PDA

View Full Version : Death Penalty For Child Rape?

lizbud
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
This case from Lousiana will be heard tomorrow at the Supreme Court.
At issue is whether the rape of a child merits the death penalty. What do
you think?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/SCOTUS/story?id=4650696&page=1

RICHARD
04-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Pssst...

Pass the law, DP the worst AHs for the notoriety, then suspend the law.
The idiots that are stupid enough to rape kids will still think that the law is in effect.

sparks19
04-15-2008, 12:33 PM
I say give them to the inmates in prison and let them take care of it.

UGH I have ZERO tolerance for people that do these horrible things to innocent children. I almost think the death penalty is letting them off too easy. They should rot in prison for life.

lizbud
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
UGH I have ZERO tolerance for people that do these horrible things to innocent children. I almost think the death penalty is letting them off too easy. They should rot in prison for life.

This type of crime never happens just once. The creeps continue to
prey on children for as long as they live. This creep called a carpet
cleaning service to remove this child's blood from the carpet BEFORE
he ever called 911 to get help for her.

I really think this world is a safer place without these monsters.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I would cut off a certain body part an inch at a time with no anestesia.
Or stake them out over a fire ant hill naked with something sweet and sticky poured over that area. Bet they would think twice before even looking at a child after that. :mad:

CathyBogart
04-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I say - mandatory castration for ALL of them....DP is too kind.

lizbud
04-16-2008, 12:46 PM
This is a CNN article that pretty much sums up arguements pro & con.
It also gives a little more depth to the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/15/rape.execution/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

JenBKR
04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
It's extremely rare that a pedophile rapes only one child. Get rid of them, we have no need for them.

pitc9
04-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Just as others have said, he's done it once and he'll do it again.

I say let him fry!!!

Karen
04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
What happened to the days of someone being sentenced to hard labor, so that society could benefit from the labors of these guys when in prison, and leave them there until they rot? What about chemical castration?

Argranade
04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Yes what is did is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG but...

I don't think humans should play God, who are we to choose who should and should not die.

Killing him is doing no better than what he did to that girl.

If you live by the sword you die by the sword.

lizbud
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
What happened to the days of someone being sentenced to hard labor, so that society could benefit from the labors of these guys when in prison, and leave them there until they rot? What about chemical castration?

There are machines that crush rocks much faster & I believe the old chain
gangs worked mostly on county roads. They've been replaced by civilian
workers.

Chemical castration seems to become a big drag for those who are
sentenced to undergo daily or weekly treatments & they eventually
stop taking the drugs & disappear back into the community.

dukedogsmom
04-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't think he should get the death penalty. Not when people that have killed someone don't even get it. I agree about releasing him into the general population. They'd take care of him. And he could get a taste of his own medicine, too. I also agree about castration. What is chemical castration? I'm talking about the good, old fashioned kind.

Catty1
04-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Part of that article raises some points about the effect the death of the rapist might have on the young victims...yet another way for the offender to bribe them "if you tell anyone, I'll die and it will be your fault."

Thoughts?

Some victims of child rape also support Kennedy. Jody Plauche, now 35, who was raped and kidnapped as a child, says that the possibility of the death penalty adds too much burden to the child.

"A child who's been raped has been through enough," he said.

He points out that the offenders are usually a trusted adult and he worries the children will feel "extra trauma" if they know that the offender might die if the child reports the crime.

Louisiana, Montana, Georgia, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas are the six states that provide capital punishment for the rape of a child.

Eight other states and the federal government allow the death penalty for nonhomicide offenses such as treason, espionage, hijacking and kidnapping.

columbine
04-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Part of that article raises some points about the effect the death of the rapist might have on the young victims...yet another way for the offender to bribe them "if you tell anyone, I'll die and it will be your fault."

Thoughts?Given how often child rape is perpetrated by an immediate family member, that's definitely a problem. (Serial multiple child rapists are very high-profile cases, but their offenses are sparse compared to sibling/parent/uncle/grandparent etc. perps.)

The bigger problem with the death penalty in general is errors. Some new technology or evidence crops up that clears the accused/convicted, you can't just let them go. And child rapes have a history of taking forever to get reported.

sparks19
04-16-2008, 11:14 PM
This type of crime never happens just once. The creeps continue to
prey on children for as long as they live. This creep called a carpet
cleaning service to remove this child's blood from the carpet BEFORE
he ever called 911 to get help for her.

I really think this world is a safer place without these monsters.

I agree... that's why I said they should rot in prison for LIFE... be turned over to the other inmates and NEVER have a chance for parole... EVER.

Twisterdog
04-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Slowly and painfully ... absolutely.

Catty1
04-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Re: Post #14 - what about the effects of death penalty on the victim of the crime? Have a look as other perspectives would be interesting.

ramanth
04-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I say - mandatory castration for ALL of them....DP is too kind.
That gets my vote.