PDA

View Full Version : New foster, a Siamese!

jenluckenbach
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
A Siamese boy was left at my vet's office. He was found as a stray. His approximate age is about 7 years old. He is extremely thin. And yet, he is a big cat. His frame is very long and tall. He just needs some meat on his bones.

He is already neutered and front declawed and the vet thinks he has even had dental cleaning done recently (he is missing quite a few, but the others look good).

He tested negative/negative and she sent blood work out. They needed a rescue to take him, and called me.

So here he is....yet unnamed.

Taz_Zoee
04-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Awww, what a cutie!
I have a name suggestion. My grandma and aunt had a siamese named Radar, after the character on M*A*S*H. They also had one named Bluebelle, but since this is a male meezer...:D
(and it's really okay if you don't use my suggestion, hee hee:))

I wish I was able to take in kitties needing foster care. :( One of these days!!!

Anikaca77
04-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Poor skinny baby.

I would hate to think someone just dumped this poor baby out in the streets especially if they paid to get his teeth fixed.

Maybe that's why he's so thin?

Grace
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Poor boy - he is much too thin. But a few days at your place will take care of that. Bless you.

Freedom
04-14-2008, 04:30 PM
That first photo really shows how thin he is, especially at the rear end. Guess you just have to make sure he doesn't gobble everything at once! Maybe set him next to a slow eater and pray some of it rubs off each way??? :D

He is quite handsome and should be easy to place!

orangemm
04-14-2008, 04:37 PM
What a handsome boy he is! And, yes, he could use a couple of pounds; poor guy, I wonder how long he was on his own?

He's very lucky he's with you!

kb2yjx
04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Jen, despite his very thin size, that is one very handsome boy!!! How about Slim Jim??? Be sure to introduce him to BraveHeart and his love for pizza!!!! In your care, he will look great in no time!!!

Grace
04-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Slim Jim - fits him perfectly.

cassiesmom
04-14-2008, 06:39 PM
How do you do, slim but most gorgeous Meezer Kitty!

catmandu
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
He sure is a bit of a stringbean , but some Kitten Food and some tuna and salmon should put some much needed weight.
Thats nice that you took the poor fellow in, and I know that Y.Lee and the Siamese Angels will pay a visit to help out and make your new foster feel at home.

rg_girlca
04-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh that poor sweet boy. Jen, no doubt you will have this gorgeous boy looking like the picture of health in no time. Bless you and thank you for all that you do for these beloved cats.

Vermontcat
04-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Jen, thank you for taking in this handsome Meezer boy. :)
I like the name Slim Jim, I think it fits him.
Have you contacted Siamese Rescue about him or do you plan to adopt him out with your One by One Cat Rescue?
I bet Rosethecopycat will be able to help you since she fosters for Siamese Rescue.

kimlovescats
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Orientals are a thinner breed, but not THIS thin! :eek: Poor guy! Yep, I like the name Slim Jim! I know you will have him buffed up in no time, Jen! Thanks for taking him in with your crew! ;)

Kim

krazyaboutkatz
04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
He sure is handsome:) but I agree he's way too thin.:( I'm sure you'll have him fattened up in no time.:)

pitc9
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
I agree, I like the name Slim Jim!
Once he's not so skinny anymore you can then just call him Jim! :p

momtomany
04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh my he is so thin. Poor baby, but you will do a great job getting some meat back on his bones. Bless you for what you do.

jenluckenbach
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
He is not eating overly well.

I did not get his test results today. Gotta wait again!

I gave him some sub-Q fluids tonight, though. He could sure use them!

He is a real nice guy!

momtomany
04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I am sure you will find something that will tempt his palate.

Give him a good ear scratch from me. He is just so beautiful and God knew you would take good care of him.

jenluckenbach
04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Blood test results are pretty good. Thyroid and kidneys....good. 1 liver enzyme is a little "off". they want to retest in 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully it is just his dehydration/thin-ness.

I can't get him to eat much. :rolleyes: YUP, here we go again......try everything and coax, coax, coax.

rosethecopycat
04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Jen, thank you for taking in this handsome Meezer boy. :)
I like the name Slim Jim, I think it fits him.
Have you contacted Siamese Rescue about him or do you plan to adopt him out with your One by One Cat Rescue?
I bet Rosethecopycat will be able to help you since she fosters for Siamese Rescue.

He's already in rescue with Jen. ;)

He will fill out nicely, I'm sure.

Good thoughts and Meezer songs for this new boy.

Catty1
04-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Awww...poor baby.

Why do you seem to get all the non-eaters? ;)

Do you ever make yourself a salmon sandwich? Drain the juice out of the can into a bowl and see if he resists!

His tummy might be pretty shrunken too. Good news on the blood work. :)

Come ON, Jimmy, EAT!

KittyCrazy
04-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd call him Slim Jim (great suggestion! :) ) or Bones!

Catty1
04-16-2008, 11:24 PM
or Bones!

"Dammit, Jim, I'm a cat, not a brain surgeon."

Baby boomers/original Trek fans will understand..... ;)

kimlovescats
04-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Jen, your vet probably checked his mouth but I was just wondering if he might have pain in there somewhere causing him to not eat well. I'm glad to hear that his labs came back good! I know you've already got a Jim so maybe you can call him "Slim"! ;)

jenluckenbach
04-17-2008, 05:11 AM
I know you've already got a Jim so maybe you can call him "Slim"! ;)
;) YUP. That is why I am avoiding the name Slim Jim.

catmandu
04-17-2008, 09:24 AM
I Would Think That The Vet Would Have Checked His Teeth But My Former Vet Didnt Check John Hancocks Teeth At All, And He Lost Them All When That Could Have Easily Been Prevented.
We Hope That Slim Will Start Eating Soon, We Wish We Could Send Up A Nice Broasted Chicken We Are Having Tonight.
Again I Would Try Royal Canin Baby Kitten Food Dry As It Worked Wonders When Bo Bo And Joseph Had No Appetite.
Good Luck And Prayers Are Coming For Dear Slim.

kb2yjx
04-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Catty1!!! Haven't heard that in a looooong time!!!!
Jen!!! I am confident that YOU will find the food that this fella will eat!!! If anyone can do it, it is YOU!!!! Glad the labs were not that bad. How about calling him " The Comeback Kid??" Prayers that he does turn around......

jenluckenbach
04-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Some new photos.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/Apr2008014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/Siamese4-17-08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/Apr2008011.jpg

catfancier
04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you for taking on such a special boy. Just as one exits my life, another enters yours. I'm sure that you know how special he is and he will only show this to you as time goes on.

My siamese, Masar, loved smelly fish - tuna and salmon etc (as mentioned previously). I hope that his condition gets back to normal soon. He looks quite content in the updated photos. What a lovely, handsome boy!

Keep us updated with his progress - all the best with him :)

rosethecopycat
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Jen-

You might be interested in getting this boy on Siamlist. It's a private placement list for people looking for Siamese.

http://www.siamlist.org

Let me know if you need assistance.
:)

Vermontcat
04-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Jen, I love the photos, he looks pretty comfortable in your home. :)

Rose, I knew you'd have some helpful Meezer info for Jen so she could place him in a Meezer loving home.
Unless of course, if Jen decides to keep him herself.
She doesn't have a Siamese in her crew...yet. ;)