PDA

View Full Version : To top it off....

K9karen
04-17-2008, 09:10 PM
If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all... :rolleyes:

My poor car was smashed in the back at a red light by a truck who hit the guy in front of him. My back windiw is all over the street now and my trunk is bent. *Sigh*. Off to the collision folks tomorrow for an estimate. It's only metal and glass. Thank GOD nobody was hurt. The guy behind me happens to live 2 blocks from me! They were more concerned when they saw my crutch, but luckily, so far, as of right now, no brusies. When it rains it pours. I swear I'm gonna treat myself to a deserted island after everything is over!!! :p

Freedom
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I swear I'm gonna treat myself to a deserted island after everything is over!!! :p

Sounds good, can I join you?

I'm so sorry to hear about the truck; and SO relieved that you are OK!

Karen
04-17-2008, 10:42 PM
If you are allowed aspirin, take one tonight before you go to bed, it is supposed to keep you from being sore in the morning. Sorry this happened, glad you are okay!

Kfamr
04-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Whew! Glad you are okay. When it's all over, come to Florida - The Muttlies and I will treat you to a boat ride out to one of "our" islands. ;)

K9karen
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Sounds good, can I join you?

Eh, NO! :p

Only Princezz Logan can come..no hoomans xcept a hunky cabana boy with trays of refreshing cocktails! :D

Freedom
04-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Eh, NO! :p

Pfffft!! :p

OK, well then MY island is gonna be SUNNIER than YOUR island, and MY cabana boy is gonna be a cuter HUNK than YOUR cabana boy and I'm gonna allow MORE pets (seeing as how I have 14 of 'em!). :D :D :D :D :D

Hope you aren't sore this morning, the day after the crash. Good luck with the estimate, hope you get a loaner car while they work on yours. Being 'down' one vehicle will just add to your frustration and sounds like you have more than enough of THAT right now. Best wishes!

moosmom
04-18-2008, 08:41 AM
I swear I'm gonna treat myself to a deserted island after everything is over!!!

You certainly deserve it!!

Can I come??? :D I'll be good, I promise. :D

You poor woman! It's always something. How's the hand?? I'll try and call you later.

pitc9
04-18-2008, 09:33 AM
OMG... Karen.

I'm so sorry!

I hope you make it a double! What ever you order!! :p

Medusa
04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Goodness, well at least you weren't hurt. These events can be life chippers if we let them. Try to take it in stride. (I know, easy for me to say, right?)

K9karen
04-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Uppity Date...

Got a car rental..Corolla...

Spent ALL day almost with their insurance agents. Even had to recharge my cell! I pay for nada...good news at last. Trying to get an SUV so Klo can go to the dog park but they said no. They inconvenienced ME so I just may get one and threathen to sue. I'm so good at it now. :o I know, I'm awful, but I'm tired of being taken advantage of.Besides it's only a few bucks more than "quoted" but that's not the point.

The guy who hit me, apparently, is now "hurting". Not my problem of course, but possible. It was a pretty serious kaboom, with F150's.

Thanks for your concerns, and the answer is still NOOOOOOO, pets only on my desserted island and I'll handpick my cabana boys, trust me.....

RobiLee
04-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh, I'm just now seeing this and I'm so sorry. Geesh, just what else can happen? Uh oh, lets not even ask that question. I'm just glad that you are ok.

The deserted island with only pets and a cabana boy sounds like heaven to me too. I think I'm going to have to run away and do the same thing ;)

Catty1
04-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow....I hope you can get even a large hatchback kind of thing...or that Toyota car that starts with an "M"...can't recall, but back is big enough for a doggy, I think!

I hope you feel better soon! And that you get your settlement on that dog injury!

{{{{hugs}}}}

Daisy and Delilah
04-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Good Grief, Karen!! If it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all. You've had your share of misfortune--now it's somebody elses turn. Take care. {{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}

Freedom
04-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Uppity Date...

Got a car rental..Corolla...

Trying to get an SUV so Klo can go to the dog park but they said no.

She can't ride in the back seat? Oh, maybe you use a crate for transporting; I use the doggie harness / seat belt for mine. Klo is a bit larger, so may not be an option. It's a RENTAL don't worry about getting dog hair on da seat! Just a thought.

KYS
04-19-2008, 04:05 PM
I was worried you would be sore the next day.
Sorry about your car but so glad you are ok.

lizbud
04-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Karen, have you checked for the "little black cloud" that's been following
you? I think it's high time it left. :D Sorry about the wreck & I'm glad you
are okay. The last guy in the collision has to pay for the whole thing, at
least in my state, so why can't you get the rental you want, right?Geeze.

Rachel
04-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey sweetie, you know that I'm so thankful that you weren't hurt, but how aggravating that you have to deal with all that goes with this. An inconvenience to say the least. Good thing KLo wasn't with you. I've heard that an unrestrained dog could go flying through the windshield with even a low speed crash and fly into you in the process. I think there was an angel on duty.

ramanth
04-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Karen, I'm so sorry this happened. :( Poor thing. Glad you're not hurt. I have a Pontiac Vibe and it's great for transporting the dogs. The Toyota Matrix is pretty much the same car.

K9karen
04-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Karen, have you checked for the "little black cloud" that's been following
you? I think it's high time it left. :D Sorry about the wreck & I'm glad you
are okay. The last guy in the collision has to pay for the whole thing, at
least in my state, so why can't you get the rental you want, right?Geeze.

Yup, here too, Liz. So there was a silver lining in that gawd-awful black cloud. I pay for nothing.

i was given my "own" adjuster from the guy's insurance company who could handle any rental problems etc. The wimp had to ask his boss if I could upgrade 'cause they'll only pay $23.95 a day. He was going to call me back. Never did. It was just principle on my part. Actually (shhh), I rather like the Corolla and after a minute of hesitation, Mz Princezz gingerly jumped on the floor, then hopped into the seat. She loved the back windows open. And yes, dirty feet from the Dog Park, lots of hair of course, and a widdle birdie even baptisted the car today! :D So I feel really good about the mess!!!