PDA

View Full Version : Agility; Chinese Crested; Final Interview Post 16

Freedom
04-15-2008, 08:33 PM
This is so touching.

Diva is the first Chinese Crested to earn the title, ADCH. She needed a Super Q at this event to earn the title, and she did it!

What is so touching is, this is Diva's last Agility run with her owner / handler, Lisa Kristoff. At age 32, Lisa was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer. Chemo, radiation and many, many treatments and procedures have kept the cancer at bay and kept Lisa going for 8 years. The cancer went to her brain, and major organs. She had some experimental treatments, as well. Now, she has chemo induced Leukemia and has decided not to continue treatments. She has been given just 3 weeks to live. She insisted the docs let her out of hospital so she could do this run with Diva.

The trials were held April 12 and 13th, 2008, Diva ran on the 12th. Someone captured it and posted it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zlhkMwppKw

Taz_Zoee
04-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Ok, I now have to go wash my face because I have make-up streaming down my cheeks. That was great.

4 Dog Mother
04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
All, I can say is WOW!

Rachel
04-17-2008, 07:38 AM
More tears. That video is beyond the scope of words.

Pam
04-17-2008, 07:47 AM
I doubt that there is a dry eye among those who have watched this video. Once again I can't help but feel that God puts little angel spirits into our pets to help us when we are at our lowest point.

RobiLee
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
A very touching video. Dogs are so amazing.

Ginger's Mom
04-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Tears flowing freely here. That is amazing, and it is amazing that she had the stamina to go out there with Diva. What will happen to Diva when she losses her trainer/person/mom?

Freedom
04-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Tears flowing freely here. That is amazing, and it is amazing that she had the stamina to go out there with Diva. What will happen to Diva when she losses her trainer/person/mom?
A friend and fellow Agility person, Angela, is taking them in and will continue to work with them.

People who know Lisa say she hasn't been able to move like that in months, it was quite a miracle the way she pulled it all together to get Diva around that circuit.

One more note. The really sad part of all of this: Lisa is originally from New Zealand, and came to this country, to Florida first. She kept having pain in her shoulder and went to several doctors. They told her employer she was making it up and trying to get on disability. :eek:

On a vacation home to see her folks, she was changing clothes and her mom saw something abnormal. They were at the doctor the very next day. That is when she was diagnosed with the advanced breast cancer.

She had a double mastectomy and began chemo and radiation.

She won a malpractice settlement for the previous misdiagnosis. Thank God she did, as it has been what has sustained her to this point.

chocolatepuppy
04-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh my. :( God bless Lisa.

elizabethann
04-18-2008, 01:03 PM
That was beautiful. I'm all choked up.

pitc9
04-18-2008, 01:31 PM
OMG... I went threw quite a few tissues watching that one.
Oh how sad.... ugh... here comes the tears again.

I don't possibly know what I would do knowing I only had 3 weeks left on this earth with my pups.
:(

goD Bless her.
It never hurts to pray for a miracle!

lisa01080
04-25-2008, 07:41 AM
I read her story and bawled last night. Does anyone know how Lisa is doing? I said a prayer for her....

shepgirl
04-25-2008, 01:09 PM
My friend sent me the video after she found it...I used up a pile of tissues also. From what I've been told she's back in hospital and not doing that well.

Video was awesome to watch her do what she did...where she got the strength no one knows.

FurkidsMom
04-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok, I'm crying here at work.

finn's mom
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
What an incredible way to spend one of your days left here. I am inspired by both Lisa and Diva! That's a beautiful tribute!

Freedom
05-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Lisa's final interview:
http://www.usdaa.com/article.cfm?newsID=881

Lisa passed on May 6th, 2008, about 8 PM. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-13-2008, 09:55 AM
*sniff**sniff* words fail me :(

finn's mom
05-13-2008, 10:35 AM
What a great interview! Such a spirited team, what a pair! It truly sounds like Lis' lived her life fully and left quite a legacy of love and joy behind. Rest in Peace.

Rachel
05-13-2008, 02:05 PM
This is almost too sad to bear.

pitc9
05-13-2008, 03:36 PM
OMG....
goD rest her soul.
May she find peace until she is with Diva once again one day.
:(

chocolatepuppy
05-13-2008, 06:49 PM
I've been wondering what happened with Lisa. May she Rest in Peace until the day she and Diva are reunited. :(This young woman truly was an inspiration. I'm ashamed to complain about my aches and pains after seeing her, a young woman of 32, dying, yet running her beloved dog in agility. God Bless Lisa.

Logan
05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm just now seeing this thread. Thank you, Freedom, for sharing it with us. To say she was an inspiration, Diva, too, is an understatement. Rest in peace, Lisa. :(