PDA

View Full Version : Terre Haute dog show! Daily updates!-back home!

lute
04-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Today we got here to Terre Haute for the dog show. Got our grooming area set up and checked into our hotel. Now for a nights sleep for day one of four of the dog show this weekend.

Our hopes for this weekend...Talon is going to be partaking in the sanction B match on Friday. Cross your fingers that he does well! I'll let you all know, with pics, how he does. Also, we only need four single pts to finish Morgan's Championship. If we have a PERFECT weekend we'll get one pt each day and finish him.

Ok, I'm off to bed. Got an early morning. GOODNIGHT! :D

lute
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Day one didn't start out good at all. Morgan was the biggest butt head ever! We stood beside a Basset Hound in season next to the ring and so he had YOU KNOW WHAT on the mind and just jumped around and acted a fool. Nearly tripping me once.

Tomorrow is another day and the B match so hopefully we will have good updates! AND PICS!

Freedom
04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Wishing you well for the rest of the weekend!! Keep focused, you can always post and tell us later what happened. For now, it's you and the dogs!
(Of course, if you have TIME, and are so inclined, we will always look at posts and photos, lol!)

lute
04-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I didn't have a chance to update everyone yesterday. Talon and I participated in the puppy match yesterday. He did AMAZINGLY well for his first time in the ring! I'm so proud of him and proud of myself that my hard work is paying off. The match judge for the herding group was a professional handler that won Best in Show that day with an Aussie. He told me today waiting to go into the breed ring that he was amazed by how well trained he was for being so young. That's a HUGE compliment! :D We didn't do anything in the breed ring yesterday or today. Morgan is just too big for most judges even though he is still within the standard. Oh well. One more day for a pt.

lute
04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, I'm back home. Today was incredible!!! We got the point today! We took best of opposite over specials! The judge really liked Morgan and I think he really had a chance to take breed if he hadn't broke his gate on his last go around. He got excited over there being a girl in front of him. Morgan is a ladies man. :rolleyes: I think that made the judges decision. Winners bitch was a solid mover.

We're leaving again Fri for Clarksville,TN. Only a two day show. 1 point each day so if we get it both days we'd still have 1 left to find.grr...oh well. Morgan is a joy to show.

I also got my first paying client. I'll be handling an Aussie for someone. I'm very excited!

tessa_s212
04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Oh! How exciting! congrats as well!! :D