PDA

View Full Version : NHL and NBA playoffs!

RICHARD
04-23-2008, 03:05 AM
Glad that Anaheim was bounced from the Stanley Cup repeat.

--------------

What's up with the Montreal fans?

Like, you guys have never won anything? :confused:

------------

I guess I have to root the Lakers on.....psych! :mad:

Go Exciting Games!!!

JenBKR
04-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm rooting for my team, the PENGUINS! woohoo I love those guys! This just MIGHT be their year :D

Shelteez2
04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :(
I am in mourning today. My team just couldn't get it together and show up last night. :( Now hockey is over for me.

sparks19
04-23-2008, 04:36 PM
What's up with the Montreal fans?

Like, you guys have never won anything? :confused:

!!!

It's been a long time for us lol we aren't used to going this long without the Habs going #1 into the playoffs in the East lol.

But yeah I don't really get the rioting.... French Canadiens for ya :p kidding kidding

Sucks that the Rangers are in .... I cannot STAND Avery. he's such a punk and I hope he gets his clock cleaned.

Grace
04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/11/13/lidstrom.jpg

davidpizzica
04-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm rooting for my team, the PENGUINS! woohoo I love those guys! This just MIGHT be their year :D
Jen, I SECOND that! I think it's their turn to win the Stanley cup!

DJFyrewolf36
04-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I guess Im rooting for Boston and Phoenix...the Blazers looked good this year I THOUGHT :p

sparks19
04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I guess Im rooting for Boston and Phoenix...the Blazers looked good this year I THOUGHT :p
If you are talking NHL... Boston and Phoenis are out.... but if you are talking NBA I have no idea :p

Grace
04-24-2008, 10:51 PM
WINGS - 4

Avs - 3

http://home.earthlink.net/~jbratman/octopus2_450x300.JPG

sparks19
04-24-2008, 11:11 PM
WOOT go Habs Go

DJFyrewolf36
04-24-2008, 11:28 PM
If you are talking NHL... Boston and Phoenis are out.... but if you are talking NBA I have no idea :p

NBA lol. Not a big hockey fan but Ive kind of caught the basketball bug that floats around here...not to mention my dad coached HS basketball so I kind of got into it :D Too bad I cant play worth a crud lol

Catsnclay
04-25-2008, 12:55 PM

We are HUGE Phx Suns fans........we will be at tonight's game along with the game on Sunday (Prime-time TV :eek: ) -GO SUNS!!!

I too would like to see Phoenix Vs Boston in the Finals, but I do believe the NBA "Gods" have another plan: Boston Vs LA (yuck- I hate those Lakers!! ;) )

Watch out for Portland next year!!!!!!

JenBKR
04-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Jen, I SECOND that! I think it's their turn to win the Stanley cup!

I think so too! And that game last night (Friday night) WHEW! I was on the edge of my seat! So glad that they pulled out that win. :D

davidpizzica
04-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I think so too! And that game last night (Friday night) WHEW! I was on the edge of my seat! So glad that they pulled out that win. :D
Jen, with the talent of Sidney Crosby (GO 87!) and evryone else on the Pens, we can see a Stanley Cup in our future! Pittsburgh is Stanley Cup crazy!

Grace
04-26-2008, 06:42 PM
WINGS - 5

AVS - 1

Johan Franzen with the Hat Trick!!

http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/4.gif

DJFyrewolf36
04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
We are HUGE Phx Suns fans........we will be at tonight's game along with the game on Sunday (Prime-time TV :eek: ) -GO SUNS!!!

I too would like to see Phoenix Vs Boston in the Finals, but I do believe the NBA "Gods" have another plan: Boston Vs LA (yuck- I hate those Lakers!! ;) )

Watch out for Portland next year!!!!!!

The Suns need to pull it together :p sigh. If it turns out to be a Boston/Lakers final I know who I'm going to be rooting for!

Go Celtics!

Catsnclay
04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Well the Suns lost on Friday - :( - but.......

they WON today!!!! -:D - :D - :D - :D

YEAH!!!!

It is now 3-1 and we are still down, but at least we were not 'swept'!! -;) -

Yeah, I'm not a Laker fan either!! :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Woohoo! Go SUNS!!

davidpizzica
04-27-2008, 10:49 PM
The Penguins are for real! They're 2 & 0 against the New York Rangers. It may be a little tougher when they play those games in New York, but I think that they'll take that series too. Go Pens and Sidney Crosby!

RICHARD
04-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Too bad I cant play worth a crud lol

COUCH BASKETBALL?

Get a six pack, sit on the couch and drink it really fast, then dribble all over yourself! :D

JenBKR
04-30-2008, 11:16 AM
The Penguins are for real! They're 2 & 0 against the New York Rangers. It may be a little tougher when they play those games in New York, but I think that they'll take that series too. Go Pens and Sidney Crosby!

WOOHOO They even played great in NY! It's been a lot of fun watching them this year, no matter what happens.....but oh how I would LOVE to see them go all the way! They are on top of their game right now - GO PENS!!

Grace
04-30-2008, 12:58 PM
WINGS 4
AVS 3

FYI - Sean Avery of the NY Rangers was admitted to the hospital early this morning with a lacerated spleen. He's out for the rest of their season - one more game maybe?

JenBKR
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
FYI - Sean Avery of the NY Rangers was admitted to the hospital early this morning with a lacerated spleen. He's out for the rest of their season - one more game maybe?

Just heard about that - and that he was found unconscious. They thought it was cardiac arrest at first. Prayers to Sean Avery for a full and healthy recovery.

davidpizzica
04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
WOOHOO They even played great in NY! It's been a lot of fun watching them this year, no matter what happens.....but oh how I would LOVE to see them go all the way! They are on top of their game right now - GO PENS!!
I agree, Jen! The Pens are on fire right now (kind of a bad thing for a game played on ice. LOL!). Also my prayers go out to Sean Avery that he makes a full recovery. GO Sid the kid and the Pens!

Grace
04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Just heard about that - and that he was found unconscious. They thought it was cardiac arrest at first. Prayers to Sean Avery for a full and healthy recovery.

He was not unconscious. That story really got out of hand. From TSN -

Team spokesman John Rosasco told TSN that Avery did not lose consciousness and his condition was never considered life-threatening, contrary to media reports out of New York.

Avery suffered the injury some time during his 14 minutes of play Tuesday, but the Rangers are not sure when or how. The winger's pain got worse during the game and became a serious issue after the game finished.

Rangers team physician Dr. Andrew Feldman suspected a spleen injury and the pair were driven to hospital. Avery was able to walk into the hospital on his own.

Rosasco said Avery's spleen was not removed and isn't expected to need surgery but will remain hospitalized for a few days.

Grace
05-02-2008, 05:55 PM
http://www.tci.tdcj.state.tx.us/products/janitorial/brooms_brushes/images/200_corn_broom.jpg
WINGS 8
AVS - 2

Every Wing goal was scored by a Swede. Franzen had his 2nd hat trick in 3 games!!!

RICHARD
05-03-2008, 07:34 PM
A little revenge for Jagr?

I love it!

Catsnclay
05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
:mad: - Ugh! I just heard that Kobe Bryant will win the MVP award.

Gee.........anyone surprised?! :rolleyes:

They are all just going through the motions until it is L.A. Vs Boston.

The NBA is truly the WWF in disguise - :( -

RICHARD
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
:mad: - Ugh! I just heard that Kobe Bryant will win the MVP award.

You know it.

Bryant is so self absorbed that I can't stand it. He'll stop playing for the rest of the season and he'll do what he did when he had the problems in Denver.....

I guess it pays to be whiny?:rolleyes:

davidpizzica
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
The Penguins have defeated the New York Rangers four games to one in their series. They won 3-2 in overtime today. Now on to Philly. GO PENGIUNS!

RICHARD
05-05-2008, 03:29 AM
It's 2:24 a.m.EST

Do you know where your hockey team is?

Yep. coming off the ice after a FOUR OT game.

And boy, WAS IT GOOD!

Dallas 2
San Jose 1

JenBKR
05-05-2008, 08:55 AM
The Penguins have defeated the New York Rangers four games to one in their series. They won 3-2 in overtime today. Now on to Philly. GO PENGIUNS!

WOOHOO I am so excited! What a game, whew! It sure has been an exciting year!

Catsnclay
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I guess it pays to be whiny?:rolleyes:

And a rapist in the NBA. - :mad: -

Nice guys (& teams) do loose.

sparks19
05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I"m so glad the Pens beat the Rangers. Even though Avery is out I still can't STAND him and don't want his team to advance anywhere lol.

Plus Philly wiped out my habs :( and I am NOT a philly fan at all so I hope the Pens mop the floor with them.

Although it seems none of this really matters if no one can beat Detroit lol.

smokey the elder
05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
The All-Pennsylvania East Championships! Back 'n' forth down I-80.:D (Oh, Go Penguins! As a Devils fan I MUST root against Philly!:p)

RICHARD
05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
(Oh, Go Penguins! As a Devils fan I MUST root against Philly!:p)

Where's Satan when you need him?;)

davidpizzica
05-07-2008, 05:58 PM
The All-Pennsylvania East Championships! Back 'n' forth down I-80.:D (Oh, Go Penguins! As a Devils fan I MUST root against Philly!:p)
I think this will be a rough series, but I think Sid the kid and the rest of the Penguins will take the series. A SUPER I-80 match -up! GO PENS!

Grace
05-08-2008, 09:11 PM
WINGS 4
Stars 1

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20080508&Category=SPORTS05&ArtNo=80508098&Ref=AR&Profile=1053&MaxW=320&Border=0

RICHARD
05-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry Laker fans....here it comes.

KB got his MVP, now he can kick back.

After some dominate games, they are losing by 7 points inthe third quarter of game three in the series.:rolleyes:

The announcers were talking about who is going to come off the bench to save the game!:eek:

sparks19
05-09-2008, 11:14 PM
WOOT Pens.... if Philly plays like this through the whole series they are TOAST lol

JenBKR
05-10-2008, 08:11 AM
WOOT Pens.... if Philly plays like this through the whole series they are TOAST lol

I know! Let's hope they keep that up then!

GO PENS!!

RICHARD
05-10-2008, 09:18 AM
GO PENS!!

I'm rooting for the PENCILS!:confused:

davidpizzica
05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I know! Let's hope they keep that up then!

GO PENS!!

Jen, I hope Philly keeps playing that way! GO PENS and win the Stanley cup!

JenBKR
05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm rooting for the PENCILS!:confused:

NOOOO the PENCILS are BAD! It's the PENS you want to root for ;)

Grace
05-10-2008, 10:19 PM
WINGS 2

STARS 1

Grace
05-12-2008, 09:44 PM
WINGS 5

STARS 2

Datsyuk had his very first hat trick. http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0406/nhl_g_datsyuk_195.jpg
Zetterberg had a spectacular, unassisted, shorthanded goal.
This was the Wings 9th straight win, going back to the first series against Nashville.

Am I the only Wings fan here?

RICHARD
05-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I like mine spicy with ranch dressing.
;)

Great games.

--------

The Lost Angeles Kobes are 0-2 since the MVP was awarded.:rolleyes:

Grace
05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Now that was wonderful!! How much better does it get than God Bless America sung by both Lauren Hart and Kate Smith.

davidpizzica
05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
GO PENGUINS!! Three in a row over the Philadelphia flyers! They won this game 4-1 in Philly, where the Penguins usually have trouble winning there. Sweep'em, Penguins!

Grace
05-15-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm guessing that both the Wings and Pens want to finish up at home. this is going to make for a wonderful weekend!!

Kate the Great sang again tonight. I remember when the Flyers first started using her rendition of God Bless America. Her record was fantastic back then. Then they brought her to the Spectrum to sing live - that was really cool. And the 1974 Stanley Cup finals - she sang, and Orr and Esposito tried to get some of the magic to rub off on them - but it didn't work.

RICHARD
05-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Kate the Great sang again tonight.

That's pretty creepy....how did they manage that?;)

Grace
05-15-2008, 10:37 PM
That's pretty creepy....how did they manage that?;)

Video tape from one her appearances way back when . . . . . not creepy at all - unless you're a Pens fan?

davidpizzica
05-18-2008, 04:51 PM
The Penguins have just beaten the Flyers 6-0 to get them to the Stanley cup finals. Fleury has posted a super shutout and Captain Sid the Kid lead the way! YAHOO!!

sparks19
05-19-2008, 12:05 AM
I am so glad the pens beat the Flyers.

However, I'm not sure the Pens can beat EITHER team that comes out of the West. We will see.

I don't hate Sid... but I can't stand the suck up commentators. they are all on Sidneys' Jock and it drives me crazy. GET A LIFE. OVECHKIN was a better player this year and yet he doesn't get the recognition that Sid does. Kind of fishy to me. I like Sidney (other than his diving .... when he gets breathed on he falls like a sack of rocks lol). But I am curious to see what the Pens do when all those kids demand a REAL salary... they can't afford them all. Who will they keep and who will they let go?

I am glad to see that it seems Fluery seems to have gotten his HEAD out of his ARSE after his big screw up in the world juniors a few years ago. When he played for Wilkes barre Scranton he ALWAYS lost the big game when it mattered most... couldn't keep his head in it after his big choke job with the Canadian juniors.

I hate to say it but I think who ever comes out of the west (it will be detroit) will take the finals and win the cup

Sparklecoon
05-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Go Wings!!!

JenBKR
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
The Penguins have just beaten the Flyers 6-0 to get them to the Stanley cup finals. Fleury has posted a super shutout and Captain Sid the Kid lead the way! YAHOO!!

What a game that was! SOOO exciting! On to the finals, good luck PENS!!

Grace
05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/trophies/winners/PRT1995.jpg VS http://www.icebullshockey.com/chris/nhltol/logos300/pit.png

sparks19
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I think the Pens are screwed.

RICHARD
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Who are the red wheels?;)

-----------

Here we go....I have to root for the LA Kobes......I don't like the other team.

Go HOCKEY!

Grace
05-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Detroit 4- - - Pittsburgh 0

Samuelsson - 2
Cleary - 1
Zetterberg - 1

Ozzie - shutout

sparks19
05-24-2008, 10:08 PM
I definitely wouldn't credit Osgood for that win. If he played behind any other team he would have been screwed. His team bailed him out A LOT.

BUT on the other hand... the Marc Andre Fleury we all know and love showed up for this game. Two BONE HEAD plays for the puck.... two goals against.

And just for the record... that no goal call was BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Grace
05-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I definitely wouldn't credit Osgood for that win. If he played behind any other team he would have been screwed. His team bailed him out A LOT.

BUT on the other hand... the Marc Andre Fleury we all know and love showed up for this game. Two BONE HEAD plays for the puck.... two goals against.

And just for the record... that no goal call was BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

The only thing we agree on is the no goal call.

I neither know, nor love the Pittsburgh goalie; on the other hand, I have been cheering for Ozzie dating back to the mid-90s.

Shots on goal: Detroit 36 - Pittsburgh 19. And none during the first 7 minutes of the 3rd period.

sparks19
05-24-2008, 10:35 PM
The only thing we agree on is the no goal call.

I neither know, nor love the Pittsburgh goalie; on the other hand, I have been cheering for Ozzie dating back to the mid-90s.

Shots on goal: Detroit 36 - Pittsburgh 19. And none during the first 7 minutes of the 3rd period.

Ah I have had the pleasure (is that the right word?) of seeing Fleury play live many many times... and have also had the pleasure of seeing him do exactly what he did tonight when it really matters many many times. I thought perhaps he was over his bonor from the juniors but apparently it still sticks with him. he was supposed to be the next Roy... then he banked a shot off his OWN player and into his OWN net in the championship game and he has never recovered from it. STOP TRYING TO PLAY THE PUCK MAN.

Catsnclay
05-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I have to root for the LA Kobes......I don't like the other team.

:confused: You mean the NBA is still playing??!!! I quit watching a long time ago -:rolleyes:.

;)

RICHARD
05-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Detroit must be rocking!

----------------

Yep, looks like the Kobes against the Celts!:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
05-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Im rooting Celts all the way!

:D

No offense to my Cal pals but Portland stinks and there is absolutely NO hope for Seattle (so no rooting for the local guy) and Ive been a Celtics fan ever since I was a little kid watching Larry Bird.

I am exited to see a classic matchup between LA and Boston though

Grace
05-26-2008, 09:57 PM
WINGS 3 - PENS 0

Stuart 1
Holmstrom 1
Filpulla 1

Ozzie - 2nd shutout in a row.

For those who tend to scoff at Ozzie, let me point out that he is only the 4th goalie in NHL history to register shutouts in the first 2 games of the Stanley Cup finals.

Last was Martin Brodeur in 2003.

sparks19
05-26-2008, 10:34 PM
WINGS 3 - PENS 0

Stuart 1
Holmstrom 1
Filpulla 1

Ozzie - 2nd shutout in a row.

For those who tend to scoff at Ozzie, let me point out that he is only the 4th goalie in NHL history to register shutouts in the first 2 games of the Stanley Cup finals.

Last was Martin Brodeur in 2003.

that is true... but look at the team in front of him. if rolls were reversed and he was playing for the pens I don't think he would have two shut outs. but regardless it is quite an accomplishment for any TEAM to go scoreless in the finals. Wondering if the Pens are going to score at all lol. (BTW Marty ALSO had one of the best defenses in the league at the time of his shut outs... not a coincidence)

It's not the Osgood isn't a good goalie. he is... he just has an even better team in front of him to bail him out. I mean... if Hasek can be successful on this team anyone can lol.... WHEN is he going to retire for good?

My biggest issue tonight... the DIVING. Osgood dove twice. he's too good for that. BUT if they called goalie interference for that stick barely grazing Fleury in the first game... they should have called something in this game... diving or not.

The Pens are OBVIOUSLY frustrated. They took a lot of cheap shots at Franzen. Only thing that frustrates me more than diving is cheap shots or intent to injure. They are Pro's... they don't need to resort to that pansy cr@p. Let your talent speak for itself... don't dive... don't 'cheap shot. Just PLAY THE GAME. if you lose at least you can maybe take pride in the fact that you didn't sell out.

BTW... Hello... MALKIN? where are you? I think he forgot they were playing tonight and SAturday lol.

Grace
05-26-2008, 10:47 PM
that is true... but look at the team in front of him. if rolls were reversed and he was playing for the pens I don't think he would have two shut outs. but regardless it is quite an accomplishment for any TEAM to go scoreless in the finals. Wondering if the Pens are going to score at all lol. (BTW Marty ALSO had one of the best defenses in the league at the time of his shut outs... not a coincidence)

It's not the Osgood isn't a good goalie. he is... he just has an even better team in front of him to bail him out. I mean... if Hasek can be successful on this team anyone can lol.... WHEN is he going to retire for good?

My biggest issue tonight... the DIVING. Osgood dove twice. he's too good for that. BUT if they called goalie interference for that stick barely grazing Fleury in the first game... they should have called something in this game... diving or not.

The Pens are OBVIOUSLY frustrated. They took a lot of cheap shots at Franzen. Only thing that frustrates me more than diving is cheap shots or intent to injure. They are Pro's... they don't need to resort to that pansy cr@p. Let your talent speak for itself... don't dive... don't 'cheap shot. Just PLAY THE GAME. if you lose at least you can maybe take pride in the fact that you didn't sell out.

BTW... Hello... MALKIN? where are you? I think he forgot they were playing tonight and SAturday lol.

You brought it up, so I can now comment. Where is Malkin? He hasn't been seen much since the last series. Roberts is a thug - he was when with the Leafs - he hasn't changed.

Whatever. I'm just very happy right now. And I am exceedingly happy with the country of my heritage -

http://www.english2swedish.com/Sweden_flag_300.png

Grace
05-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Im rooting Celts all the way!

No offense to my Cal pals but Portland stinks and there is absolutely NO hope for Seattle (so no rooting for the local guy) and Ive been a Celtics fan ever since I was a little kid watching Larry Bird.

I am exited to see a classic matchup between LA and Boston though

Don't count your chickens - the Pistons won by 19 tonight, so this series is tied. Personally, I think the Lakers will win, no matter the opponent. I'm not happy about it; just think that's the way it will come out.

sparks19
05-27-2008, 08:00 AM
You brought it up, so I can now comment. Where is Malkin? He hasn't been seen much since the last series. Roberts is a thug - he was when with the Leafs - he hasn't changed.

Whatever. I'm just very happy right now. And I am exceedingly happy with the country of my heritage -

http://www.english2swedish.com/Sweden_flag_300.png

LOL apparently Therrien had some words with Malkin about his (lack of) performance. He's just totally fallen off the map lately.

yeah I never liked Roberts much either. I do NOT like thugs.... guys who go out to lay cheap shots really irk me. the league wants to crack down on rules... how about cracking down on THAT? If a guy goes out to play and takes a good hit and gets injured... well it sucks but that is the nature of the game. but when guy goes out and is taken out for MONTHS (bergeron) because of a cheap hit... that does not sit well with me. especially when the league hands out a measely slap on the wrist and THEN talk about getting rid of fighting. YEAH fighting is the problem :rolleyes:

Grace
05-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Sparks, have you read this article - http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08148/885120-150.stm.

I know it wouldn't be so enjoyable to me, if I were a Pens fan; but it is funny.

sparks19
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Sparks, have you read this article - http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08148/885120-150.stm.

I know it wouldn't be so enjoyable to me, if I were a Pens fan; but it is funny.

LOL I couldn't BELIEVE Therrien actually said the things he said. HELLO... have you never been in the playoffs? don't say stuff like that while still playing the series lol it only gives the opposition some material to get them p umped up... DUH. At least wait until it's over hahaha.

As for Hossa. I remember the Habs were trying to get him... they wanted THREE of our youngest and greastest up and comers for him AND a draft pick. I am glad they told them to pound salt lol. Hossa is NOT worth that.

I said it before and I'll say it again... the Red Wings are going to pound the Pens. I just hope the pens can at least make it a series lol. I don't want Bettman to have any more fuel to make more stupid rules that don't make sense and to disadvantage the goalies anymore. They are already getting run over and beat up non stop... why take away more of their protective equipment... it's not going to change anything... they are just THAT good.

Stupid Buttman. lol

RICHARD
05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
I guess the refs want to see El Lay in the championships too!:rolleyes:

JenBKR
05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, as a Pens fan of course I am disappointed in Games 1 & 2 - although 'someone' kept me too busy to actually watch them ;) But no matter what happens, I love my team and I support them. I am not a fair-weather fan. They have had an amazing season and playoffs up until this series, and I think that says a lot for them.

On a side note, I have been having weird dreams throughout the playoffs.....for example, for game 5 with the Rangers, I dreamed the night before that the Pens won 3-1....well they won 3-2, but close. Then last week, I dreamed that they lost...and BAD...to the red wings for games 1 & 2. (although in my dream the red wings had like 14 goals and the Pens had a couple...but still, they lost bad). Yesterday I had a dream that the Pens win tonight, with 2 goals very close together......we will see if I am right this time! If I am, and I have another dream, I better start placing bets!

Grace
05-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Well, as a Pens fan of course I am disappointed in Games 1 & 2 - although 'someone' kept me too busy to actually watch them ;) But no matter what happens, I love my team and I support them. I am not a fair-weathered fan. They have had an amazing season and playoffs up until this series, and I think that says a lot for them.

Neither am I - a fair weather fan. I moved to this area 40+ years ago, and immediately became a Wings fan - through all the years when they were called the Dead Things. I truly thought I would die without seeing the Stanley Cup here. Then came 1997, followed by 1998 and then 2002.

Hockey Bliss http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/bliss.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/WE.gif

JenBKR
05-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Neither am I - a fair weather fan. I moved to this area 40+ years ago, and immediately became a Wings fan - through all the years when they were called the Dead Things. I truly thought I would die without seeing the Stanley Cup here. Then came 1997, followed by 1998 and then 2002.

Hockey Bliss http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/bliss.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/WE.gif

I hear ya - just a few years ago the Pens were about the worst team in hockey. Of course it's more fun to see my team win, but I still love them when they are losing.

sparks19
05-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Well, as a Pens fan of course I am disappointed in Games 1 & 2 - although 'someone' kept me too busy to actually watch them ;) But no matter what happens, I love my team and I support them. I am not a fair-weathered fan. They have had an amazing season and playoffs up until this series, and I think that says a lot for them.

On a side note, I have been having weird dreams throughout the playoffs.....for example, for game 5 with the Rangers, I dreamed the night before that the Pens won 3-1....well they won 3-2, but close. Then last week, I dreamed that they lost...and BAD...to the red wings for games 1 & 2. (although in my dream the red wings had like 14 goals and the Pens had a couple...but still, they lost bad). Yesterday I had a dream that the Pens win tonight, with 2 goals very close together......we will see if I am right this time! If I am, and I have another dream, I better start placing bets!

LOL Jen... is it considered inside trading if you share your dreams so we can all bet? LOL

sparks19
05-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I hear ya - just a few years ago the Pens were about the worst team in hockey. Of course it's more fun to see my team win, but I still love them when they are losing.

I'm with ya there. Although I'm not a Pens fan or a Red Wings fan. My team was knocked out a while ago lol. Stupid Flyers... I'm just glad the Pens beat out the Flyers haha.

I remember the commentator saying the other night that the Pens used to have trouble selling 1200 tickets for a home game and now they have 1200 fans travelling to away games. So where were all these fans when they were losing? Don't fair weather fans drive you nuts lol. They come in during all the glory and then are no where to be found during the hard times. STINKS

JenBKR
05-28-2008, 12:35 PM
LOL Jen... is it considered inside trading if you share your dreams so we can all bet? LOL

hmm...well if you promise not to tell on me, I'll share my next dream with a select few :D

JenBKR
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm with ya there. Although I'm not a Pens fan or a Red Wings fan. My team was knocked out a while ago lol. Stupid Flyers... I'm just glad the Pens beat out the Flyers haha.

I remember the commentator saying the other night that the Pens used to have trouble selling 1200 tickets for a home game and now they have 1200 fans travelling to away games. So where were all these fans when they were losing? Don't fair weather fans drive you nuts lol. They come in during all the glory and then are no where to be found during the hard times. STINKS

Oh I KNOW what you mean! If you are a fan, no matter what is going on with your team, be behind them!

Grace
05-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Jen and/or Sparks -

Don't either of you remember 1991 - 92? Back-to- back Cups for Pittsburgh.

Remember Bob Johnson, coach for the first one; then he died of a brain tumor and Scotty Bowman took over and they won again. Then Scotty moved on to Detroit.

JenBKR
05-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Jen and/or Sparks -

Remember Bob Johnson, coach for the first one; then he died of a brain tumor and Scotty Bowman took over and they won again. Then Scotty moved on to Detroit.

I do remember - I was just getting interested in hockey. I was in 6th grade I think, or something like that. That was exciting.....I also remember the one playoff game that went into something like 4 overtimes.....didn't end until 2am!! :eek:

Grace
05-28-2008, 01:25 PM
I do remember - I was just getting interested in hockey. I was in 6th grade I think, or something like that. That was exciting.....I also remember the one playoff game that went into something like 4 overtimes.....didn't end until 2am!! :eek:

Oh my - you are young!

I think the playoff game you refer to was in 2000, against the dastardly Flyers. The Flyers won, on a goal by Keith Primeau, at 12:01 of the 5th OT period!!

JenBKR
05-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Oh my - you are young!

I think the playoff game you refer to was in 2000, against the dastardly Flyers. The Flyers won, on a goal by Keith Primeau, at 12:01 of the 5th OT period!!

Just turned 29! :eek:

That could be - I barely remember the game, just that it went on forever....and I wasn't allowed to stay up to watch as it was a school night ;)

sparks19
05-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Jen and/or Sparks -

LOL vaguely... I was ten at the time lol.

I remember lots of games but I can never remember years things happen though. It gets all jumbled up in my mind lol.

Grace
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
PENS 3 - WINGS 2

Now we have an interesting series. And Sid the Kid has scored!!

sparks19
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
PENS 3 - WINGS 2

Now we have an interesting series. And Sid the Kid has scored!!

Finally.

Still expecting more from Malkin though.

but at least it is a good series now :D Much more interesting.

and MAN... what is Bettman on? he wants high scoring games. NOTHING to me is more exciting than the last 2 minutes of a one goal or a tie game :D

RICHARD
05-29-2008, 07:57 AM
I hate sweeps.....

GO 7th GAME!

:):)

JenBKR
05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Well, they didn't have two close together goals, but the Pens DID win.....so I ned to get lots of sleep between now and Saturday to see what I dream next!! :D Shawn asked me to try to dream about the lottery next :p

That was a much better game, the Pens actually showed up to play! I hope it stays exciting from here on out :)

davidpizzica
05-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, they didn't have two close together goals, but the Pens DID win.....so I ned to get lots of sleep between now and Saturday to see what I dream next!! :D Shawn asked me to try to dream about the lottery next :p

That was a much better game, the Pens actually showed up to play! I hope it stays exciting from here on out :)

Jen, I agree. Everyone on the Pens played together and did their job last night, and we had GREAT fan support, which helps a lot. Uh, Jen? could you dream me a winning number, too?

sparks19
05-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Alright Jen.
My PM box is open and waiting for your dream prediction... then I'm on the phone to Vegas LOL

JenBKR
05-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Alright Jen.
My PM box is open and waiting for your dream prediction... then I'm on the phone to Vegas LOL

Sorry guys....all I dreamed about last night was that I left Ty at my SIL's house and then couldn't find him :eek: let's hope THAT'S not a prediction! hmm maybe I should take a nap and see if I have any more luck....:D

sparks19
05-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Sorry guys....all I dreamed about last night was that I left Ty at my SIL's house and then couldn't find him :eek: let's hope THAT'S not a prediction! hmm maybe I should take a nap and see if I have any more luck....:D

LOL well you've got two nights to have a dream prediction still lol.

I HATE those dreams. I have them all the time.

RICHARD
05-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Well,

West coast is set. Go Eastern Conference.

--------
THe post game trophy award was so sad- Here they give KB the credit for being such a team player and all around good guy.....sheesh.:rolleyes:

I felt badly for Mitch Kupchak- He had to put up with all the BS from the jerk before the season, had his leadership qualities questioned and had to put up with the trade demands from the 'MVP'......

JenBKR
05-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Well no dreams about hockey...although I DID dream that we got an alarm system installed and the combination was 3237.....sooo I'm wondering if I should go play those numbers!! :D

Catsnclay
05-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Well,

West coast is set. Go Eastern Conference.

--------
THe post game trophy award was so sad- Here they give KB the credit for being such a team player and all around good guy.....sheesh.:rolleyes:

I felt badly for Mitch Kupchak- He had to put up with all the BS from the jerk before the season, had his leadership qualities questioned and had to put up with the trade demands from the 'MVP'......

Ah, yes............the "wonderful" MVP and HIS team, all happy and wonderful, now.

=======================================

Well, Mr. Stern got what he wanted, the Lakers and Celtics are now in the Finals. I sure hope he is happy - :rolleyes: - even the comercials during the season had this match up, kinda makes me wonder if some Ref's were not in someones, um, pockets. (??)

BTW- did he ever voice an opinion on who he wanted to actually win??!!

RICHARD
05-31-2008, 05:22 PM
BTW- did he ever voice an opinion on who he wanted to actually win??!!

Stern has no fave team, actually he does.

It's the team with all the dead presidents on it!;)

Grace
05-31-2008, 10:09 PM
WINGS 2 - PENS 1

I do hope that Therrien is done whining. That 2nd penalty in the 3rd, that gave the Pens a 5 on 3, was so bogus. However, the Swedes took care of things. That penalty kill was a thing of beauty.

And I also hope that that adoration of Saint Sid comes to an end soon - it grows tiresome as the games go on.

RICHARD
05-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Loved the frantic finish!

We want 7 games.

--------------

For those interested in the chant you'll hear for games 3,4,5 of the NBA playoffs.

A fast food company offers free tacos to the fans in attendance if the Lakers win, score over 100 and hold the oppostion to under 100 points.

The chant, "We want tacos" is just as annoying as "MVP", during the game.:rolleyes:

Catsnclay
06-01-2008, 10:22 PM

OK, and that would be..........????????

Grace
06-01-2008, 10:41 PM

Would you care to narrow that down a bit?

BOSTON has a player named Pierce, as in Franklin, the 14th President.

LOS ANGELES has a coach named Jackson, as in Andrew, the 7th President.

Possibly you are stating that Stern has no specific favorite?

RICHARD
06-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Close....

It's the team with the numbers 1,5,10,20,50,100 on the jerseys.

MONEY!

Look at the commercials, endorsements and other ways the NBA will make money!

Grace
06-02-2008, 10:37 PM
WINGS 3 - PENS 3 after 80 minutes of playing time.

Not sure how much longer I can last. It was warm here today, so it's warm inside the JLA. Good thing those guys are in good shape http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/4.gif

sparks19
06-02-2008, 11:34 PM
OMG is this an INCREDIBLE game or WHAT.

Other than a game 7 with OT what better could you possibly ask for in the finals.

WOW AWESOME

RICHARD
06-02-2008, 11:48 PM
wow, you have to love it!

I want a game 7.......

JenBKR
06-03-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm with ya Richard!WOW what a game! I ended up laying in bed and listening to the 2nd and 3rd OT, so I was (sort of) awake for Sykora's goal. The Flower was amazing....oh just such an exciting game. And a pretty pass from Malkin, finally a point for him! Maybe that will break him of his slump.....Anyone in Pittsburgh see the Big Four lottery number yesterday?

:D ;)

Cincy'sMom
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
I admit, I am only a half-hearted Red Wings (or even Hockey) fan, and have not watched the series as closely as most...but what a game last night!

davidpizzica
06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm with ya Richard!WOW what a game! I ended up laying in bed and listening to the 2nd and 3rd OT, so I was (sort of) awake for Sykora's goal. The Flower was amazing....oh just such an exciting game. And a pretty pass from Malkin, finally a point for him! Maybe that will break him of his slump.....Anyone in Pittsburgh see the Big Four lottery number yesterday?

:D ;)

Hey, I'm with both of you! That was the most exciting playoff game in recent memory. Malkin, I think, is now over his slump and this will give him a big boost. Bring on game seven!!

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 11:40 AM
LOL

Tiger Woods made a statement about haw-key-

He said that he didn't care who won, he didn't think anyone watched hockey and wanted to talk about the Dodgers!

------------

I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want to see good, hard fought games, good plays and heart.

Get hit in the face with a puck? I am going home crying! ;)
That was ballsy.

I bet the sound of the puck hitting the post is one you'll hear in your dreams for a long time.

Predict the game winning goal?
You do that in a street game when you are a kid.:)

"I didn't mean to hit him in the face with my stick!"
The last time a stick cost a team the Cup it was in the hands of Marty McSorley!

I really hate to watch sports at night because I look at the clock and think about all the poor people on the Right Coast who are looking at their clocks thinking about going to sleep!

-----------

So, If they played game 5 last night, it went to almost 6 periods of hawkey.
Does that count for a game 5 AND 6?:confused:

--------

I had to laugh at the post game interviews.....

ALmost everyone had an accent! Combine that with the Lakers -they have Turiaf, Radmanovic, Sasha and Gasol. These guys are coming into the U.S. and taking away jobs from the citizens!;)

(P.S. I do like the Lakers, I don't care for KB)

elizabethann
06-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Beat LA....Beat LA....Beat LA....

Whoa...the 70's and 80's are coming back to me.

Go Celtics!

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Beat LA....Beat LA....Beat LA....

Whoa...the 70's and 80's are coming back to me.

Go Celtics!

If you put it that way....

L.A. Kobes :rolleyes:

:p

------------

Grace,

You may want to change those smileys.....They have been playing to a tie all morning!

---------

Today was Gary Bettman's birthday!

What a great b-day present!

Good Hawkey for him and the fans!

sparks19
06-03-2008, 11:20 PM
If you put it that way....

:p

------------

Grace,

You may want to change those smileys.....They have been playing to a tie all morning!

---------

Today was Gary Bettman's birthday!

What a great b-day present!

Good Hawkey for him and the fans!

Well I hope Bettman's present was a CLUE. I can't stand that guy. He is ruining hockey.

Grace
06-04-2008, 10:41 PM
From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200806/200580605mf_pens0604_8_330.jpg

Grace
06-04-2008, 10:43 PM
From the Detroit News -

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Avis=C3&Dato=20080604&Kategori=SPORTS0103&Lopenr=806040462&Ref=TS&NewTbl=1&Q=100&MaxW=640&MaxH=350&noborder

Grace
06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Classy, classy people in Pittsburgh - sticking around for the presentation of the Conn Smythe Trophy (Henrik Zetterberg) and the Cup to Nicklas Lidstrom.

Your time will come - and it will be soon.

davidpizzica
06-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Grace, Pittsburgh fans are like no other fans. We like to win, but we know how to lose graciously. The Pens put up a fight, but Detriot was a better team. Hats off to Detroit and you're right, the Penguins next time will be soon!

RICHARD
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Loved the quote that went something like- "The cup weighs 35 pounds, nothing as you hoist if over your head".

Great series and how close was that last play?

I jumped out of my chair and was screaming!

-------------

Rolling down Imperial highway, With a big nasty red head at my side,
Santa Ana winds blowing hot from the north, We were born to ride!:D:cool:

EYE :love: El Lay......but not kobe.

RICHARD
06-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Hokay, I want a 7 game series, who wins will win.

---------

I was blown away by this topic on ESPN radio.

Bill Plascke is a sports writer for the El Lay Times. He wrote a piece that questioned Paul Pierce's injury and miraculous healing. From what I understand he wasn't harsh about it, he just had questions.

The host of the show was talking about the hate mail the BP got.
One was from a fan from back east that wrote about his feelings, then threatened to find out where the writer's relatives were buried and having their bones dug up!

I thought, "you must be kidding!". The writer contacted the fan and the fan told him that he had to watch all the Boston games ny himself because of the way he acted during the game!

I don't mind a good rivalry, but have to question the attitide from the fans. I have been in a few places where a game has been on the tube. I yell for good plays and really don't care who wins-I just want to be entertained.

People cannot understand why someone would cheer for both teams.

I really don't care who wins the series. But, I cannot believe that anyone would be that rabid about a stupid game.:eek::rolleyes:

sasvermont
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
I am TRYING to watch the playoffs and I am so distracted by all of the cheering. It is so darn distracting. Guess I should go back to my knitting.:o

elizabethann
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Sweep LA!
Sweep LA!
Sweep LA!

A couple of family members went to games 1 and 2. They said game 2 was so hot and humid, the Garden smelled. Personally, I think it smelled like success! :D

RICHARD
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Sweep LA!
Sweep LA!
Sweep LA!

A couple of family members went to games 1 and 2. They said game 2 was so hot and humid, the Garden smelled. Personally, I think it smelled like success! :D

PLEASE!

That was the smell of Kobe's feeble attempts to lead "HIS" team to victory.
Again, HE doesn't have the tools, know how or chops to get a team motivated or pumped up for a game.

Told ya!:p

RICHARD
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Hmmmmm, barely.........

I can hardly wait for baseball season to start!
-----------

I want to apologize to all the basketball fans across the world on behalf of the Lost Angeles fans.

Not all fans, Just the 5 foot five, hairy and baldheaded ones that wear a Lakers jersey in public.

The are way too chubby to be wearing any tank top. I suggest a razor or waxing and a bra before you go out in public.

Again, my apologies.

RICHARD
06-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Oops!

Nice timing with this story.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8231176?MSNHPHMA

I am not a huge bb fan, but even I could see people get mugged on the court.

One year Shaq was doing a live interview after a home loss. He went off and cursed about the calls during the game and about the refs!:eek:

RICHARD
06-13-2008, 08:34 AM
even the comercials during the season had this match up, kinda makes me wonder if some Ref's were not in someones, um, pockets. (??)

The NBA will have someone at your house to find out what you know about this!;)

----------------------

Bryant is not a team player or leader.

HE plays when he wants to and doesn't inspire the rest of the team to play with him as a group. He will disappear again on Sunday!
They all wait on each other to make plays. The championship will go to the best team. Not the team with the MVP and eleven other guys.

Catsnclay
06-14-2008, 06:19 PM
The championship will go to the best team. Not the team with the MVP and eleven other guys.

You sure about that??!!! :rolleyes::D

I really hope that the Celtics win, and I'm not even a Celtic fan!!

My view of the future: if LA looses, and I belive that they will, Kobe will start talking about wanting a trade - again :rolleyes:

Didn't Phil Jackson write a book about this once before?! I believe he said something to the fact that Kobe is uncoachable. Ouch! ......but true! This will be an interesting off season!

Go Celtics!! :D

RICHARD
06-15-2008, 03:50 AM
You sure about that??!!! :rolleyes::D

I really hope that the Celtics win, and I'm not even a Celtic fan!!

My view of the future: if LA looses, and I belive that they will, Kobe will start talking about wanting a trade - again :rolleyes:

Didn't Phil Jackson write a book about this once before?! I believe he said something to the fact that Kobe is uncoachable. Ouch! ......but true! This will be an interesting off season!

Go Celtics!! :D

Kobe will revert to the "little biatch" role again....bet on it.

He is such a great athlete....it's the brain that need fine tuning.

PJ did have his problems with KB, The book had some other little tidbits about their relationship.:rolleyes:

Can I still have 7 games?:D

RICHARD
06-16-2008, 06:52 AM
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH,

I am gonna get my 7th game.

I love the drama!!! Go sports!;)

Grace
06-17-2008, 11:10 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/06/17/1213760614_9362.jpg

Sorry, Richard - no 7th game.

DJFyrewolf36
06-17-2008, 11:59 PM
WOOT!

What a nice thing to see...and such a spanking on top of it all!

GO CELTICS!

RICHARD
06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
It didn't hurt to ask!

Oh, I have to say something snotty about the Boston fans I saw in the crowd.

For all the guys in the BC jerseys......GET A TAN!

Nothing like a 39 point arse whooping!!!:eek::D

Grace
06-30-2008, 09:52 PM
It's almost July 1st - Canada Day.

How very fitting that Lord Stanley's Cup will spend the day in Harbour Grace, Newfoundland, population just over 3300. Dan Cleary of the Detroit Red Wings is the very first resident of Newfoundland to win the Stanley Cup.

http://newzunereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/canadian_flag.jpg

RICHARD
07-02-2008, 07:53 PM
It's almost July 1st - Canada Day.

How very fitting that Lord Stanley's Cup will spend the day in Harbour Grace, Newfoundland, population just over 3300. Dan Cleary of the Detroit Red Wings is the very first resident of Newfoundland to win the Stanley Cup.

http://newzunereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/canadian_flag.jpg

That is one of the greatest traditions in sports.

I just heard the story about the oldest man to get his name on the Cup.

He was the coach for the first Rangers team to win. The goalie (back in the 20-30's teams carried only one goalie) was hit in the eye with a puck and when the opposing team would not let them pick someone out of the crowd to fill in-another funny thing about hockey at that time- the coach put on the pads and helped them win the game and they won the cup!

Cool!

Grace
07-04-2008, 10:13 PM
That is one of the greatest traditions in sports.

I just heard the story about the oldest man to get his name on the Cup.

He was the coach for the first Rangers team to win. The goalie (back in the 20-30's teams carried only one goalie) was hit in the eye with a puck and when the opposing team would not let them pick someone out of the crowd to fill in-another funny thing about hockey at that time- the coach put on the pads and helped them win the game and they won the cup!

Cool!

Yes, it definitely is a wonderful tradition. I believe it was begun by the N.Y. Islanders, back in the early 80's.

FYI - here is a link to the Stanley Cup Journal (http://www.hhof.com/html/exSCJ_2008.shtml). There will be an update of The Cup's travels around the world, with postings every Tuesday and Friday.