PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE-SASSY IS SAFE! Can Anybody Offer Me Assistance...

Reachoutrescue
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Was not sure where to post this thread, I hope this is okay.

I am trying to pull a pregnant cat from Georgia before she is euthanized. I have a person that can take her out of the pound for me, but I have to set up a transport run sheet to send out and see if anybody can fill. Well, as crazy as this sounds, I have never done this before and do not know where to begin. Can anybody help me set this up so I can save this girl and possibly a few more? Thank you so much.

Here is the link to the cat I am trying to pull. It does not say she is pregnant, but a volunteer emailed me and told me she is.

Sassy (http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?animal=&breed=&age=&size=&specialNeeds=&declawedPets=&children=&status=&id=&internal=&contact=&name=&shelterid=GA316&sort=&preview=1) (she is the very first kitty on the page)

Taz_Zoee
04-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I know nothing about transports. But take a look in Dog (or maybe even Cat too) Rescue. I see a lot of thread about transports. Maybe some of those people could help you out with how to get this going.
Good luck. And Sassy is adorable!

Reachoutrescue
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Thank you Taz...I will go look right now. I just hope I get help and set this up before it is too late for her.

catmandu
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
We are sending pryaers that you can get that Dear Little Sassy to some place safe where she can be safe and find her Furrr Ever Home.
I was talking to the Animal Welfare Ladies and every day there are more and more Ctas showing up who need homes.
We pray that Sassy is one of the lucky ones.

rg_girlca
04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
WOW Tracey, I was shocked to read that they keep them for ONLY 3 days. Poor precious babies.

I pray that you are able to get her and a few others out of there in time and are able to set up a transport to get them to you.

Reachoutrescue
04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Sassy, along with many other kitties are safe. Another rescue stepped up to the plate before I got the transport set up. They went there a few hours ago and pulled them out! Just wanted to let you know that they are safe!!

kimlovescats
04-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Sassy, along with many other kitties are safe. Another rescue stepped up to the plate before I got the transport set up. They went there a few hours ago and pulled them out! Just wanted to let you know that they are safe!!

That's wonderful news! I was concerned for the one mom who had 3 little babies under 2 weeks of age. They would have been PTS immediately here at our county "shelter". :(

Reachoutrescue
04-08-2008, 10:04 PM
That's wonderful news! I was concerned for the one mom who had 3 little babies under 2 weeks of age. They would have been PTS immediately here at our county "shelter". :(
I do know that the Russian Blue is still there with her two babies and she is to be a bit feral. I am working on finding out more and getting her out.

Moesha
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
That is great news. Every little bit helps. Keep us posted please.

Anikaca77
04-09-2008, 09:24 AM
That's great. Please keep us updated.

catmandu
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
That great news about Sassy!
Thats all we can do , is save one Cat at a time.
We are getting ready to try and poof Scrappito, a little male whos a dead ringer for Scrappy 2.
We hope Sassy will be on one day soon in her Furr Ever Home!!!