PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to fix a computer clock?

Medusa
04-16-2008, 07:18 AM
My computer got a bad virus and it was being repaired for 3 days. When I finally got it back, I noticed that my clock is on military time and, try as I might, I can't get it back to the way it was. Anyone know how to fix this? It's a small thing but it's driving me batty!

Karen
04-16-2008, 07:22 AM
What operating system are you using? Mac? Windows?

Medusa
04-16-2008, 08:32 AM
What operating system are you using? Mac? Windows?
Windows.

Craftlady
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Windows.

Windows XP
Click on "control panel" on your start memu
Click on "date/time" icon
Make your changes and click "apply" your done :)

Medusa
04-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Windows XP
Click on "control panel" on your start memu
Click on "date/time" icon
Make your changes and click "apply" your done :)
Did that. It keeps going back to military time. :(

moosmom
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Go to the bottom right corner of your screen where the time is. Right click on it. Click on "Adjust Date/Time". A small window will pop up with a clock in it. That's where you can set it.

Medusa
04-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Tried that first and it didn't work either. I'm going to call my computer guy and see what he says.

sirrahbed
04-16-2008, 11:14 AM
To set your time format in Windows XP go to the Start Button then select the Control Panel. In the Control Panel select Regional Language & Options to choose the format of numbers, dates, and times.

There is a Customize button there - the legend for the different time formats on the bottom of the window. Now select the Time tab and then click on the drop down menu arrow next to the Time format box. You now have four different time display options to choose from, two are 12 hour time formats and two are 24 hour (military) type formats.

Select the h:mm:ss tt Choose the select to change to the default windows format. Then click on Apply or OK to finalize your selection.

Try this?

Cinder & Smoke
04-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Try THIS if you have Windows XP >>>

Enable Military Time in Windows Vista (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-military-time-in-windows-vista/)

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->It's really very simple to enable the system clock to show military time in Windows Vista, but the setting is not in an obvious place, so you might not have found it.

To change this setting, we'll need to get to the Regional and Language Options screen. Open the Control Panel, then *click* on the "Regional & Language Options" globe icon. From the Regional and Language Options dialog, click the "Customize this format" button, and then select the Time tab.

Direct link to this tip is >>>
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-military-time-in-windows-vista/

/s/ Phred

boycali01
09-04-2008, 05:16 PM
thank sirrahbed. it works. its great helps