PDA

View Full Version : Rescuing Pregnant Mom Cats ....PICTURES added!

kimlovescats
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi PT friends! I have decided to help out a few of the many Spring pregnant momcats by giving them a safe and loving place to have their babies. If someone doesn't help them, their babies will be born outside and subjected to dangerous situations that we all know exist! :(

Right now I have two moms ... one who delivered 1.5 weeks ago and one who is about to pop now! :eek: The two families who brought these to me, do want the moms back and WILL be having them spayed as soon as the babies are weaned. One of them was kind enough to even buy a large cage for them to stay in with their babies.

Unfortunately there are many more out there who need my (our) help. There is one that I know of who is looking for someone to take a pregnant mom in who she had been feeding outside of her home. It is obvious to me that she wants nothing to do with the kittens or mom once they are born. :( I would be willing to take this mom in, hopefully before her babies arrive, but I will need help in getting another cage for them and with having mom spayed / vaccinated once the time comes.

I noticed that there is a new thread here asking for help for some other kitties, so the timing here might not be the best. I'm sorry. Many of you know that I have helped out many kitties through the years and have never once asked for financial help from PT. This time, I simply must in order to be certain that the cycle ends for these moms! If anyone is interested in helping by donating to a fund to spay / vaccinate these moms and help provide caging for them during their deliveries, you can PM me and I will give you my address or PayPal information.

THANK YOU for any help you can give them!

Kim

Here is the first litter of babies ... born on 3.28.08 ....

catmandu
04-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I wish I could Kim, but my tax bill was more than I thought and Miquelito just had his ear scratched by Pouncierge and he may have to see the Vet.
We are praying that Mom and Kittens will be all right.

kimlovescats
04-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I wish I could Kim, but my tax bill was more than I thought and Miquelito just had his ear scratched by Pouncierge and he may have to see the Vet.
We are praying that Mom and Kittens will be all right.

Gary, I understand fully and I know that you are praying for us all! You have been very generous and a wonderful friend to me and the many who have come through my home over recent years, and I thank you wholeheartedly! I hope Miquelito's ear will heal quickly!

rg_girlca
04-08-2008, 06:47 PM
What a dilemma for the people in rescue when the spring time mama's start coming around. It's so darn sad because we know that this is never ending because of irresponsible cat owners who don't bother to spay or neutered their cats and especially because of the many, many, MANY, who just abandon them when they move. :mad:

Okay, enough about my rant. Kim, you are such an Angel to take in these mama's to make sure they have a clean and safe place to have their babies. It's hard isn't it when you have to take care of other people's ignorance.

Bless you and thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for these precious cats. I take my hat off to you.

My donation is on the way. :)

kimlovescats
04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Thank you so much, Lorraine! It is truly appreciated!!! I've really cut back my rescuing in the past couple of years but it's hard to overlook all the pregnant moms out there. It isn't their fault that they got pregnant! I can't take back what happened to them but I can help them through it and make sure that they don't ever have to have kittens again.

rg_girlca
04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
You are more than welcome Kim and Bless you. :)

kimlovescats
04-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Here is the other momcat who is due at any moment! This girl is so big and I'm so afraid that she might have a really large litter! Her name is Miss Smokey (the owners thought SHE was a HE ... until ...). They will be having her spayed as soon as she weans her little ones and before going home. I will make sure of it!

Also, I have attached another picture of Shadow and her babies.

moosmom
04-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Kimlovecats,

If you can get them to CT, I'll foster a mama and babies.

Reachoutrescue
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Kim, I am going to PM you.

Anikaca77
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Awww Shadow is so beautiful. I'm afraid I can only offer prays at this point.

With struggling to get Athena fixed and my other guys vets bills I'm just not able right now.

But thank you so much for taking them in.

Prays,
Melissa

kimlovescats
04-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Awww Shadow is so beautiful. I'm afraid I can only offer prays at this point.

With struggling to get Athena fixed and my other guys vets bills I'm just not able right now.

But thank you so much for taking them in.

Prays,
Melissa

Prayers are always welcome!!! ;)

Donna, transport would be too stressful for a pregnant or nursing mom. Right now I am not crowded but if it comes to that, I might look for fosters. THANK YOU for offering!

kimlovescats
04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you SO much to those of you who have sent donations! It will help to assure that these moms and babies get the care they need and that these moms will be spayed as soon as possible. I would love to be able to spay / neuter the babies but that would mean keeping them all to at least 4 or 5 months of age and then they would be harder to place. In addition, I would have to have more housing for them which would limit my ability to bring more moms in. All I can do at this point is be sure the moms are spayed right away and the babies go to responsible INDOOR only homes!

If anyone would like to donate but the timing is not right at this time, please know that you can donate over at least the next couple of months. Kitten "season" is just beginning and new moms will need our help throughout the summer.

Thank you again!

Kim and Kitties :)

catfamily
04-12-2008, 10:25 AM
thanks for all your doing kim...it really is so heartwarming that people like you are out there,doing so much to help those pregnant mom's.
you already know my predicament...i'm sorry i can't help now...maybe later after we get settled i'll see what we can send.
it gets so costly,i hope you get more donations.your doing so much.

kimlovescats
04-12-2008, 05:34 PM
thanks for all your doing kim...it really is so heartwarming that people like you are out there,doing so much to help those pregnant mom's.
you already know my predicament...i'm sorry i can't help now...maybe later after we get settled i'll see what we can send.
it gets so costly,i hope you get more donations.your doing so much.

Carla, don't worry about it! You do SO MUCH for the kitties in your area too! ;)

kimlovescats
04-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Black female (Mommy look-a-like)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Shadow%20and%20Babies/Sany0288.jpg

Calico (female)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Shadow%20and%20Babies/Sany0307.jpg

2 Brown tabby w/white (males)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Shadow%20and%20Babies/Sany0299.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Shadow%20and%20Babies/Sany0301.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Shadow%20and%20Babies/Sany0300.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Shadow%20and%20Babies/Sany0297.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Shadow%20and%20Babies/Sany0291.jpg

Of course when these babies are weaned, PT homes would be the best homes! ;)

Scooter's Mom
04-12-2008, 09:04 PM
OMGosh. My heart just went "Kathump". They are so cute!
If I could afford another, you bet I'd be alllll over them.

What a terrific thing you are doing.

rg_girlca
04-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!! You have really made my night. :)

Oh my gosh how I needed a kitty fix and these adorable, sweet pictures did it for me. Look at those sweet innocent faces. Too darn cute for words.
How I pray that you are able to find loving, caring homes for all of them.
THANK GOD I live to far from you as I would be grabbing up those two tabbies.

Please give these precious babies and their mama a widdle kiss and scritchies for me. :)

rg_girlca
04-12-2008, 11:30 PM
I just had to come and take a look at these adorable pictures again before I go to bed. :D That last picture just melts my heart.

catfamily
04-13-2008, 05:34 AM
Kim....again,another thanks for all you do for cats/kittens that are homeless/unwanted/and just plain need you...Thanks :)
Your a true Angel...please keep up the good work.Don't ever let anyone steer you away from your great deeds of saving lives.
beautiful pictures!

phesina
04-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Adorable!

orangemm
04-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Beyond cute! Yes, that last picture just tugs at my heart. Bless you for taking in the mamma and babies.

momcat
04-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi Miss Kim,
I want to thank you very very much for helping my fellow kitties in need. You're doing a wonderful thing for them. Like the other PT kitties, I have a very good life filled with love. Meowmie and Soncat see to it that I have everything I could possibly need or want; plenty to eat, a warm safe home, a trip to the whitecoat if I don't feel good.
It makes me sad that so many kitties don't have someone to love them or care for them. But knowing they have you to help gives me hope that they will find a good life with hoomins that will give them lots of love.
I'm sending you lots of headbumpies, purrs, and kitty kisses to thank you for helping my fellow kitties in need. You're a real kitty hero!

Love,
Your friend,
Groucho

kimlovescats
04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi Miss Kim,
I want to thank you very very much for helping my fellow kitties in need. You're doing a wonderful thing for them. Like the other PT kitties, I have a very good life filled with love. Meowmie and Soncat see to it that I have everything I could possibly need or want; plenty to eat, a warm safe home, a trip to the whitecoat if I don't feel good.
It makes me sad that so many kitties don't have someone to love them or care for them. But knowing they have you to help gives me hope that they will find a good life with hoomins that will give them lots of love.
I'm sending you lots of headbumpies, purrs, and kitty kisses to thank you for helping my fellow kitties in need. You're a real kitty hero!

Love,
Your friend,
Groucho

Dear sweet Groucho!

I truly appreciate your kind words and wishes for these moms and babies! Your support and prayers are very much appreciated!

Love,
Kim and kitties