PDA

View Full Version : lost my job after 20 yrs and going on a trip

lbaker
04-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Well, that kind of says it all. It's a "no-fault" divorce type thing. Gag order and all that. BUT, going to visit my brother in San Diego for 10 days (what is Lucy going to do in all that time without me :eek: ) Jenny says not to worry, she will give her extra belly rubs and feed her by hand. (Lucy likes that). Ten days, end of April until May 10 gives me enough time to train up North. Anyone have a day or two to visit? Maybe I should have posted this in "Meetings' but just made my reservations last night. Not the best flights but one stop over to switch in CHI and return Red-Eye non-stop and free upgrade to First Class. Not too shabby.

Randi
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh Laurie, I'm sorry to hear that, but you'll soon find another job - if that's what you want. For now, you can enjoy California and get some time to think and relax. Wish you'd come to England, I'm going on 23rd and it would be great to meet up.

Best of luck!! :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-13-2008, 02:31 PM
"Lost my job after twenty years ..."

Awww, NUTZ! :(

Don'cha just HATE IT :mad: when dat happens!?

Did they give you any retirement or severance benefits to take with you?

Any new job placement assistance?

Are you gonna *look* for another position, or just say Fasten It :p and
go into retirement?

Happie Trip to the Left Coast!

BIG {{{Hugs}}}!!

RedHedd
04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Aww, Laurie, that sucks. Well you KNOW you can always come here. You missed the Teddy Bear conference, but I'm sure we can cook up some mischief to keep you entertained! Let me know! I'll be on vacation the week of April 21.

Bengalz
04-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry that you lost your job after such a long time. I hope some time to recover and reflect will open up new ideas and opportunities. Just remember all those 'tools' in your tool-kit and think about how 'you' want to use them.

Have a wonderful relaxing time off and best of luck for your new adventure, whenever you choose for it to begin :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

The same thing happened to me though and it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope the same for you!

moosmom
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Laurie,

I'm sorry about your job. But heck, girl, you sure made whiskey sours when life handed you THAT lemon. I'm proud of you!! Have a wonder time and a safe trip!

((((HUGS)))))

ramanth
04-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Sorry about the job. :( Hope the trip brightens your days! :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your job.:( I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time in San Diego. If you make it to Northern CA please look me up. Wolflady lives fairly close to me now too.:)

Ginger's Mom
04-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Sorry to hear that you lost your job. It's something I always worry about with the new letterheads. Hope that everything works out well for you. Enjoy your trip. Hey, maybe now that you have some free time we can meet up sometime when I am down in Alexandria.

lizbud
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry you lost the job Laurie. :( Hopefully this trip will help clear
your mind & let you relax and have some fun. :)

KYS
04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Sending (((HUGS)))
I hope you have a wonderful time in San Diego and get your mind
off all your troubles.