PDA

View Full Version : Free Duck Ad Found PICTURES ADDED

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I found this on Craigslist in my area.

Anyone need a free duckling? I told her she should be giving it away for free and I asked here where she got the baby duck and she said from tractor supply. Why don't people realize you have to have a correct place for a duck to live.

Melissa

This is what the girl wrote on craigslist. I also mentioned to her a good rescue for wildlife place that might give her some good information if the duckling can be realised into the wild or not.

Comes with free food, food dispenser, and water dispenser. Must find home immediately.

3muttsandaboston
04-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Any duckling that comes from tractor supply should NOT be released into the wild. Domestic ducks and wild ducks are much different and usually domestics live short lives in the wild. I hope this person finds the duckling a responsible home though.

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh I had no idea. Okay then I will make sure I tell this lady. I just didn't think ducks were pets really I mean I know somepeople have ducks.

3muttsandaboston
04-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I had pet ducks for years! As long as you give them proper food water and shelter they can make fabulous pets. Mine were happy with a kiddy pool and a large pen.

critter crazy
04-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Domestic ducks cannot be released into the wild. Ducks are very easy to care for. they are messy critters, but make up for that with their funny antics!! I Love ducks,a nd they are a hoot to have around.

I hope the ducks find a home, that knows hoe to care for them. This is the problem with Impulse buying!! Animals suffer. Ducks and chickens shouldnt be sold in stores, anymore than Cats and dogs. It just dosent benifit them.

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I hope the ducks find a home, that knows hoe to care for them. This is the problem with Impulse buying!! Animals suffer. Ducks and chickens shouldnt be sold in stores, anymore than Cats and dogs. It just dosent benifit them.

I couldn't agree more!

I wish I could take the duck but I have a feeling my cats would find the duck way too much fun and well I live in an apartment. I did tell her that she needs to be careful who she gives the duck to because people will act nice and say all the right things and the next thing you know the are sitting in a lab cage.

I woke her up to this and she's glad I did.

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
The lady who is giving this duck away sent me these photos.

3muttsandaboston
04-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah that is a white pekin. They have no flying ability therefor they cannot live in the wild. I hope he finds a good home he's cute!

Anikaca77
04-25-2008, 07:44 AM
I had no idea that they don't fly either.

I just hope she will find a good home for the duck.

I'd take it but with cats that just sounds like a bad mess

kitten645
04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
No doubt an Easter "gift". People are idiots I swear. Such a sad start to a young life. :mad:

Anikaca77
04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
yeah I think it's so wrong too but i just hope this guy finds a good home

No doubt an Easter "gift". People are idiots I swear. Such a sad start to a young life. :mad:

lute
04-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh my gosh. When will people learn?!