PDA

View Full Version : The Other End of the Leash

Freedom
04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Has anyone read this book:
The Other End of the Leash, by Patricia McConnell?

It was recommended in Lacey's Agility class, by another dog owner. The instructor was familiar with it and said we should all take a look. I found it at the library.

This is a fantastic look at how dogs think and why so many of the things we 'think' we are doing right really aren't. Also written with a great sense of humor.

Ginger's Mom
04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it sounded familiar. At least once a year I pick up a book on how dogs think and how to interact with or train them. But I don't think this is one I have read. So it sounds like you would recommend this one to add to my small collection of (partially read) books.

Giselle
04-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I read it and loved every moment of it. :)

Shelteez2
04-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Another vote for loved it here! :D

Freedom
04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm more than halfway through now. Oh yes, I HIGHLY recommend this book. Wonderful insight into dogs!!!

clara4457
04-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Dr. McConnell is one of my favorite behaviorists, all of her books are terrific. I've also had the pleasure of going to one of her seminars - definitely a must if you have the opportunity. She also has a radio show every Saturday on NPR called "Calling All Pets" where she answers behavior questions from people who call in. If you don't get NPR in your area, you can listen to the shows online here - http://www.wpr.org/pets/

Freedom
04-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Wow, that is great to know about, thank you!