PDA

View Full Version : The Twelve Steps of Bush-Anon

Catty1
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
From Newsvine Magazine

http://partisanhack.newsvine.com/_news/2007/11/15/1098125-the-twelve-steps-of-bush-anon

Hi, my name is Partisan H, and I'm a Bush-aholic.
[Hi, PH]

It's been three months since I consciously hated Bush, and I am very grateful for the twelve steps of the Bush-Anon program that have helped me to live a more sane and productive life:

1. Admitted that we were powerless over Bush, that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a political system greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Became willing to turn our will and our lives over to the care of true American democracy as we understood it.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our hatred for all things that Bush has done to corrupt democracy.

5. Admitted to Newsvine, ourselves and another human being the exact nature of our ineffectiveness against Bush.

6. Were entirely ready to have the ballot box remove all of our defects of government.

7. Humbly asked a healthy political process to remove our hatred of Bush.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed with our Bush hatred and became willing to make amends to them all - or at least not to comment on their Newsvine posts.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would give them unreasonable pleasure.

10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly flagged our own Newsvine posts as inflammatory.

11. Sought through prayer, meditation and a study of the U.S. Constitution to improve our conscious understanding of democracy, praying only for our ability to participate constructively in the process and to have the power to get off our butts and do something.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps we tried to get as many people registered to vote as possible and to practice these principles in all of our political affairs.

Thanks, Bush-Anon, it's nice to have a life again!

RedHedd
04-23-2008, 11:23 AM
:D Thanks! This nation needs a 12-Step program! ;)