PDA

View Full Version : Have You Finished Your Tax Forms Yet?

lizbud
04-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Hooray, Hooray, I'm finally done. E-filed Fed & State. I feel so relieved
to finally quit fooling around & "get er done". :D

I will never use Turbo Tax for tax help again though. Big disappointment
with them for this year though. Harder to understand options than needs
to be.

Grace
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I do them myself. Mailed them off on March 14th. Both were in the bank by last Friday.

Freckles
04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Yep, and received my refunds.

Jessika
04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Nope... :(

We did them online and it said we owed over $1000 =/

So we're trying to grab together all the forms and deductions (gas, school supplies, work stuff, car stuff, etc) to itemize because there is NO WAY we owe that much especially since we got married last year and are filing jointly.

Any suggestions???

I know we're pushing it close. But theres NO FREAKIN' WAY we owe that much... especially when I was workin' I was paying an extra $10 from every paycheck in taxes for this exact reason.

:(

chocolatepuppy
04-08-2008, 07:46 PM
We had our federal done and returned back in Feb. Ohio says we owe them money and we DO NOT! :mad: I have mailed all the necessary forms of proof and made several phone calls, no check yet. Hopefully we won't end up in jail when we DO NOT pay them the money we DO NOT owe!!! :rolleyes:

kuhio98
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Yep. Sent ours in expecting a refund of over a thousand dollars. The check arrived today for $200 with a note from the IRS that they would send us an explanation "later". :(

Sirrahsim
04-08-2008, 08:27 PM
We filed and received our refund quite a while ago :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-09-2008, 12:37 AM
I did mine electronically on Sunday and I didn't owe as much as I thought I would.:) It was also very easy.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I sent mine and DH's online a while ago - got the refund in a week. =D

Rachel
04-09-2008, 05:48 AM
I sent ours in about the middle of February. That was probably a new record for me to get them done early. Even though I had to pay, I still sent it in early. I just can't stand to wait until the last minute. My boss does that every year. Then there is a whole lot of running around and extra trips to the accountant for picking them up or signing forms or a special trip to the post office. My life doesn't need all that.

Medusa
04-09-2008, 07:31 AM
I get my done early; I can't take the stress otherwise. My accountant emails me forms and I complete them and email them back and he e-files them. I have to start early because he asks me so many questions and makes so many changes that, if I didn't, I'd be late w/filing. Two years ago he said that I had a refund of $2800 coming, so when I heard that, I gave the ok to have a new walkway and patio installed, figuring I'd use that money to pay for part of it. After the work had been started, he emailed me and said that he missed one of my 1099's and that, not only do I not have a refund coming, I owed several thousand dollars! I nearly threw up. So in order to avoid costly mistakes like that again, I start early and wait until the forms are actually filed before I do anything. :rolleyes:

moosmom
04-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Done and spent!! :D

lvpets2002
04-09-2008, 09:56 AM
:p Done Electronically & Refund already back as a Direct Draft..

Edwina's Secretary
04-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Our return was finished and mailed weeks ago. Dangling from a string attched to my desk lamp...two envelopes. One gets mailed to Uncle Sam and one to the California Tax Board...later this week!

Taz_Zoee
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Done and spent!! :D
Same here!! LOL Mine are very easy to do since it's just me and I claim zero. I did mine back in February.

JenBKR
04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
We did ours in February this year, since we knew it would be much more fun than previous years thanks to Ty :D For once we didn't owe!!

Sirrahsim
04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
We did ours in February this year, since we knew it would be much more fun than previous years thanks to Ty :D For once we didn't owe!!
kids are great, aren't they? :D :D :D

elizabethann
04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I usually do mine April 14th. That way, I can panic and stress out. :confused:

Suki Wingy
04-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Yep, just mailed it off, should be getting about $150. Bad news is I have to use it for summer school and that doesn't even cover it. I was going to use it for a tattoo, but.... :(

BitsyNaceyDog
04-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Jessica, you can file an extension. We have to do that this year too. Our CPA is doing ours, but we needed to take a bunch of papers and documents to her, by the time Justin finally got all the stuff together and down to her she told us she wouldn't be able to get it done until after the 15th, so we're filing an extension.

shais_mom
04-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I take mine to an accountant - mine's been filed and partially spent already!

Sparklecoon
04-10-2008, 11:35 AM
My monies were deposited into the ole bankeroo last friday. Yea for E-file!!

ramanth
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
We've done them in pencil and found that we owe federal, state, and city. :(

No refunds this year. A first for me.

Just have to fill the forms out in pen and make out checks.

lizbud
04-10-2008, 06:09 PM
We've done them in pencil and found that we owe federal, state, and city. :(

No refunds this year. A first for me.

Just have to fill the forms out in pen and make out checks.

Oh wow, triple wammy. :( Sorry guys. :(

chocolatepuppy
04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
We had our federal done and returned back in Feb. Ohio says we owe them money and we DO NOT! :mad: I have mailed all the necessary forms of proof and made several phone calls, no check yet. Hopefully we won't end up in jail when we DO NOT pay them the money we DO NOT owe!!! :rolleyes:

*update* After a bit of playing phone tag, our check is in the mail! yay! :D It's not much but at least we won't do jail time for tax evasion for not paying the money we don't owe. :rolleyes:

ramanth
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh wow, triple wammy. :( Sorry guys. :(

Thankfully it's only about $320 total so I guess it could be worse. However, Andy just got a $110 speeding ticket, so that's not helping. :rolleyes: :p

slleipnir
04-11-2008, 12:42 AM
I had mine pretty much finished last month. I just needed to gather my medical receipts.Then I couldn't find my access code thing :mad: I'm going to finish it all tomorrow. Yay!

smokey the elder
04-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I owed CT $2 and it cost me 58 cents to mail it! :eek: But I got a nice Federal refund (I can't balance my W4 right because the tax rates in CT and NY are so different.) When I worked in NY my Fed bill and NY refund almost perfectly offset.

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I did our February 9th, but just filed them last night. Thanks to my "free" trip to Miami last November we owed big time!!!