killearn Kitties
04-25-2008, 01:33 AM
What a lovely photo. I'm glad you had such a nice birthday. :D My celebrations lasted about a week too this year. I recommend it! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
04-25-2008, 04:41 AM
Yummy! (and the food looks pretty tasty too ;) )

Its a lovely photo of the two of you

Medusa
04-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Your son is SOOOO handsome. Is he single by any chance??? :p
Actually, he is. He's a confirmed bachelor. He was engaged once years ago and it didn't work out and ever since then he's said he doesn't believe in marriage. That may change but he's pretty firm about it. I'll tell him what you all said, though. He'll get a kick out of it.

Medusa
04-25-2008, 05:53 AM
ths is ridiculous....

You are NOT 60 :D

you look fantastic and your son is so handsome

Happy birthday
Believe me, if I were going to lie about my age, that isn't the number I'd choose. I tell everyone that my son and I are the same age now. Seriously, though, thank you for the compliment. During the night, I kept waking up and saying to myself "Oh man, I'm 60". LOL

chocolatepuppy
04-25-2008, 06:20 AM
What a nice picture of the two of you! You do not look 60 Mary and you look great. Your son is very handsome. I'll bet you were so happy to see him. :)

Medusa
04-25-2008, 07:43 AM
I just looked at our pic again. It appears as though I have something between my teeth. Lovely. Oh well, I hit the big 60, I guess I'm allowed.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I just looked at our pic again. It appears as though I have something between my teeth. Lovely. Oh well, I hit the big 60, I guess I'm allowed.

and you still have teeth............ :D

Laura's Babies
04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Warning!! My dear old Mom use to say "The ONLY thing that don't hurt when you get old is the gray hair!".

Happy Birthday!!! Yea, you have a mighty handsome son, bet those women are linned up at his door trying to get his attention.

kimlovescats
04-25-2008, 08:13 AM
What a wonderful picture! You are such a pretty lady and what a handsome son you have! I'm so glad he is feeling better now and that you all had a nice visit!!!

Hugs,
Kim

jazzcat
04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!

Great to see you and your son. You look great! I'd never guess 60!

lvpets2002
04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
;) Mary you look so Great to have just turned 60.. Happy Belated Birthday.. However I must say Your Son Just Took My Breath Away.. OMG he is Soooo Handsome.. How old is he?? Hey I am confirm on no marriage also.. Do you think he will ever come to Texas?? :D

finn's mom
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM
You are both incredibly attractive, goodness! Those smiles are tremendous. Looks like a great way to spend your birthday!

KYS
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
WOW! I can't believe you turned 60 years old.
You must have some fantastic young looking genes running in your family line.
Nice looking son too. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Catty1
04-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Do you think Glenn will still appreciate all the nice get-well notes we wrote when he sees what some of us are saying NOW??? :D

Mary, you do look great! Wishing you and your son many more wonderful visits!

gini
04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Mary, a Happy Belated Birthday to you. What a great picture of the two of you.

Your son must drive the girls nuts - he is so handsome! And a confirmed bachelor:D

When you come to California I would love to meet you both.

Daisy and Delilah
04-25-2008, 12:38 PM
What a great looking pair you two are!! Lovely picture. Looking at you, Mom, I can see where he gets his good looks!!
Happy Birthday!! You look terrific! 60?? Nah :eek:

Medusa
04-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Jeez, thanx, everyone. He'll love all the compliments, believe me. Living in LA where looks are of paramount importance, especially in his field, he has to be sure to stay in shape. I've always thought he was handsome but then I'm his mom. I've only had one child and I guess I did it right, eh? He'll be 41 next month.

pitc9
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM

I didn't even see it when I went back to look again!

You look GREAT and I have to agree... Your son is HOT!!

moosmom
04-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Mary,

I'm a confirmed bachlorette too, so have him call me. He'd make a great friend!! :D

BTW, not bad for an old broad (just kidding, you look fantastic!!) ;)

Cincy'sMom
04-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Happy Birthday Mary!!! Looks like you had a great time with your son!

I've either been married too long, or not long enough. Not that your son isn't nice looking...but I'm more interested in where he took you to dinner...always looking for new places to try and Cleveland isn't that far away :D

Medusa
04-26-2008, 08:04 AM
I've either been married too long, or not long enough. Not that your son isn't nice looking...but I'm more interested in where he took you to dinner...always looking for new places to try and Cleveland isn't that far away :D
Actually, the restaurant is in Canton and I'm sure you probably have one near you. It's called 91 and the food is excellent!

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I've never heard of it, but will keep in in mind next time we head east

Kirsten
04-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Now I'm getting hungry! LOL :D

Happy Birthday! :)

I can't believe you turned 60, you really don't look it! And your son looks very nice! :)

Kirsten

Medusa
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I've never heard of it, but will keep in in mind next time we head east
It used to be called Woodfire Oven 91, now it's just 91. They have an excellent menu.

Medusa
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Now I'm getting hungry! LOL :D

Happy Birthday! :)

I can't believe you turned 60, you really don't look it! And your son looks very nice! :)

Kirsten
Yep, me, too. I cooked up a storm for him while he was here because he had been so ill and I wanted to be sure to fatten him up. His favorite is my homemade spaghetti sauce, so we had that, of course. He also loves baked tilapia, so I had that waiting for him when he arrived w/wild rice and a garden salad. The next night we fondued filet mignon, chicken breast and shrimp w/oven roasted potatoes, peppers and onions and garlic bread. I also made him roasted chicken w/stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, asparagus w/garlic and toasted pine nuts and a garden salad. Plus he loves steak sandwiches w/melted cheese and tomatoes. (Ok, now I'm REALLY hungry!) He said I spoiled him and that he didn't want to cook for himself when he got home, so I made it easy for him and got him a gift card to Trader Joe's, his favorite store, as a house warming gift for his new apartment. I really miss that boy!

Kirsten
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh, now I'm getting even more hungry!!!

But I'm sorry to hear your son was so ill, so he really deserved all these good things. Hope he's feeling better now, but I'm sure he does after you spoilt him so much! :)

Kirsten

Medusa
04-26-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear your son was so ill, so he really deserved all these good things. Hope he's feeling better now, but I'm sure he does after you spoilt him so much! :)

Kirsten
Oh yes, he's back to normal now, thank goodness. It was a scary time for both of us, more so for him of course, but he's doing great, thanx, Kirsten.

jennielynn1970
04-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm so sorry this is late!!! Happy Birthday, Mary!!! Looks like you had a lovely dinner with your son (the food looks yummy!), and your son is definitely a handsome guy!

jennielynn1970
04-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Yep, me, too. I cooked up a storm for him while he was here because he had been so ill and I wanted to be sure to fatten him up. His favorite is my homemade spaghetti sauce, so we had that, of course. He also loves baked tilapia, so I had that waiting for him when he arrived w/wild rice and a garden salad. The next night we fondued filet mignon, chicken breast and shrimp w/oven roasted potatoes, peppers and onions and garlic bread. I also made him roasted chicken w/stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, asparagus w/garlic and toasted pine nuts and a garden salad. Plus he loves steak sandwiches w/melted cheese and tomatoes. (Ok, now I'm REALLY hungry!) He said I spoiled him and that he didn't want to cook for himself when he got home, so I made it easy for him and got him a gift card to Trader Joe's, his favorite store, as a house warming gift for his new apartment. I really miss that boy!

Ok, I'm coming to your place for dinner!

Medusa
04-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, I'm coming to your place for dinner!
C'mon over! Cooking and entertaining friends are two of my favorite things. I love it!

Marigold2
04-26-2008, 11:14 PM
What a lovely picture. There is so much kindness and warmth in both your eyes. One can see a true heart. You are both lovely inside and out.

DJFyrewolf36
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Man now Im hungry and I just ate! You two look great :D Im glad he could come home for a visit especially after being so ill.
Happy belated birthday, heres to another 60 years! ;)

Marigold2
04-27-2008, 10:33 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 60 IS THE NEW 30

Sorry this is late. :(

Medusa
04-27-2008, 10:53 AM
So many of you have apologized for being late wishing me a happy birthday but, actually, most of you already did on my actual birthday; I guess you just forgot that you did. I posted the pic of my son and me late because he wasn't able to make it home on the actual day, so we celebrated a couple of weeks later. A good friend of mine took me to see The King and I on Friday night because our schedules were so different from each other's, so we've always made it a practice to celebrate our birthday months. Anyhow, I'll take the double blessings, thank you, friends!

RedHedd
04-27-2008, 11:33 AM
You're both beautiful! Looks like a wonderful dinner too. Happy Birthday!

shepgirl
04-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Medussa. I really did miss the real date, sorry about that.
If that's what you look like when you turn 60 then I can't wait.
You look absolutely fantastic and I have a hard time believing you're 60.
Your outfit is smashing, colour suits you so well.
Your son is also very handsome and I'm glad he is looking so good and doing well.

carole
04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Happy belated birthday Mary, i must tell you your'e son is a real hottie, he obviously get's his good look's from his mother, i hope you had a wonderful day, and what a nice way to spend the day. :)

rg_girlca
04-27-2008, 08:01 PM
I hope I look that good when I turn 60. :)
Happy Belated Birthday Mary. :)
I bet it made you feel so good to see how well your son was looking after his illness. To hear him on the phone saying he is doing better is nothing, compared to actually seeing for yourself in person that he is.
I'm so happy that he was able to come down.
Those beautiful smiles on your faces says it all. :D