PDA

View Full Version : I'm Starting to Really Hate People No Offense to Anyone on This Board Though

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I found this on craigslist a Lehigh Valley posting. How can people be so cruel, I just sent her an e-mail asking how old the cat was, her name, shot up to date, fixed?

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything more.

Someone needs to take my cat. My daughter is allergic to her and I don't have the money to take her to a shelter. She needs to be gone by Friday or she's outside. Don't send me mail on how I shouldn't put her out. If you're that worried about her then come pick her up! I don't want to be bothered by people sending me hate mail. Don't email me unless you want the cat.

MoonandBean
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I always say I like dogs and cats so much better than most people!

P.S...Sorry my "sig" is soooo big; I'm trying to figure this out :)

jennielynn1970
04-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Send me the link for it, and I'll email her and ask if I can have her daughter too, since people like her shouldn't have kids or pets. Seriously, send me the link.

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 02:35 PM
This is what she wrote back to me:

shes about 4 years old and her name is alley

yes i still have her, i'm not sure if she was ever to a vet and no shes not fixed and my camera doesnt work so i dont have any pictures, shes dark gray and black

So I wrote back how long have you had her for and has she ever been outside before?

I'll let you all know what happens. I've I wasn't so broke I would drive there tonight and get this cat and adopt her out myself.

Melissa

lvpets2002
04-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Send me the link for it, and I'll email her and ask if I can have her daughter too, since people like her shouldn't have kids or pets. Seriously, send me the link.

:o Thank you Jenn enough said.. Grrr :mad:

GILL
04-24-2008, 03:23 PM
PM me the town and I'll see if I can get the Alley.

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 03:54 PM
PM me the town and I'll see if I can get the Alley.

I don't think I understand what you mean?

catmandu
04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
We Wish We Could Drive And Were Closer As That Poor Alley Sure Needs A Friend.
We Pray That She Gets Her Furr Ever Home.

phesina
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Are you within driving distance from her, Melissa? I'll be glad to send you enough to pay for a tank of gas for you to go get her.

I'll let you all know what happens. I've I wasn't so broke I would drive there tonight and get this cat and adopt her out myself.

Melissa

Catty1
04-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I PM'd GILL the town name, and copied/pasted the original email to him as well.

I think Anikaca77 is full with cats right now, though she would like to help - I hope GILL gets the PM as he only has internet contact at work.

Medusa
04-24-2008, 07:00 PM
I honestly wonder sometimes how people become that way. If she felt that way about the cat, why did she take it in to begin with? Sigh, it makes me so angry! I sure hope you can get to Alley in time.

Freedom
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Why is it that many of the most precious things = children, dogs, cats - can be obtained with NO training, certification, license etc. required. No manual comes with them, THAT'S for sure.

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok I e-mailed her back and asked her how long she had this cat and this is what she had to say:

i knew her since she was born but i had her for um. maybe 5 months now and i'm sick of having her locked in the basement, she's never been outside that i know of

Anikaca77
04-24-2008, 08:42 PM
I just got this from her now and it's 9:39 p.m.:

well i have about 3 people who want to come get her but you know how that goes, then they never come. So i will let you know what happens.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

So I will let you know if I hear back from her about these other people and I sent her a PDF of an adoption application and told her that she should carefully screen people regardless if they seem nice because they could just take the cat to a lab and collect money.

Melissa

Medusa
04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
I doubt seriously that she'll care. Thank you for your efforts, though. At least someone gives a damn.

jennielynn1970
04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
I just emailed her. Didn't mention the kid, since I'd rather help the cat than have her hate me, ya know, lol. I just asked about shots, spaying, ticks/fleas/sickness, cause I want to know what I'd be getting into. I'll see if I can get the one shelter in Easton to help me out.

I'm about 10mins. from Northampton (the town she listed in the ad).

We'll see if she responds or cares.

moosmom
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
GILL I don't think is very far from where the cat is located. He will drive to pick her up. I just hope this lady doesn't do anything stupid to this poor cat.

Reachoutrescue
04-24-2008, 11:58 PM
I pray that this cat gets to a safe home/foster/rescue before it is too late and that horrible so called owner puts her out. Please keep us updated.

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I sure hope that someone with a good heart will be able to save this poor cat before it's too late.:( Please keep us updated.

jennielynn1970
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I got an email from her, and she said she has one or two people interested, and if anything falls through, she'll let me know.

She didn't answer any of the questions I posed about health or anything.

Anikaca77
04-25-2008, 08:46 PM
I haven't heard anything from her today.

I only received this first thing this morning and that's it:

If you really feel that way then I will just wait until you or your friend can come pick her up so I know she will be taken care of.

Thank you so much,

My response to that was :

Kayla,

I feel that way but if you have the option to give her a home today and someone is nice and willing then please let them have her.

My friend Gill has 10 cats and he's taking in a special needs cat this weekend so it would be better if he didn't have to take her but he will if a home is not found.

Please let me know if you are going to interview these other people or not.

Thanks,

Melissa

So I just checked my e-mail and nothing so I wrote this to her now:

Kayla,

I was wondering if you have heard anything from anyone or anything?

If not my friend was serious about getting her. I just wanted to give those other people a chance. I really hope you didn't toss her out yet.

Please get back to me soon,

Melissa

Gill, I hope your not upset with me about writing that you were serious about the cat.

Jenn,
As far as I know she knows nothing about the cats medical history so I would say if you were to take in this cat then the cat would need an all over check up.

This is what she said to me in an e-mail when I asked her if the cat had an shots, fixed:

yes i still have her, i'm not sure if she was ever to a vet and no shes not fixed and my camera doesnt work so i dont have any pictures, shes dark gray and black

This is what she told me when I asked her if the cat has ever been outside and how long has she had the cat:

i knew her since she was born but i had her for um. maybe 5 months now and i'm sick of having her locked in the basement, she's never been outside that i know of

That's all the information I have for now. I just hope she didn't toss this 4 year old Alley outside.

Melissa

CultureJunky
04-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Oh I am praying that this poor cat gets to somebody who will care. I have my fingers crossed. I'm on tentahooks wanting to know if she gets out okay.