PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this should be under cat games

sasvermont
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
For the past few days, the weather here has been simply delightful. I know we may still get another spring snow between now and May 31, 2008. People around here do not plant their personal gardens until Memorial Day, May 31, just for that reason.

I have been bad and have been allowing all three cats outside with me. If you know or remember my cats, you can pretty much predict their "outside behavior" traits:

1. Lucy is always by my side. She will take walks around the yard, but 9 times out of 10, she will come running when called.

2. Chloe will get up the courage to leave the front porch and walk on the grass, meowing the entire time and will land up on my lap or under a hand, still meowing. If a leaf blows by, she will run inside. She needs Juni, her buddy, to support her and of course, we all know where Juni is at this point.... GONE

3. Juni is my free spirit. I type today, with three bandaged fingers from trying to get her to go inside the house yesterday. She is Ms. Wiggleworm and can wiggle her way out of your arms in a split second. I had tried to grab her and she DID grab me with your two front claws. She manage to hit two veins, so there was blood everywhere.

Juni just bolts when she goes outside. She loves it. They all three have had flea treaments and wear breakaway collars, but Juni will not come back for hours at end. I followed her for a bit yesterday, and she managed to hit all of the barns in the back yards (3) along with going under the neighbors' houses....places where you know she is going to run in to a skunk or ugly creature.

Now that my fingers are sore, I will think twice about letting Juni outside. It is as though she has a suicide mission......and I was hoping that she would get it out of her system with a few visits outside. NOOOOOOO. I guess I could TRY to put a halter on her....RIGHT.....

Tomorrow, I promise to take my camera outside and get a few photos of at least Lucy.

By the way, Lucy had a quick office visit on Friday, as her right eye was closed.......caught it just in time. Didn't want that weekend emergency factor to kick in.... She had a bacterial infection and with a little ointment for a couple of days, it is all better. She is such a good girl, easy to medicate....comes in when she is called....NOT like SOME cats.... JUNI :rolleyes: (Juni is sitting on my shoulder right now, trying to get my attention.....MOM, let me out again! Oh, and PS, sorry about your fingers. ;)

catmandu
04-21-2008, 09:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012098.jpg
NOW SCRAPPY 2 AND HER CURLIE SHOULD BE UNDER CAT GAMES.
I KNOW WAHT YOU MEAN ABOUT YOUR CATS GOING OUT AND NOT WANTING TO COME BACK. THATS WHY I DONT ALLOW MY FOUND CATS OUT ANYMORE. I REMEMBER WHEN BO BO GOT OUT AND THERE SHE WAS EATING DINNER WITH FOUR BIG GERMAN SHEPHARDS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET.
SHES LUCKY THESE DOGS WERE GENTLE.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

kimlovescats
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
SAS, I was expecting a photo documentary at the end of your post! Sooooooooo, NOT FAIR! :rolleyes: Give that nawtee Juni a kiss for me, for some reason I always love the nawtee ones. Maybe it's because they are such suck-ups after the fact! :p

Barbara
04-22-2008, 03:13 AM
Oh Sallyanne, after having been part of another Get-Juni-out-from-under-the-porch operation last year I can feel your pain.
The only time Filou was outside he rather behaved like Chloe.
I hope anyway Juni enjoyed her outing- and yes, please send pictures :D