If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
If you can honestly say that deep in your heart you have no prejudice
against creed, color, religion, or politics,
Then, my friend,
You are ALMOST as good as your dog..

Kfamr
08-25-2002, 12:34 AM
That's great...

but the first think i tohught when i read the subject "sad but true" i tohught of the song by Metallica [ good song!!!!] lol.

Dixieland Dancer
08-25-2002, 08:58 AM
I enjoyed it too Staci but the first thing I thought of when I read the title was OHHHH NOOOOO, Keegan is driving Staci crazy again!!!! By the way..... is it time for a Keegan update???? I miss hearing about her! ;)

Tina
08-25-2002, 09:53 AM
I also enjoyed it. I'm going to print it out for all of my friends and family.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Great post. I have to admit I cried :( I really miss my Draker. I told Andrew he couldn't taken him home when they came for Labor Day Weekend.

shais_mom
08-25-2002, 03:05 PM
HA! Well, Keegan driving me crazy is an everyday occurence!! But not this time!!
She is very very active, and very sweet all at the same time!! She has her moments where she is such a little terror!!!
Yesterday we were at my parents house and she went around the corner of the house and when I went to look for her, she was across the road. BAD GIRL!!!
So I got her back across and in the house and I said something to mom and dad about it and dad said "With the skunk? PPPPEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!"
Sure enough someone had hit a skunk and dad flipped in into the ditch and that is where Keegan was!!! So she got her first outside bath!!!! With the dish soap. (My parents don't have a dog so they had no doggie shampoo) She must have just gotten her nose in it b/c as soon as she dried out she didn't smell like it anymore. Thank God, of course afterwards I remembered that I could have used peroxide or mouthwash! duh!!
Then she got to play with her tennis balls so that made life all the better!! She loves being at my parents house b/c she gets to play with Pa-Pa and she gets to run around off leash. She knows the name Pa-Pa. I just tell her "do you wanna go see pa-pa?" and she runs to the door. Then practically pulls me to the car!! She's like "come on come on!!"

Karen
08-25-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Great post. I have to admit I cried :( I really miss my Draker. I told Andrew he couldn't taken him home when they came for Labor Day Weekend.

When is your big move? Won't it be great to all be together again?

Dixieland Dancer
08-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Then she got to play with her tennis balls so that made life all the better!! She loves being at my parents house b/c she gets to play with Pa-Pa and she gets to run around off leash. She knows the name Pa-Pa. I just tell her "do you wanna go see pa-pa?" and she runs to the door. Then practically pulls me to the car!! She's like "come on come on!!"

OHOH Keegan, playing with your tennis balls is a lot more fun than playing with the dead skunk!!! I bet you did it just to get a bath!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-26-2002, 06:14 AM
Karen, the move has been postponed till after Andrew and I get back from vacation in December. The job market in Alabama was horrible. The jobs do not pay well at all. I was prepared to accept a pay cut, but they weren't even offering half of what I make now. So, I decided to stay in Georgia for a while longer.

popcornbird
08-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Karen, the move has been postponed till after Andrew and I get back from vacation in December. The job market in Alabama was horrible. The jobs do not pay well at all. I was prepared to accept a pay cut, but they weren't even offering half of what I make now. So, I decided to stay in Georgia for a while longer.

Drake isn't moving with you?? :confused: :( :confused:

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-27-2002, 06:15 AM
Popcornbird, Drake goes with us whereever we go. He will be moving when we move. Right now, my husband and I live in different states. He is stationed in Alabama and I still work in Georgia. Drake had been staying with me for 7 months. Andrew "borrowed" him for a while coz he was getting lonely.

Drake will be coming this weekend and staying with me until Andrew and I move. It goes without saying that when I say Andrew and I will be moving that Drake is going too.