PDA

View Full Version : Do I call law enforcement?

RICHARD
04-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I like making things for the places I have lived.

Currently I only have a desk and my TV hutch and computer desk that I wrangled from my family....everything else is hand made.

My best work was making curtains for an eight by six foot picture window in a rental home I stayed at.

I didn't have any money after paying first and last month's rent, so I took three bed sheets, Two twins and a king sized flat sheet. I strung some nylon rope across and I had curtains.

When I moved again I took my "curtains" with me and reused them- a little iron on fabric tape and instant hem for the new house.

I looked up last night and saw that someone tore the edge that the curtain rod slips thru.... :mad:

This puzzles me. The cat has NEVER done that to any of the window trimmin'
so now I am worried about intruders or burglars!

What should I do?

Cinder & Smoke
04-19-2008, 12:33 AM
I looked up last night and saw that someone tore the edge that the curtain rod slips thru.... :mad:

What should I do?

Blame da KAT ~ always worked for me. :p (Boots da Kat had broad shoulders! ;) )

Ed prolly had some of his Rowdy Friends over for a Nip Partee -
and someone decided to Climb the Mountain ...
"Snow covered" windows can fool ya!

:D

moosmom
04-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Rule number one in my house is...

BLAME THE FURRY FOUR-LEGGED KIDS!!!

Afterall, they don't work, they don't do laundry or vacuum. Let 'em earn their keep.

RICHARD,

Curtains out of bed sheets? Wow, I never knew you were so resourceful.

RICHARD
04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Rule number one in my house is...

BLAME THE FURRY FOUR-LEGGED KIDS!!!

Afterall, they don't work, they don't do laundry or vacuum. Let 'em earn their keep.

RICHARD,

Curtains out of bed sheets? Wow, I never knew you were so resourceful.

Or poor?

This was before that Martha Stewart gal's time.

I used white twin and tan king sheets. The white ones were hung on each side, I could use those to let the light in. The tan job I pulled across the whole window at night, so I had some privacy!

catmandu
04-19-2008, 04:19 PM
WHEN SOMETHINGS ACCIDENTALLY GETS DAMAGED HERE RICHARD OR I HAVE TO WALK THROUGH THE SAHARA DESERT TO GET TO THE LITTER BOXES , I JUST CHALK IT UP TO THE PRICE OF HAVING SEVERAL CATS.
THE SAME AS WHEN A TACO FALLS TO THE GROUND OR A FOOD THAT WAS LOVED YESTERDAY IS DETESTED TODAY.
CATS ARE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p :cool: :cool: :D

AbbyMom
04-19-2008, 05:11 PM
May I suggest an alternative theory?

Just perhaps...just perhaps...Edster has joined the interior decoration fashion police and you HAVE JUST BEEN GIVEN A WARNING!

:-)

So, in answer to your question "What should I do?" what do you suppose the fashion police would say?

:-)

moosmom
04-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Very clever!!

Hellow
04-20-2008, 01:23 AM
The first thing i would do is get new curtains :D.

kimlovescats
04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
First of all, I love that you made your own curtains and YES linens are well-known for making great curtains! They can also be used for the outer shower curtains ... not the liner of course! ;)

Next, I would suggest using some of that hemming tape for the torn corner... if it is simply ripped at the seam.

Lastly, I think that you have missed one very likely possiblity of "how" the curtains were torn! It could very well have been that a burglar was trying to enter your home and the curtain was torn while Edster was leaping out of nowhere to scare the thief away! So, in fact, Eddie may just have saved your life!!! :eek:

RICHARD
04-21-2008, 01:28 AM
So, in fact, Eddie may just have saved your
life!!! :eek:

And now he's trying to kill me with his waterdish! :confused: