PDA

View Full Version : Big game hunting

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2008, 09:24 AM
So far Brody has brought in a bird, a mouse, a frog, a bat and at the weekend she managed to bring in a snail to play with.......dread to think what will be next!

kimlovescats
04-21-2008, 01:08 PM
YIKES! You need to be VERY careful with bats!!! :eek: I know someone who didn't realize there was a bat in her kitchen sink and had to undergo weeks of painful rabies shots! Her husband had to as well, even though they weren't sure either of them had been bit! They say that you can't always feel a bat bite!!!

Sorry to scare you but figured you want / need to know! :confused:

Now ... tell that nawtee kitty to be a bit more choosy in what she brings home! Maybe a nice boyfriend instead? :p

smokey the elder
04-21-2008, 02:08 PM
A former co-worker's cat got ahold of a bat! :eek:

catmandu
04-21-2008, 06:06 PM
MIQUELITO, MICHAEL , THE PRINCESS AND SRAPPY 2 ARE HINTERS AS IS THE TUBSTER PANTHER.
THE TUBSTER PANTHER WILL BRING IN THE ODD MOUSE AND THE OTHERS CATCH THE MICE THAT CAME UP ON THE PORCH.
IT SURE PUTS A DIFFERENT LIGHT ON OUR CUDDLY FURRY FRIENDS WHEN YOU SEE THEM AS PREDATORS , AS SAVAGE KILLERS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012159.jpg

momcat
04-21-2008, 07:27 PM
I guess we just can't take the hunter out of the cat! How considerate of Brody to share his catches with you. One time Groucho caught a mouse and proudly left it on Soncat's pillow.

Freedom
04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
So far Brody has brought in a bird, a mouse, a frog, a bat and at the weekend she managed to bring in a snail to play with.......dread to think what will be next!

Hmmm, :D let me see . . . I think the next things will be the large brewing pot and the witch's hat! Where all these things still ALIVE?? :eek: When I lived in my apartment, Sparkle caught a bird on the balcony, brought it in and released it. It FLEW! What a time trying to catch the poor bird to get it outside again!

Hate to say it, but you haven't had the baby snake yet .. . .

Emeraldgreen
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Last week my husband and I were sitting in the den discussing how we were going to deal with a mouse that was frequenting our kitchen late at night!! We were not in agreement on how to handle it. He wanted to get a pest guy in and I wanted to block off any possible openings the mouse could have been accessing. Just as we started to argue, Sneakers calmly walked into the den with 'the mouse' in her mouth! Problem solved. I felt badly for the mouse though but at least it was quick! We promptly put the 'body' in the woods. :(
Sounds like your Brody is quite the hunter!!! He must be bringing all these treasures in just for you to thank you for giving him such a good home. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-22-2008, 05:27 AM
YIKES! You need to be VERY careful with bats!!! :eek: I know someone who didn't realize there was a bat in her kitchen sink and had to undergo weeks of painful rabies shots! Her husband had to as well, even though they weren't sure either of them had been bit! They say that you can't always feel a bat bite!!!

Sorry to scare you but figured you want / need to know! :confused:

Now ... tell that nawtee kitty to be a bit more choosy in what she brings home! Maybe a nice boyfriend instead? :p

I figure we were okay as this bat didn't have a head thanks to her ladyship :eek:

kimlovescats
04-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I figure we were okay as this bat didn't have a head thanks to her ladyship :eek:

Uh, yea, I'd say that's a pretty good assumption! :eek: :p