PDA

View Full Version : what's the most you would pay for holiday accommodation...

carole
04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I am just curious as to how much people think is reasonable to pay for holiday accommodation? what would be your top dollar? or is no expense spared?

What kind of accommodation do you prefer, homestay,motel,lodge,backpackers,cabins,luxury,hol iday homes,lodges,Inns, bed and breakfast?

And where is your favourite holiday escape?

We hardly venture away from home, but if we do I like to get decent accommodation, i enjoy a bit of luxury at an affordable price, I prefer Motels,lodges,and i would not pay more than about 160 per night.,unless i was planning something extra special and just wanted a night of pure luxury.

Suki Wingy
04-14-2008, 11:39 PM
I can't afford anything right now, but my friend and I are trying to save and to plan a road trip to the major national parks out west this summer. Our budget will probably be very little since gas is so expensive. We're either driving or taking Amtrak, whichever is cheaper at the time. We'll probably camp to save money but other than that it'd be a cabin or cheap chain motel.

Pembroke_Corgi
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
What I think is reasonable and what hotels think is reasonable are two different things. :p We usually never spend too much on hotels if we can help it because we prefer our money for other stuff! (Plus most of our vacations are spent camping in the mountains...much cheaper and more fun!)

When vacationing, I hardly spend any time at all in my room...there's too many other things to do! When I went to Paris with a friend we stayed in a hostel and could only be there certain hours. While it certainly wasn't top notch (and the loud neighbors didn't help) we had our own room and free breakfast. Saving money on accommodations meant we had money to do other stuff, like go to the Louvre and get crepes with Nutella. :D In the states my husband and I usually go to the cheapest places like Motel 6 (most of them allow dogs, too) because we are out doing things all day. If we want to stay someplace really nice and spend more we always rent a cabin and never a motel/hotel room.

carole
04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I must admit when i was younger and had no health issues to speak of, any place would do, now i am older, I prefer good home comforts, I am even partial to a bit of luxury these days.

One of my favourite hobbies online is to search accommodation worldwide, i cannot travel much, but i have been everywhere online lol, found some amazing unusual accommodations, from a cave Hotel in oz,to houseboats,to pyramid accom in oz,plane,hobbit,ship accom in nz, it is amazing what is on offer, of course some of it is at a price well above my means, but one love's to dream,infact i found these amazing villa's in Florida, talk about luxury all the way, own swimming pools, Jacuzzi,beautifully furnished, and really not that expensive for what you are getting, all within short distances from the theme park,sometime i would rather just have two day's away in pure luxury than a week somewhere, as i hate being away from home too long.

Still some of the cute cabins i have found in the USA are just gorgeous, so romantic,and not expensive either.

Good on you Suki Wingy planning a trip, it sounds like it is going to be fun,you don't need a lot sometimes, it is just a bed that is needed eh?

Keep posting i really enjoy reading about your idea's, plans and what everyone likes and dislikes, very interesting.

CountryWolf07
04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Right now, the boyfriend and I are trying to figure out of a place to go for the weekend, as a weekend get-away. :) Not sure where, but it will be this summer.