PDA

View Full Version : Feels like I have another herniated disk! :(

Kirsten
04-12-2008, 02:44 PM
As some of you may remember, I already had back surgery back in 2004 when I had a slipped disk; now it feels I've got another one.

Back in February on my first day back at work, a table broke under me and I fell on my back, and I'm having problems ever since. In fact, it's getting worse. I have problems sitting all day, and sometimes my legs and feet would get numb, and I'm in pain. Today, it's especially bad. My sister and her husband are here (at my parents place) and when we met there tonight after a while, the chairs we were sitting on really made my back ache, and I had to give up and go home. Even walking is painful now, and my back feels so weird. The kind of pain and the strange feeling in my lower back and legs I have remind me a lot of the first disk hernia, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was another one. :(

I have an orthopaedist appointment on April 25, but now I fear I cannot wait that long. Boy, this is really annoying, now that I just got my job back. Talk about bad luck!! :(

Kirsten

phesina
04-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh Kirsten, I'm so sorry.

I hope this is something that clears up or can be fixed soon.

Kirsten
04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks!

I'm really upset atm. Will go to bed soon and hope I'm feeling better tomorrow. Don't know why the chairs at my parents place made it so bad tonight. Even taking a walk with Emma did not help, I could barely walk. :(

Kirsten

Catty1
04-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Kirsten - if it really is interfering with your walking, can you go to Emergency at the hospital or a clinic?

I mean - you know better than anyone that this won't get better by itself!

HUGS!

Kirsten
04-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Well, as long as my legs don't get completely numb, there's still time. I still hope it's "only" a pinched nerve, and I'll feel better tomorrow. But when I still feel like this on Monday, I need to go and see a doctor, and I better get an MRI asap!!

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that a doctor will be able to help you and that you'll start feeling better soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

cassiesmom
04-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that a doctor will be able to help you and that you'll start feeling better soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.
Exactly the same here!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Even walking is painful now, and my back feels so weird. The kind of pain and the strange feeling in my lower back and legs I have remind me a lot of the first disk hernia, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was another one. :(
Kirsten

Same thought here!! I've been through this situation too, so I understand very well what is happening ( it was level L5-S1) . I don't want to scare you off, but in my opinion you should see a doc and go under a scanner AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! If that strange feeling in your legs isn't stopped soon, you might be risking the same situation as I did.... :( .
Please let us know how you are now!

Randi
04-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear this. You really should go and see a doctor! Hope you'll start feeling better soon. :)

Sending healing thoughts.

Kirsten
04-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Thank you everyone!

I wasn't doing much better today, and I took strong pain killers this afternoon. Now I'm better, and I hope I can make it through my working day tomorrow. If not, I need to get a scan very soon.

Lut, I'm very sorry you have to deal with these problems, too! How are you doing these days?

Kirsten

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Lut, I'm very sorry you have to deal with these problems, too! How are you doing these days?

Kirsten

I am feeling a lot better since my surgery! My neurostimulator isn't taking all pain I feel, but at least that pinched nerve is "under control" now!
Don't wait to long to have a scan, I did :(

Kirsten
04-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Lut, glad to hear you're feeling better after all you've been through!

As far as I'm concerned, I'm on sick leave now because I'm still having problems. I have my orthopaedist appointment next Friday, and we'll see what happens... Can tell you that my employers are not happy, I got some very nasty comments on the phone, and it looks like I'm going to lose my job over this...

Kirsten

Catty1
04-18-2008, 07:14 PM
And if you lose your health, then they will lose you forever.

I hope you have another opportunity to find another position. You never know.

I am sure they are annoyed, but that is there problem.

HUGS!

phesina
04-18-2008, 08:20 PM
That is REALLY rotten of your employers to give you a nasty hard time over something that is injurious to your health. It certainly isn't as though you deliberately got this to happen so you could get off work.

Best wishes and prayers for you with the doctor appointment.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
That is REALLY rotten of your employers to give you a nasty hard time over something that is injurious to your health. It certainly isn't as though you deliberately got this to happen so you could get off work.

Best wishes and prayers for you with the doctor appointment.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

That is sooooo true!! I feel sorry for you.... :(

K9karen
04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Sorry i just read through this.

Being a back surgery survivor too (and gearing up for another), I feel your pain and frustration. I know companies have business to run and profits to make etc, but I can't understand why a serious problem is a reason for termination. Like, it's your fault. I'm so sorry.

Want an emergency doctor's visit, instead of Friday? Tell them you experienced "drop foot". Unfortunately, I really did have it and got seen immediately. Good Luck.