PDA

View Full Version : Urgent New Mom and Babies Just Arrived Tonight!

kimlovescats
04-17-2008, 12:36 AM
I picked this little mom and her 2 week old babies up tonight after 10 pm. The mom had been found underneath the crawl space of a home and the grate put back. Someone heard the kittens crying and got them out. This mom apparently had been locked underneath this house for a couple of days since someone had removed the grate and she apparently crawled inside. The whole story is unsure but this little momma and babies might have starved underneath this house! :(

Needless to say she is so grateful to be safe and loved. The woman who contacted me said that you could pet her but she did not like being picked up at all. I was a bit concerned that she might be a bit feral but I was willing to take her in.

Well, as soon as I reached into the box she and her babies were in, I gently petted her and picked her up. Gave her a little kiss and she began purring immediately. My hubby was there and he began talking softly to her and petting her as well. THis baby was so grateful and immediately started making happy feet / biscuits on my arm. I was nearly in tears and thanking God for such a blessing!

I quickly prepared her some wet food and she gobbled it down. She had 4 babies, all of which are males! (THAT'S wonderful!) ;)

Later, as I was taking the following pictures, she was again making happy feet in my hand. She fell asleep doing this. So, I decided then and there to name her Pattycake! :D

Please welcome Pattycake and her precious 2 week old little boys!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Pattycake/Sany0398.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Pattycake/Sany0412.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Pattycake/Sany0417.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Pattycake/Sany0416.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Pattycake/Sany0415.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how God's creatures truly do respond to our love and truly show their gratitude! Thank you to those of you who have already helped these babies and who have pledged to do so! These little moms and babies need us all!

Kim

EDITED TO ADD: One B&W, One GRAY & WHITE, One Gray Tabby, & One Tabby w/white

krazyaboutkatz
04-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Kim, I'm so glad that you were able to take this mama cat and her kittens in. They're adorable and now they'll receive the care that they need.:)

Fuzzybuns
04-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Aw, she's lucky, and grateful, she found her way to you!

Those two mini butts with the fat stubby tails in the fourth pic about did me in...and then I saw the white tips on those tiny ears! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet!!! Look at those cute short tails... :)
Nothing more sweet than a nursing cat!!

jenluckenbach
04-17-2008, 05:19 AM
OMG OMG!!! Sweetness overload!! I love them!!

ps. I "think" they look older than 2 weeks, just for reference. See how their ears are erect? (or almost erect)

You are an angel!

AbbyMom
04-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Adorable! Thank you for taking them in and giving them love as well as food and shelter. It hurts to think of them being trapped.

But now they'll grow up healthy and loving humans!

Anikaca77
04-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Thank you for helping out these babies

KittyCrazy
04-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Awwwwwww.....that is the best story I've heard in a long time. That is so wonderful of you to take her and her babies in and give them the home and care they deserve.

catmandu
04-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Thats So Wonderful Of You To Take That Momma Cat In, And Let Her Know Through Your Touch That Shes All Right Now, And That She And Her Babies Will Always Have A Place Where They Will Have Food Warmth Nad Love.
Those Kittens Are Big For Thier Age And Very Well Formed Which Means That One Day They Will Be Pretty Big Cats!!!!

jazzcat
04-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh Kim, aren't they cute!!!!!

You know I can't but if I could have one I'd take that gray and white boy looking up in the first picture. What a doll!!!!

You should start a PT "sponsor a baby" program - with a $$ donation you can name a baby. ;) You definitely have enough kittens for that and then we could watch "our" baby grow and get a good home.

Bless you Kim.

Catty1
04-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Ohhhhh..................wow....................how SWEET!

And what a LES story about her falling asleep while playing 'pattycake' in your hand. You can just tell how safe and relieved she feels - and loved!

Those babies are just TOO adorable! :)

Freedom
04-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Mom's milk must have been depleted if she couldn't get out to feed herself for a few days; no wonder someone heard the babies! My, they all look healthy and strong so it seems they were rescued in time for no major health impact.

So now you have Smokey and her kits, Pattycake (LOVE that story!) and her kits and the baby girl who was about to burst! Sounds like time to apply for a permit for a day care center lol! :D

kimlovescats
04-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Jen, I think they are closer to 3 weeks like Shadow's babies! They are a bit smaller but that's not surprising given their situation.

Thank you all for the nice comments and support! :)

lvpets2002
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
;) Oh WoW Kim you have been busy.. Thank You for getting PattyCake & babies.. Also too - of Shadow & Babies.. I will be sending you bunch of momies & babies stuff.. Just think two families of babies growing up together.. Oh I want to come for a visit..

sasvermont
04-17-2008, 02:43 PM
And kittens. Why oh why don't people have their animals spayed and neutered? I just don't get it. Oh well.

Kim, you and several others have single handedly saved hundreds and hundreds of pets. I give you all so much credit. I am responsible with my pets, but I don't think I could do what you folks do, hosting so many needy and sweet furry creatures, including D-O-G-S!

Bless your hearts...

XOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXXXXXOOOOOXXXX

Sas and her campers

moosmom
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
OMG!! How beautiful!!!! You can see in her eyes how greatful she is to be in a safe place with all her babies.

kimlovescats
04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
She has fur missing off her back and tail on the top side. It looks like it was scraped and pulled out probably from something sharp under that house. :( Thankfully it doesn't look red, sore or even scaly at this point! She's having some yucky poops .. no telling what that poor baby has been eating! :confused:

kimlovescats
04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
She has fur missing off her back and tail on the top side. It looks like it was scraped and pulled out probably from something sharp under that house. :( Thankfully it doesn't look red, sore or even scaly at this point! She's having some yucky poops .. no telling what that poor baby has been eating! :confused:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Pattycake/Sany0419.jpg

nancys
04-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm so glad you took them in. They are adorable!!! :)

pitc9
04-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Ouch, oh the poor thing!

OMG those babies are TOO cute!
Pattycake.... what a purrfect name for a sweetie like her!
Bless you!

phesina
04-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh my God... that scrape down her tail... What a blessing that she and her kids made their way to you when they did.

Thank you so much for taking them in, and God bless you all.

GILL
04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
BLESS YOU and the new kids.

momtomany
04-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh my, those babies are adorable and so blessed. Pattycake is a beautiful momma and I am enchanted by her. I so hope you can find her a wonderful furever home where she will be loved and cared for.

Vermontcat
04-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks Kim for taking in another sweet Mom cat and her kittens. :)
Pattycake looks so sweet and I love the name you gave her.
I hope her boo-boo heals quickly.
So, how many kittens do you have in your house now?
Is it 14 and another litter due soon?
I wish I lived close enough to you to stop by and visit with all the cute little kittens.

kimlovescats
04-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks Kim for taking in another sweet Mom cat and her kittens. :)
Pattycake looks so sweet and I love the name you gave her.
I hope her boo-boo heals quickly.
So, how many kittens do you have in your house now?
Is it 14 and another litter due soon?
I wish I lived close enough to you to stop by and visit with all the cute little kittens.

Yes, 14 and a litter one the way! :eek: I have promised a spot for one other mom and her 3 little ones that an elderly woman has been watching outside her house but haven't heard back from them. Supposed to know something tomorrow about whether they still need me to help. If I get those, then that will have to be "it" for now. It's hard to start turning them down. :( If this one decides they don't need me then I may take one more in. That would be 5 moms total. I'd really like to stop at 4 though. I just want to be sure I can get everything done in a timely manner for each mom and litter without being too overwhelmed. I'm sure once these moms are spayed and adopted, that there willl always be more that need help.

All of the moms got a dose of Strongid dewormer (safe for pregnant / nursing moms) today and will get 2 more doses each. I went by my vet's office and bought it today! Also, I treated Rosie for earmites tonight. Poor girl was going nuts with scratching and crying out in pain from them.

Reachoutrescue
04-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Kim.....you are a kitty angel!!! All those widdle babies!! I would be in heaven! Though I am sure you are, I know you must be a bit stressed. You are doing such a great thing for these ladies and their fatherless families!! Be careful though with PattyCakes "scrapes". When we rescued those 12 Olney, IL kittens in '07, they had ringworm one of them looked just like that. No red, no scales, no sores, just bald and crusty a bit like PattyCakes. Just want to give you heads up to keep an eye out. Good luck and I just can't wait to watch the kits grow....and the moms flurish!!! Great job Kim!! :)

kimlovescats
04-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Kim.....you are a kitty angel!!! All those widdle babies!! I would be in heaven! Though I am sure you are, I know you must be a bit stressed. You are doing such a great thing for these ladies and their fatherless families!! Be careful though with PattyCakes "scrapes". When we rescued those 12 Olney, IL kittens in '07, they had ringworm one of them looked just like that. No red, no scales, no sores, just bald and crusty a bit like PattyCakes. Just want to give you heads up to keep an eye out. Good luck and I just can't wait to watch the kits grow....and the moms flurish!!! Great job Kim!! :)

Yea, I've seen and had ringworm here before. :rolleyes: The way the hair is missing though just looks more like it was scraped off. I'm keeping an eye on it ... hoping for the best! :)