PDA

View Full Version : pictures

toughCookie
08-24-2002, 06:12 PM
I posted alot of pictures recently, I was thinking how much I love to see other's pictures of their cats (and other pets of course)
so I started this thread for whenever someone has new pics to share....how is that?
maybe once a week, (or month?) we could exchange pics?:)
well just a thought...:)

popcornbird
08-25-2002, 12:15 AM
The virus is on this thread too now! And it wasn't before you posted kohala! I think you may have a virus on your computer that is transferring to every thread you post on. Please try to fix the problem so no Pet Talkers get it on their computer!

toughCookie
08-25-2002, 02:16 AM
<<<<%#!*%*!...blankety blankety blank!>>>>

is it possible to get viruses on computers this way??:eek: :confused: :mad:

popcornbird
08-25-2002, 02:52 AM
See, now kohala got rid of her post, and the virus thingy is gone! Oh dear, I think kohala may need to format her hard drive. :(

popcornbird
08-25-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by toughCookie
<<<<%#!*%*!...blankety blankety blank!>>>>

is it possible to get viruses on computers this way??:eek: :confused: :mad:

If you accept the download file, I believe it is possible to get the virus. So if any of you notice a pop up download window on any of the threads, DO NOT ACCEPT. I hope kohala will get her computer fixed soon!

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2002, 03:27 AM
Here are a few new pics of my babies. Here's Storm in the new kitty condo. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pa4d314aec168136dda92ac8ddf7bed4f/fd5c12dd.jpg

Here's Pepper sitting beside the kitty condo. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p33dd196f582e408e71a10eaede1658d9/fd5c12ea.jpg

Here's another one of Storm in one of his many beds. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pc06046190cba8766afb3ff9c49f23bcd/fd5c12ee.jpg

Here's one of lazy Pepper. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pd7fca38bbbd821d57b77054c3db6be28/fd5c12f0.jpg

Here are a couple of Sunny that you may or may not of seen before. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p8003ed2c8aa222cad9efec76dc39ec89/fd652c2e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pf5a7058fcf7bb3d96e8b30637f5026b2/fd652da9.jpg

Karen
08-25-2002, 08:36 AM
I did not see the "virus" and I do not believe that you can unwittingly post a virus on a bulletin board. Viruses tend to send themselves to people through email attachments, not bulletin board pictures!

And I got an email from Kohala, no virus attachments there ...

tatsxxx11
08-25-2002, 09:09 AM
I clicked on a picture attachment somewhere on PT the other day and that is exactlly what did happen! My Norton Anti Virus kicked in and would not allow it to be opened and put it in quarrantine. Can't remember whose it was though!

kohala
08-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

If you accept the download file, I believe it is possible to get the virus. So if any of you notice a pop up download window on any of the threads, DO NOT ACCEPT. I hope kohala will get her computer fixed soon!

No viruses sent this way - none on my computer - and I have a brand new hard drive, Bird, that is not infected at all.
Just me trying to post oversize pics, which won't display -That I will work on so I can share Miss Furface -
This is an email I sent Karen with her reply:

" I have scanned the heck out of my computer - no viruses. This is soo embarrassing! I deleted my thread and my post on the above thread - I don't understand what's going on with my posts affecting Popcormbird - is everyone having this problem with my posts?"

Reply:
I did not see the "virus" and I do not believe that you can unwittingly post a virus on a bulletin board. Viruses tend to send themselves to people through email attachments, not bulletin board pictures!

And I got an email from you, no virus attachments there ...

Karen

popcornbird
08-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by kohala

No viruses sent this way - none on my computer - and I have a brand new hard drive, Bird, that is not infected at all.
Just me trying to post oversize pics, which won't display -That I will work on so I can share Miss Furface -
This is an email I sent Karen with her reply:

" I have scanned the heck out of my computer - no viruses. This is soo embarrassing! I deleted my thread and my post on the above thread - I don't understand what's going on with my posts affecting Popcormbird - is everyone having this problem with my posts?"

Reply:

And I got an email from you, no virus attachments there ...

Karen

Sorry kohala.

I guess your picture was too big so the computer wanted us to download it. I was afraid it might be a virus because it happened to me on another website before and I accidently clicked on accept. It turned out to be a terrible virus and my whole computer crashed. My borther formatted the hard drive for me but it was never the same. I ended up getting a new computer and I didn't want the same thing to happen to my new computer! Its not happening anymore though, so I guess your computer is fine. Thank God. :D

koxka
08-25-2002, 05:02 PM
Ok,here are pics of two of my furkids.

and here is Paloo checking his new surrondings on vacations this summer.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pde00572359ad9e3dbe120a7c0b484c29/fd5b1d4e.jpg

Here is Iuri taking a rest...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p96ed76cc5ce45329c178d39efff20029/fd5b1cc6.jpg

Miss Meow
08-25-2002, 05:55 PM
I took some on the weekend of Mini and Jasmine's first outing into the front garden/driveway. Will edit them and hopefully post tonight or tomorrow :)

kohala
08-25-2002, 07:15 PM

Sorry kohala.

I guess your picture was too big so the computer wanted us to download it. I was afraid it might be a virus because it happened to me on another website before and I accidently clicked on accept. It turned out to be a terrible virus and my whole computer crashed. My borther formatted the hard drive for me but it was never the same. I ended up getting a new computer and I didn't want the same thing to happen to my new computer! Its not happening anymore though, so I guess your computer is fine. Thank God. :D
No problem, sweetie!
I know how you feel - my hard drive DID crash a few weeks ago and I definitley share your concerns!!
Now to learn how to get some pics here!

koxka
08-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
I clicked on a picture attachment somewhere on PT the other day and that is exactlly what did happen! My Norton Anti Virus kicked in and would not allow it to be opened and put it in quarrantine. Can't remember whose it was though!

The same happened to me this evening on this tread twice.The Norton Anti virus (Fire Wall) warned me and bloqued it for 30m.I shut down the computer and when reopen it later...again... the same stuff.!
But it's not the firts time that happend to me.

The firts was TPC 80.32.242.184 : ?
and the second 80.32.242.194 : 1375

My is a ADSL acount, what's yours? Maybe is easier to attack ADSL acounts as they have permanent adresses intead the others ones than have random adresses from the server?

Might ask you if you could copy the remote adress where from you have been attacked (Fire Wall gives that information) in order to se if we can do something against it?

Koxka

Chinadoll
08-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Everyone has such beautiful kitties!! Here are some new ones of Scout, Gigi, & Bixby from this past weekend. Most are of them sleeping...that's because it was too hot in the apartment to do much else. Something broke on the AC unit so it was about 85 to 95 degrees in the apartment Thursday night until they got it fixed Friday evening. I'm just lucky it broke on a Thursday and not a Friday so I wouldn't have had to wait all weekend for them to send someone out. The other pic I think is hysterical is of Bix watching TV. He sat there for a good minute just fascinated...anyone else's kitties watch TV?
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/0B/6B/12343819-e22e-02340235-.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2002, 11:10 PM
Tiff, your babies are so cute. Yes my cats Storm and Sunny will watch t.v. They love the animal planet channel. My other cat Pepper could care less. :)

kohala
08-26-2002, 12:00 AM
I think I got the right size

kohala
08-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Her favorite spot with her buddy, WilE

popcornbird
08-26-2002, 01:38 AM
Her favorite spot with her buddy, WilE

Ok, you got it, so now please tell me how to shrink the size! :D I need to make mine smaller so I can post it as an attachment.

kohala
08-26-2002, 04:58 PM
I resized my scan - to give less than 60KB - there has to be an easier way to resize a pic rather than redo, especially those composite ones I like to do so much - but I haven't figured it out yet!

popcornbird
08-26-2002, 05:47 PM
I resized my scan - to give less than 60KB - there has to be an easier way to resize a pic rather than redo, especially those composite ones I like to do so much - but I haven't figured it out yet!

But mine aren't scanned! They are from our digital camera and transfer straight on to the computer.

NoahsMommy
08-26-2002, 06:40 PM
Ok, you got it, so now please tell me how to shrink the size! :D I need to make mine smaller so I can post it as an attachment.

You need to have (or download) a photo editor program. Some people here use Photo Shop, Microsoft Photo Editor, etc. I downloaded one at home...do you want the name of it?

Miss Meow
08-26-2002, 06:59 PM
They are all beautiful pics. I'm so in love with Gigi, what a stunning baby :)

Mini and Jasmine had their first outing into the front yard on Sunday. We were tidying the front garden and let them out for a wander. We live at the back of a townhouse complex so no cars or trees or other nasties.

Oh hello, none of this has our scent on it!

Miss Meow
08-26-2002, 07:00 PM
Oooh, do you think there's bugs in that foliage there?

Miss Meow
08-26-2002, 07:01 PM
Was it Jackson Brown who sang, "Oooh babe, steppin' out" ?

Miss Meow
08-26-2002, 07:03 PM
I'm the slinky king o'the jungle!

PS: what is the baggy skin between a cat's back legs called? You can see Mini's clearly in this pic. I just call it his picnic pack but I don't know if it has a formal name.

Miss Meow
08-26-2002, 07:04 PM
OK, I'm out, don't think you're getting me back into that walled prison!

Vermontcat
08-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Chinadoll, I would love to see that photo of Bixby watching TV blown up to full size. It reminds me of the RCA dog listening to the old phonograph.
Kohala, Grasshopper is such a pretty girl!
Miss Meow, I know I've told you this before but I love your cats!
They are so cute sniffing the flowers together, and I also like the one of Mini stepping out and the last one of Jasmine-her color looks so yummy like chocolate!:)

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Those are great pics Nicole. Minni and Jasmine sure like being outside. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

kohala
08-27-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

You need to have (or download) a photo editor program. Some people here use Photo Shop, Microsoft Photo Editor, etc. I downloaded one at home...do you want the name of it?
YES!! I have Microsoft Works yadayada with PictureIt Publishing, which has the lovely habit of causing some kind of error all the time. I mean, it works, but it's a pian. And a pain. Any valid PhotoEditors you can recommend would be welcome. I do have another program installed that I haven't learned how to use yet -hmmm, just checked - maybe it isn't. Oh, sigh, a novice forever.
Anyway, would love a new one to try - especially one that's been tested here!!!
Love you guys!!
So glad I'm not infectious!!
:D
Oh, I attached the Hoppmeister getting ready for Hallowe'en - you can see why I need a Photo Editor - BTW - We all know how to get rid of redeye, but what about green- or yellow- or EEEK!- eye that our pets tend to have? (Cats, anyway!) Suggestions? I tried to fix it myself with PIP, and she really looked comical. I'll post that next fur a laff.

toughCookie
08-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Charlie

(he's not suposed to be on the table, but what can you do??):D :D

by the way thats fake fruit:)

toughCookie
08-30-2002, 02:33 AM
MISS MEOW

great pics!

Former User
08-30-2002, 02:38 AM
Awww, nawtee Charlie! But he's way too cute, I wouldn't dare to make him get down! I'd do what you did, get the camera instead ;) Great and CUTE pic Mary!