PDA

View Full Version : Mmm... Glass Pizza!

Sevaede
04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Okay, this is strange.

Last night, we order pizza from Pizza Hut. One of the pizzas had pepperoni and pineapple. My sister was chomping away at her slice of P&P when she feels a sharp pain in her mouth and noticed that her tooth had just cracked!! She notices a foreign object and takes it out. Lo and behold, it was a piece of glass!

We called to complain and they denied having ANY glass in their store WHATSOEVER. No glass utensils, etc. I asked if maybe it came in a bag of flour and was told, "We don't even use bags of flour.". The manager then kept repeating "That's weird." over and over. Maybe to insinuate we had planted it?

Then, they remade the same pizza and had it sent to us, like THAT'S what you want right after something like that. :rolleyes: They wanted the glass and old pizza (there was only 2 slices, plus the one my sister had, after being consumed by five people) in return for the new one. We kept the old pizza and glass, instead. I would have rather had my money back.

Just wondering what everyone thought about that? :confused: I attached pics of the glass.

kitten645
04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Get a lawyer :eek:

caseysmom
04-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Save everything and call their main office tomorrow, it was their fault and they need to fix her tooth. Of course they will try to deny it, stick to it, they are at fault.

Scooter's Mom
04-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Pizza Hut is getting to be strict about anything.

I am allergic to jalapeno peppers. I ordered the Wing Street Taters with no tomatoes, no jalapeno's... they came loaded with jalapeno's. I called immediately and told them of their mistake and they said, "sorry." I insisted they do SOMETHING. They gave me $5 off my next order. They did say they could make a new order and bring it, and take back the order that was wrong... but then I'd have to wait another hour and fifteen minutes (I'd just be put back in their delivery queue). I told them nevermind and accepted the $5 off my next order.

They said that way they KNEW I didn't make it up. I guess the world has gotten to where people lie about that stuff so often, nobody knows what to believe anymore.

I am so sorry your sister bit down on a piece of glass. That is awful.

moosmom
04-13-2008, 06:25 PM
That's a big, honkin piece of glass!!! Get a lawyer.

ramanth
04-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Ouch! That brings back memories. We were camping and my mom made burgers. My sister spit something out and it turned out to be glass! My dad and mom found pieces in their burgers too. So mom took the meat, put it back in the orginal package and took it back to the grocery store.

Turns out other people had the same issue. Something had broken while the meat was being processed and glass got in some of the packages. :eek:

We didn't buy our beef from there for months.

buckner
04-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Pizza Hut is getting to be strict about anything.

I am allergic to jalapeno peppers. I ordered the Wing Street Taters with no tomatoes, no jalapeno's... they came loaded with jalapeno's. I called immediately and told them of their mistake and they said, "sorry." I insisted they do SOMETHING. They gave me $5 off my next order. They did say they could make a new order and bring it, and take back the order that was wrong... but then I'd have to wait another hour and fifteen minutes (I'd just be put back in their delivery queue). I told them nevermind and accepted the $5 off my next order.

They said that way they KNEW I didn't make it up. I guess the world has gotten to where people lie about that stuff so often, nobody knows what to believe anymore.

I am so sorry your sister bit down on a piece of glass. That is awful.
That is weird about the Taters. I work at a Pizza Hut & WingStreet.... we make these quite often. We just stick them in the fryer, and they get a side of cheese sauce. I've never put tomatoes or jalepenos on them, ever.

As far as the glass in the pizza, I can only compare it to my store. We don't have glass ANYTHING at my store. Why? Cos we can't afford to always drop stuff, have it break, have to clean it up, and then buy new stuff. That's really weird that it was in the pizza, honestly. It had to have come from an employee or something, really. But, the dough is frozen and prepped in advanced. Once it's proofed, then we use it for pizza. We don't make the door in the store, no pizza hut does.

At my store, if anything EVER happened like this, we'd give you a free pizza or a credit for the cost of the pizza and delivery. Really, what can we do? I would suggest you contact coirporate. They won't be able to give you money or anything, but it will help improve any wrong conditions in the store. I also might suggest you start doing carry-out from another Pizza Hut. We have a few shady Huts in my city, and I'd definitely drive a bit further to get a good pizza.

sumbirdy
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Ouch! That must have hurt!

Just today my brother found a piece of bone in some chili. He called the company to complain and they're sending him 2 coupons for free products. He almost choked on the bone! But seeing as it is chili, with meat from an animal.....but GLASS in PIZZA?! That's just crazy. I don't think I could eat at that Pizza Hut again. I think they should pay for having her tooth repaired at least.

Kfamr
04-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Contact corporate. Corporate, if Pizza Hut is a good company, should pay for any dental work she needs done.

At my job (Chick-fil-A) we would write an accident report and contact corporate ourselves and make sure everything is "right" for the customer.