PDA

View Full Version : Kitty prizes?

Fuzzybuns
04-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I noticed that it's lizard time again and no matter what I do, they always get in the house. Churchy, having been raised outside, knows just what to do with them (ewwww!) but Toby and Dixie don't. Dixie will "play" and poke a few claws in them but she's very possessive and Toby will watch it from afar, lol.

It seems cruel to let Dixie jab at it but Churchy eats them too fast for me to get it away. I try to get them from Dixie before it's death but most times, by the time I get it, it's half dead anyway.

At what point do you take their prizes away?

catmandu
04-11-2008, 09:43 AM
If it a mouse, very quickly as they can become ill, if they eat the mouse and absorb the poison.
I am not sure about lizards as I am sure Cats have been eating there for yeras, but then again you dont want lizard parts brought up by your little hunter all over the rug.

KitCat
04-11-2008, 10:05 AM
There's not a lizard with a tail anywhere near our house. Cocoa doesn't realize they are edible so he would play with them "untill their batteries run out". Now, he will actually bring them to me while they are still alive and I take them out of the house. I have found that Cocoa tires them out enough that I can catch them, otherwise they are too speedy. If I'm not around I will find their carcass later (eww!). If you can get it outside while it's still kicking, that would be the best.

This came in handy when he caught a baby bird and I was able to get it from him. Somehow he knows they are not toys now!