PDA

View Full Version : Tornado warning??

Sirrahsim
04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
A few minutes ago I got home from a quick trip to wally world with the boys. As I was pulling up to my house I noticed that the giant voice (neighborhood/basewide speaker system) was saying something. I rolled down my window and learned that a tornado WARNING had just been cancelled ??? It's bright and sunny with just the beginning of a storm cloud in the sky... Very wierd ???

Jessika
04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
That's usually when they're prominent, actually. Tornadoes don't always strike when it's ugly, raining and lightning out. It may storm really bad, but then it will stop, THATS when you have to worry. Or when it's REALLY NICE out but theres a bad storm front moving in... maybe you just missed the front? ;)

I know it's prime when it's warm and sunny and then a huge cold front will move in, PRIMEEE breeding ground for tornadoes.

Cinder & Smoke
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
... the giant voice ... was saying something.

... learned that a tornado WARNING had just been cancelled ???

I'd be a little worried about not learning that the Tornado Warning had been ISSUED! :eek:

You and the Kids can live through a "cancellation" ...

Might be a whole different story when you miss the WARNINGS!
:eek:

Sirrahsim
04-07-2008, 10:44 PM
We are completely clueless! When we were at Walmart, which is just a few minutes from home, everyone was acting perfectly normal. No sirens, no nothing. Then we got home and the base was like a ghost town because everyone was inside hiding from a tornado ??? I'll have to watch the local news in the morning and see if they mention it.

Craftlady
04-08-2008, 09:47 AM
CNN weather people were talking about the bad weather and possible tornado touchdown late yesterday afternoon.

lizbud
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Wow, that's spooky. We don't have voice warnings here, just sirens
that would wake the dead. ;) They do announce watchs & warnings
on tv & radio though.

sirrahbed
04-08-2008, 11:53 AM
The weather.com site has a video of a cloud and hail from yesterday - in your county. Bet that is what was happening - the video looked very rural. Also, the anniversary of the"big one" is coming up this week so imagine there will be more sirens and warnings. Living in tornado alley in this season is hard on the nerves - isn't it!! (((hugs)))

Sirrahsim
04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
holy cow, after watching the clip on weather.com I did some digging and found a storm chaser forum where they were talking about it. I was just a few miles away! Eek!