PDA

View Full Version : Catboys and Indians?

RICHARD
04-09-2008, 02:31 PM
When I was A kid I never really played Cowboy and Indians.

We were mostly stuck in Army Men and whoever invaded our yard that day. Then it was baseball and football in the street......

Lately the Edster, or shall I call General Edward D Katz, has begun to put his own spin on the old C&I battles.

Of course, the winner is always the person who invents the game. And, if history is correct, I'm the one who gets their arse handed to me-self on a platter! :mad:

-------------

Let me set up the scene.... Poor Indian (me) is snoozing on the floor of my tipi. I am dreaming of good things- Squaws, harvest and the hotties on the national news channels. :confused:

In the silent night I hear the far off barks of pretend wolves, Conestoga wagons flying down the freeway and the toot of the two o'clock train nearby.

Crunchy sounds break up the night-kibble chewed, water dish flung side to side and the the scratch, scratch of a cat pruning his claws...

All is quiet when a Cat-boy- The bastardization of a Cat and Cowboy - jumps me and tries to capture me and the News Anchor!

The attack is sudden and explodes my nocturnal comfort zone. My feet are the first to feel the intrusion into my slumber....

What the *(*%^$%.. My knees go next and then my bits are stepped on,
That releases a blast of air from my lungs and renders me unable to fend off this attack. A few paws on my chest and the cowardly Cat-boy retreats!

Surprise on his side he retreats to a safe place across the room....a chair! I get a light on and catch him- perched on an arm looking over his shoulder...
I sense an aura of victory about him.

"I won, I came, I saw, I stepped all over his gnarly arse!"

VICTORY IS MINE! Chalk up another victory for the good guys...

---------------------

And in the end, I wonder what would have happened if George Custer had had a few cats on his side? :confused:

lvpets2002
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
:D I have just started Laughing & Chuckling out Loud here at work.. Thanks Richard for the good humor of the day.. :p

catmandu
04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
As always a delight Richard, your Edward sounds as though he has been reading up on Kit Carson and Davy Crockett!!!
I would be careful of the last roundup if I was you!!!!

GILL
04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks Richard, I needed that. My only problem is that I have a crew that seems too take pleasure in a multi prong attack. 2-3 at a time. HELP!

Freedom
04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Great as always, Richard. Thanks for the smiles!

Better beware in case General Edster sends for reinforcements!

Barbara
04-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Aren't you sure that the coward cowboy is lying in his covered waggon and it is the noble native with the white feathers in his hair who wins;)
When I was a kid I was always on the side of the Indians :p

RICHARD
04-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Aren't you sure that the coward cowboy is lying in his covered waggon and it is the noble native with the white feathers in his hair who wins;)
When I was a kid I was always on the side of the Indians :p

LOL,

I'll send the Edster over with his vison of history. :eek:

This noble native gets his gentalia stomped on. How can I win against those kinds of odds? :confused: