PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying breed..

Latitude11
01-11-2002, 11:03 PM
Well, I went to the Humane Society today to pick up my cat Brooklyn, after he got neutered. Silly me, thought I'd walk around and look at the little monsters beforehand, and I ended up falling in love with a puppy. :rolleyes: He was in a caged area that is for animals not yet up for adoption, left by their owners. He is still undergoing medical and personality evaluation. The people at the desk could only tell me that he is listed as a poodle mix (??) and that they are not sure if he is going up for adoption because he might have a medical issue, and if that's the case he'll go to rescue. Also, his last owner gave him up because they had too many dogs. :( :(

I'm not sure if he's a poodle, he seems to be more Bichon, being with the dark nose and inset eyes, and he doesn't have a pointy muzzle like a poodle.

He's so so sweet and precious, he didn't bark or whine when I walked by, he set his paws on the fence and wagged his precious tail, smiling at me. Sweet sweet little monster..

What do you guys think.. does he look like a poodle?

http://www.latitude11.com/pimages/journal011102/1.jpg

http://www.latitude11.com/pimages/journal011102/2.jpg

Angels3
01-12-2002, 02:10 AM
Oh, he looks like an angel to me!
Seriously...I agree with you about his looking more like a Bichon...but there's something that reminds me of a poodle, too...but I'm not sure what. Body shape from side-on?
I'm no expert, though.
I would have fallen in love with him, too. :)
Marie

delidog
01-12-2002, 06:27 AM
oh definate poodle!!! i'd say over 80%....not sure where that adorable tail comes from though!!! but still 100% angel!!!!good luck on adopting your new furkid!!! hope it works out for you both!!!the deli dog :) ;) :D

Pam
01-12-2002, 06:29 AM
I'm in love! It's hard to tell from that far away but I do think I see some poodle in that little sweetie! How precious he is! I do hope you are able to adopt him! I am getting pangs for him myself but fortunately I live too far away! I hope his medical problems are just little ones that can be easily overcome. Please do keep us posted!

auggie
01-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Looks like a Poodle or Bichon mixed with a little American Eskimo. He is adorable. Are you going to adopt him?

slleipnir
01-12-2002, 08:27 AM
You said he's a poodle mix, so maybe he or she (sry?) is Poodle/Bichon. He's so adorable :D

RachelJ
01-12-2002, 05:52 PM
With the tail held the way it is and the length of the legs, I'm thinking toy poodle.

SimbaTWonderDog
01-12-2002, 09:33 PM
He/She? could maybe be part maltese?

Latitude11
01-12-2002, 10:15 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.. he is a beautiful dog .. unfortuantly the Humane Society wouldn't adopt him out, he went to the poodle rescue for behaviour problems... :(

ShepherdLover
01-16-2002, 11:12 AM
Yes, bichon or poodle with that curly hair. And about him going to poodle rescue, you can adopt him out there, too, if you want, right?

Hbrika
01-18-2002, 02:21 PM
I think he wants out :D

Good for you for adopting him, play with him lots :D

It looks like he won't have a problem with that

Oh yeah I think he is a poodle :D

i love danes
01-19-2002, 07:32 PM
It is 2 cute! It sorta looks like a poodle/lapsa apsa
:)

doggielover02
02-12-2002, 07:12 PM
Well i would have to say that it is Poodle/mixed with somthing. Well i wish you good luck tring to find it out!!!~~GOOD LUCK~~
Leanncutie.rtx :) ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
02-13-2002, 09:47 AM
He is adorable, what a cutie, could he be a "schnoodle"? A schnauzer/poodle mix? Hope it all works out for him and you.
Jackie

TheAntiPam
02-13-2002, 06:43 PM
Any word on this little cutie? My guess is poodle mixed with ??? because his tail looks too long and fluffy for pure poodle.

Either way, he sure deserves a loving forever home - hopefully with YOU!

AmberLee
02-13-2002, 07:20 PM
Latitude11,

I hadn't noticed you were back posting!!! So good to hear from you.

I have no opinion on the dog's breed, but it does look like a sweetie. (What a lotta help I am, eh?) Have you heard from the Rescue group -- can you adopt him (her??) from them?

Any update since your last post?

irishwolfhoundlover25
02-22-2002, 10:11 AM
BOLOGNESE! The Bolognese is said to be the Bichon of Italy. It is similar to the Bichon Frise,Coton de Tulear and the Havanese. At least thats what it says in my Dogs Annual 2002. For height and weight it says in my Dogs Annual this: At 5.5-9 lb. (3.5-4 kg.), the Bolognese is solid for its size of 10-12 in. (25-31 cm.)
From the picture that you have posted it looks like a Bolognese or a Bolognese mix. Research some more on the breed if you like. I hope I have been of some help! :cool: