PDA

View Full Version : Dadcat made me an indoor...

kuhio98
04-18-2008, 10:54 PM
balance beam! (He calls it a mantle, but I don't know what that means).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/April015.jpg

He made it with his very own hands! Just for me (I'm sure).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/April011.jpg

I let him put the whale bone carving he made on my balance beam. Wasn't that nice of me? :D

Dadcat put some other things on my balance beam so that I can practice my obstacle course.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/April012.jpg

I go over the chiming thing.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/April013.jpg

Then under the spirit mask. It's made of whale bone, caribou antler, feathers and soapstone.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/April014.jpg

Ta da! I've made it to the other end of the balance beam!

Thanks Dadcat!

Love, Pepper

Emeraldgreen
04-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Pepper, that is a very beautiful mantle that your dadcat made specially for you! The delicate way you navigate around the unique pieces of art is so balanced and precise!
In our house, that nice beam would be called a 'dis-mantle' by the time our cats were done with it! :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-18-2008, 11:24 PM
:D
Kewell!! :)

Boots da Kat (RIP :( ) used to really enjoy his "Balance Beam" too!
Boots was a lil "wider" Kat - and his Beam was a lil wider too ...
But as a puppy-Kitten, he did his darndest to keep the clutter OFF his" Beam!
:mad:

He'd frequently *sweep the mantle* at Oh:dark:Thirty in the morning :eek: -
sending anything he could move over the edge to the hearth below!

Center Piece on the mantle was always a rather large wooden Fire Truck Hook 'n Ladder carving ...
After giving up on trying to *drive* it off the mantle, Dumm-Kat used to try to CLIMB UP
the ladder which I kept raised up onto the wall. I'd hear the *S*C*R*A*P*E*
of the ladder on the wall as the overweight "Fire Kat" discovered (middle of the night)
that the ladder wouldn't support him! :rolleyes: He never quit trying it.

The silk flowers in the Fire Nozzle had to be double-sticky taped to his Beam -
WAY too easy for him to knock off!
--------------------------------------

Mind the lil Kitty holding down the TV when you *mount* & *dismount* your Beam, Pepper!

:D

RICHARD
04-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the reminder....

The CATOPLYMPICS begin on 080808!!!!! :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2008, 01:03 AM
How nice of Dadcat to make you your very own balance beam. It looks like you're pretty good at it already Pepper.:)

Freedom
04-19-2008, 07:39 AM
In our house, that nice beam would be called a 'dis-mantle' by the time our cats were done with it! :)

Hi Pepper! You sure are one spoiled kitty, having your very own balance beam! My goodness, the leap UP is something, you must be a younger kitty to make that.

Around here, everything would get knocked off, rather than climbed over. :rolleyes:

Are you thinking of coming down on the TV? Or resting on that light under the picture? Please don't!

Kuhio98, I LOVE the plate with the lupines! I have some pottery pieces which look similar, made in Maine. I have: 2 flower pots w/ saucers, a pie plate and two lamps. The lamps and flower pots I special ordered. Very nice!

MoonandBean
04-19-2008, 09:13 AM
So cute and funny! My Bean used the balance beam in the unfinished part of the basement to get into the drop ceiling in the finished room until we figured out how to block it off (took 3 tries; he kept finding other balance beams :) :). ) It was hard to watch TV with him playing hockey up there with the bottle caps he'd bring up there with him.

So glad Pepper's Dad made him his very own balance beam that was "on limits" and that Pepper handles it so well! I give Pepper a 10 for that routine!

catmandu
04-19-2008, 09:40 AM
That Would Be Great For The Found Cats For Exercise Although It Would Make Me A Bit Nervous If There Were Breakable Things Sitting There.
I Should Look Up That Cat House Book To Create Exercise Ramps.
Thank You Peppers Cat Dad For The Idea.

moosmom
04-19-2008, 09:41 AM
"10"

For coordination, balance and technique!!

What a cool mantle!!!

ramanth
04-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Another 10 for not knocking anything off the balance beam. ;) :D

LOL!

kimlovescats
04-19-2008, 11:17 PM
That is one gorgeous balance beam and you did an excellent job with the new obstacle course! :)

kuhio98
04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the reminder....

The CATOPLYMPICS begin on 080808!!!!! :cool:Yeah! I'm hoping to be a medal contender this year. I've been practicing every day. I'm very dedicated! :D

Pepper

momcat
04-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi Pepper! How lucky you are to have your very own balance beam. With the Catolympics right around the corner it's definitely an advantage to be able to train without having to share the equipment. I'll be cheering for you as you go for the gold! Sending you lots of scritchies and lovies, sweetie!

cassiesmom
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Yay, Pepper! Perfect 10!