PDA

View Full Version : A BraveHeart update. 4-15-08

jenluckenbach
04-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Mixed news. :(

His red blood cell count and hematicrit are back into the normal range, so that means the medicine for anemia has done its thing.

But his kidney values continue to get worse. :(

So, as long as he is eating and happy, we continue his sub-Q treatments and a few suportive medications, and hope he stays with us a while.

Freedom
04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Seems like his tale has been 2 steps forward, one step back.

Just have to hang on to the positive side and keep on providing him with the love and TLC which you show to all the pets in your care, Jenn! Thanks for hanging in there with him!!

Moesha
04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Well, at least now that he is out and about socializing with the other cats, he has a quality of life rather than living in a room by himself. Kidney disease isn't a curable thing. We do what we can, making them comfy and happy, for as long as we're able. Right now that's what you are doing for him, and from what you tell us, he seems to be enjoying himself. What more could we ask for? Go Braveheart!

catmandu
04-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Poor Brave Heart.
We at the Found Cat Hotel know that hes in the best place that he can be, and will truly get the best care in the world.
We are praying as hard as we can from Brave Heart, and hope that he can somehow beat this disease.

cassiesmom
04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
We are praying as hard as we can from Brave Heart

Same goes for me

kb2yjx
04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Trying to see the postive, yet not ignore the negative, prayers for BraveHeart!! Eat some pizza!!!!

momtomany
04-15-2008, 06:50 PM
We will just keep praying for Braveheart. Prayers work wonders and they will with him.

Catty1
04-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Jen - did the vet think there was any point in BH being on 'kidney food'?

(knowing how fussy our boy is! ;) )

HUGS - and BraveHeart is a million times healthier now than he has been in years...now he's got a 'normal' ailment that senior kitties can get.

With some more weight on, his sub q's should feel better...I WISH there was a kidney med, this just sucks. :( But he is happy, and following you around like a puppy, and has his Charlie! :D

Bless you both!

kimlovescats
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I know it doesn't seem very encouraging but I would think getting the anemia under control should at least help him feel better and have more energy!

(((hugs)))

krazyaboutkatz
04-16-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm glad to hear that his anemia is now under control.:) I'm sorry to hear about his kidney values.:( Hopefully with all of the TLC he's getting in your home, he'll be able to enjoy a good long life.:)

Medusa
04-16-2008, 07:14 AM
We have to take our blessings when and where we can get them, no matter how small they seem. As long as he's comfortable, he doesn't have to be thriving. You're taking excellent care of him as you do all your cats. I take this as good news.

GILL
04-16-2008, 11:49 AM
The good and bad news. The Crew is still keeping BraveHeart in our prayers.

GILL
04-16-2008, 11:49 AM
The good and bad news. The Crew is still keeping BraveHeart in our prayers.

phesina
04-16-2008, 07:04 PM
God bless you, Jen, and BraveHeart. That's so heartwarming that his blood values are good and the anemia is gone. He's eating better, enjoying his food, and enjoying his kitty friends and the best mama in the world. He is having a better life now than I bet he ever imagined he would.

We continue praying for our beloved boy here.