PDA

View Full Version : New Fishies

AdoreMyDogs
08-24-2002, 10:59 PM
My new fishies are here. I had run the tank for a few days before I went fishy shopping, and boy am I happy with what I came home with! The black on is a black moor and he's quite possibly the most beautiful goldfish I have ever seen! His pictures don't do him any bit of justice. He's stunning.

The calico is a Ryukin and he (she) is real pretty, too.

Aly, I picked a calico because I remember when you were sad about your goldfish passing, that you had calicos and you simply loved them. I got a calico because I was thinking about you.

And KayAnn, I picked out a black moor goldfish because I was thinking of you and your Nelly adoration :) I almost considered calling him Nelly, too, because of you :)

The black one is named Shimmer and the calico one is named Splat (because she looks like she's been splattered with paint)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pef82dbf0ffdda9d0c620cab23807d28d/fd5bded8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pbb7243e31065e7097213885f97dfeb66/fd5bdf25.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pd184d9c6360b8415d849701c05950c46/fd5bdf4a.jpg

Rottieluver45
08-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Awww...they are soooooo pretty!! We have about 11 fish so if you need any help just ask!(We have 1 6 ft long tank and 25 gallon tank and something else!)

AdoreMyDogs
08-24-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
Awww...they are soooooo pretty!! We have about 11 fish so if you need any help just ask!(We have 1 6 ft long tank and 25 gallon tank and something else!)

I have a really good aquarium shop here who is good for any problems, too. I pick goldfish because they don't require a heater, and because they are hardy. If I were much better with fish I would get a discus, or puffer fish, but I am sticking to the easy fishies :) Thanks for the offer though. And thanks for the complement on them. The pics don't do them justice. They are SO pretty and I very much enjoy them.

Rottieluver45
08-24-2002, 11:26 PM
We used to have 13 fish but Jack,one of the fish,commited suicide! (he jumped out while we were out of town!) and we had to (kill?) the other one,Norton. (he was VERY VERY sick) People say fish don`t have personalities,But Norton wasn`t scared,of anything he would attack the tube that we clean the tanks out of!!! And Jack was the shyest one ever!!! Before we left he had just started to come up to the top when it was feeding time! It`s really amazing what kind of fish you end up with!

Aspen and Misty
08-24-2002, 11:58 PM
We have an oscar fish. He knows who Abbey is and Knows where we keep him food. He also watches you and follows you around the room by swiming to one side or the other of teh tank. But boy as soon as you opn up the drawer where his food is he starts jumping ut of the water, you don't even have to have food, lol. And when abbey walks in the room he comes to the top of the water for a petting. Yes we pet our fish LOL, and he loves it! His name is guy, then there is Kitty the cat fish. She is so cute to! But is always hideing!

Your fish are pretty and if those pictures do not show how pretty they really are then WOW those fish must be the most so pretty! We want more pictures though!

Rottieluver45
08-25-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
We have an oscar fish. He knows who Abbey is and Knows where we keep him food. He also watches you and follows you around the room by swiming to one side or the other of teh tank. But boy as soon as you opn up the drawer where his food is he starts jumping ut of the water, you don't even have to have food, lol. And when abbey walks in the room he comes to the top of the water for a petting. Yes we pet our fish LOL, and he loves it! His name is guy, then there is Kitty the cat fish. She is so cute to! But is always hideing!

Your fish are pretty and if those pictures do not show how pretty they really are then WOW those fish must be the most so pretty! We want more pictures though!

4 of our fish are oscar fish!!Here are the names names:Oscar,George,Gracie,and snowballflake:D

Guy sounds Exactly like oscar! He is soooooooooooooooooooooo Friendly!! When it`s feeding time he will literally jump out of the tank! It scares my mom too much so she feeds him from the back. It`s really funny!And we have 2 catfish,Flea and Tick. But we don`t know which is which so we just call them what we want!:D

Aspen and Misty
08-25-2002, 04:04 AM
LOL. Guy is getting so big! He is in a 25 gallon tank and we are buying him a bigger one soon! Sounds like you must have a huge tank to own so many Oscars. We are hopefully going to be getting an albino oscar soon. When it grows bigger. Guy always trys to eat Kitty! So we built her a house out of rocks and you have to stick your hand in the cage to feed her. My sister tought Guy to jump out of the tank and grab the food between her fingers. He has never bittin her but laways gets the food.

Rottieluver45
08-25-2002, 10:51 AM
I think oscar is in a 25 Gallon tank. But He WON`T
Grow!!We`ve had him for about a year and he`s the same size!! George is almost a foot long now! He HUGE!! :D We have/had a albino oscar! They just dye them(they sick needles in them to do so,I didn`t know that.) Our albino is turning into an orangish color! He`s (snowballflake)isn`t quite a foot long yet. We keep three of the Oscars in the 6ft long tank!! OMG!!!! I forgot about Spot He`s another oscar!:D He`s in the big tank too!!!:D We have to keep Oscar and George in seperate tanks! (they are mean to the other fishies) We have two other fish but I forgot the name! They suck the Algea off the tanks and some other stuff! And we have a Green terror that WON`T GROW either!

Oscar just jumps out cause he know it`s feeding time! It think he`s happy! :D

Adoremydogs do you have any more pics of your fishies? I wanna see more of Splat!

AdoreMyDogs
08-25-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45

Adoremydogs do you have any more pics of your fishies? I wanna see more of Splat!

Here are a couple more pics of them:
Here's Splat
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p418f9acbc9891b56baea9f751b65468d/fd5b7938.jpg

And another of Splat:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pee1256b9962616bcbb31f416fc44d772/fd5b794a.jpg

And Shimmer:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pfc84e611dfbe1be1b87684c180837dda/fd5b7960.jpg

Rottieluver45
08-25-2002, 11:53 AM
Splat`s really pretty!! So is Shimmer! I like those rocks!! :D

lovemymaltese
08-26-2002, 02:49 PM
what a couple of beauties. Watches fishes swim around has always been so realxing for me, I have a betta named Roy.

lovemymaltese
08-26-2002, 03:08 PM
I forgot to mention, I love the names that you gave them! :)

AdoreMyDogs
08-26-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by lovemymaltese
I forgot to mention, I love the names that you gave them! :)

Thanks, I'll tell my husband, Dan :) I just love the names he comes up with so I give him the duty of naming :) He named my betta, Bubble Boy, which I thought was great. He sat down in front of the tank with a pad of paper and a pen and wrote three name sets, but Shimmer and Splat was both of our favorites. The second choice was Rembrandt (sp?) and Picacco.

I had my betta for about 5 months but he developed an incurable illness and I tried so hard to save him but my efforts were exhausted. He just kept getting worse and worse. I did daily water testing, he was treated for every kind of illness from fungus to bacterial, to an infection and he just got more and more ill. I had to do the horrible act of putting him to sleep, per say. I loved him alot. I sobbed hard when I lost him. I just wish he had of died on his own :( Killing him was so hard, but it was best because he was suffering.

It's silly to some, but I love animals and I am sensetive. All life to me is special, and Bubble Boy was just gorgeous and so friendly. :(

I just hope these goldfish will do better then Bubble Boy did. They are from good breeding, though. There is a real good goldfish breeder that takes alot of pride in their fish, and these guys seem really healthy. I am reallly trying not to get too attached though, because I sure did love Bubble Boy and losing him just broke my heart.