PDA

View Full Version : I can't handle the stress.

jenluckenbach
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Tuvok (Siamese) will not eat. And tonight it was even worse because I syringe fed him and he threw it up. :( :(

And BraveHeart would not even eat tonight. And he can't afford a night without food. :(

Needless to say, I am totally upset and frustrated. I am not sure I can handle much more. :( :(

Freedom
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh dear!!

What's with Tuvok? I didn't remember that he had health issues???

And Braveheart has been doing so well. Is it the arrival of Tuvok aka a strange kitty which has thrown him for a loop?

Sending some {{hugs}} your way, Jenn. Remember, you are more experienced than most and doing more for them than anyone has perhaps in their entire lives. I know it hurts when it seems that it is not enough; but no one else could do more or better.

Maybe put on some soothing music to calm all of you! I don't know what else to suggest.

jenluckenbach
04-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, let's ADD to the list.....Rutherford would not eat tonight either. And some (unknown) cat, threw up his whole dinner. :eek:

The only thing we know about Tuvok is that he is dehydrated and skinny as a rail. He only has a few teeth but the ones he has look good. Supposedly he ate some food during the hours he stayed at the vet's, but has not eaten much for me, so I have been forcing him.

BraveHeart HAS been doing well. And I understand things go good/bad, but he can't afford to have a bad day.

I really don't think Tuvok has affected BraveHeart (or anyone for that matter). He fits in here like he is invisible. Maybe HE is depressed?? Some cats do mourn the loss of a home or a person. Maybe he wants to go home, but we just don't know where that is?

SIGH! :(

Catty1
04-19-2008, 10:49 PM
oh JEN - hugs, hugs and more hugs...

You have been through the mill - a long road upward with Braveheart, Rutherford's surgery with major scar, and poor Tuvok...hon, I'd have been throwing plates before now if I was in your shoes!

JMO - you need an hour of Jen time...either with Charlie, or have him drop you off at a serene spot and pick you up an hour later.

PT Prayers for YOU! ;)

kimlovescats
04-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Jen, we can all only do so much before feeling stressed and you of all people deserve some relief! Hang in there, girl! ;)

Catty1
04-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Tuvok could be depressed...

I hope you can get a break - somewhere outside your house, even for an hour, somewhere totally different. You have to recharge, hon.

Tuvok might well need some total love immersion, and you can't give that if you are burned out. Maybe he was around males more? Might he eat for Charlie? (Is the vet he was staying with male? Sometimes it is the littlest things).

Maybe he is picking up on your stress - this is NOT YOUR FAULT...I think Charlie should kidnap you and haul the both of you off to Dairy Queen - and eat your banana splits outdoors.

{{{{hugs}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
04-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You're doing everything you can possibly do. You do need some time to yourself to relax and regroup. I hope that you'll be able to get a good nights sleep and that things will be better tomorrow. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
04-20-2008, 07:47 AM
You know my philosophy: people first. When you're so stressed, you can't do anyone else much good, so take some much needed time for yourself. An hour away isn't going to hurt anything but it can make the difference in your state of mind, which can help to improve how you handle things. If you can take even longer, I highly recommend it. You'll come back refreshed and able to face things more readily. Hang in there, Jen. We all have our days when we just don't feel much like eating. Maybe that's the case w/your furkids. At any rate, some time away from the situation can help. :)

jenluckenbach
04-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Tuvok looks BAD :( Threw up this morning even though there was nothing in his tummy. I am afraid to syringe feed him. Looks like it's vet day tomorrow.

Medusa
04-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Tuvok looks BAD :( Threw up this morning even though there was nothing in his tummy. I am afraid to syringe feed him. Looks like it's vet day tomorrow.
Oh boy. :( Well, maybe it's best not to put anything in his stomach then, poor boy. I'm anxious to hear what the vet has to say. We'll be praying for everyone, Jen.

catmandu
04-20-2008, 08:13 AM
I Think That Has To Be So Frustrating When You Want Your Cats To Eat And Be Well, And To Do Whats Best For Them. It Is Scary When They Wont Eat, I Was So Sad When Precious Stopped Taking Anything And Wasted Away.
We Are Praying For Rutherford, Tuovak And Braveheart That They Can Find Something That They Will Eat, And Regain Thier Health.

jenluckenbach
04-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Rutherford did not eat this morning, either. And he feels bloated. :confused:

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Catty1
04-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Maybe the after effects of anesthetic has made Rutherford constipated? Or the pain meds did?

Hopefully your vet will okay a bit of olive oil or etc.

Tuvok...maybe some of that Pepcid stuff that BraveHeart took for his tummy?

And when is your 1 - 2 (or more) hour break and what have you planned? ;) (young lady) ;) :)

{{{{hugs}}}}

kb2yjx
04-20-2008, 11:34 AM
O, Jen!!! I know how you are feeling!!!! It is not easy to deal with ill cats. Sometimes I think the harder we try to help them, the harder they resist our care!! I recall "force feeding" Boo and Ralph. Then, just like you experienced, they threw up!!! It is so frustrating!!! YOU HANG IN THERE!!!! We are all praying and rooting for the cats and YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! MEGA HUGS!!!! Sandra

jenluckenbach
04-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Tuvok is at the emergency vet. :( And its going to cost me some $800. :eek: (yes, ME, not one by one :( )

I think I might start a new thread.......

momcat
04-20-2008, 03:05 PM
We're all on your side Jen. You do so much for so many kitties in need. Your stress level right now is understandable. Please, take some down time away from home and a very difficult situation. You not only deserve a break, you need it :)

Medusa
04-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh no! I'm sorry, Jen. We'll say an extra prayer for Tuvok and you.

phesina
04-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh, Jen... I am so sorry.. you have really been hit big-time over and over lately.

My kitties and I are all praying and meditating and chanting and sending good healing vibrations to your kitty family and YOU.

I will be glad to chip in to help with the vet bills, too.

I join the chorus urging you to take a bit of time off JUST FOR YOU. Please get a bit of rest and peace of mind. You have done so very much for so very many cats, especially these three.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel

cassiesmom
04-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh no! I'm sorry, Jen. We'll say an extra prayer for Tuvok and you.
Same here