PDA

View Full Version : Fruit?

ChrisH
04-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is any fruit that a dog should not be allowed to eat?

Katelf
04-09-2008, 06:59 AM
It might be a myth, but I think grapes are not good for dogs.

:p

vinjashira
04-09-2008, 07:05 AM
you are right. grapes are not good for dogs.

http://www.ukvet.co.uk/ukvet/articles/toxicology%20-%20raisins.pdf

Freedom
04-09-2008, 08:04 AM
No grapes, raisins, onion or macadamia nuts. (I know, onion and macadamias are not fruit, but the list is so short I wanted to include everything.) The rest is just personal taste.

I have a piece of fruit at night, watching TV. I NEVER get to finish it myself. :rolleyes: The pups love bananas, oranges, apples and pears! :eek:

lute
04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
yes, Grapes are toxic to dogs. I don't feed my dogs very much people food. If you do I would definately print a list of toxic foods and hang it on your fridge. Look for the food tha those cute little puppy eyes are begging for and make sure it's not on the list.

pitc9
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
My pups won't touch fruits or veggies. :rolleyes:
But yesterday I threw some strawberries in the garbage before leaving for work and when I came home I found the empty container on the kitchen floor!
They ATE the strawberries!!
But they won't eat them if I hand them one.
Huh... must be all about getting something when you're not supposed to!

Grapes and rasins are the top of the "Do not feed" list for pets.

Sparklecoon
04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
As stated earlier grapes are bad. Also pits from fruit are bad even if the flesh themselves are not. Think peach and avacado pits.

buttercup132
04-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Unless it's puréed it doesn't provide any nutrients anyways.

Glacier
04-09-2008, 12:41 PM
yesterday I threw some strawberries in the garbage before leaving for work and when I came home I found the empty container on the kitchen floor!
They ATE the strawberries!!
But they won't eat them if I hand them one.

Earle is a strawberry freak. He loves them! He can barely control himself when I am cutting strawberries up. He's a big fan of honeydew melon too, not so much on the cantelope!

ChrisH
04-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm on a bit of a fruit kick at the moment and was a little worried about the bit more exotic ones such as papaya and dragon fruit but never gave a thought to grapes. I've shared some with Bob a number of times without any obvious ill effects but I will not be taking any chances on sharing again.

Thanks again.