PDA

View Full Version : Bad Start to A Night

dukedogsmom
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I was on my way to work and saw a dog that had been hit by a car. He was only 5-6 months old. No one had stopped and he was in a busy highway lane. I turned around, put my car in front of him and turned on the flashers. One of the ladies from work turned around to be with me because she knew how upset I'd be. I was going to wait for animal control to pick him up. I petted him softly. He died while I was there :( After seeing his so called home, I'm convinced he's much better off at the RB. I hope Duke gives him a good tour there and that he has a special place there. Rest peacefully sweetie.

Sirrahsim
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
:( :( Poor little thing

lizbud
04-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Awww, that is so sad. :( I'm glad you were with him when he passed
so he was not alone completely. :(

This happened to me many years ago. I was coming home from a party
and it was raining like crazy. As I approached a stop light I saw a small
dog get hit by the car ahead of me.I pulled over to the side of the street
and stopped. The car behind me stopped too. We moved him out of the
street & stood there talking about what to do for him. He was very badly
hurt & died within minutes. That memory stayed with me for a long time. :(

Freedom
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks, Val for being with that wee one to the end. I am sure it was hard for you. But that little one did not ask for the house he landed in, or to be hit by a car and die so young. He knew someone was with him to the end, and that is a blessing.

K9soul
04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
How horribly tragic. :( I know that will haunt you for a long time. But you are an angel for stopping and being with this poor pup in his last few moments. Bless you.

caseysmom
04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh I am so sorry you went through that it must have been very upsetting...RIP little one, hook up with our sweet Duke and he will show you the ropes.

Emeraldgreen
04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
OMG that is so sad! Thank you for having such a kind spirit and for being 'the person who stopped'. So many people think 'someone will stop' and they drive on. Thanks for being with him for his final moments. :(

Karen
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
As the others have said, thank you for not only stopping, but staying by him until he left for The Rainbow Bridge.

cassiesmom
04-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Dukedogsmom, you have such a dear heart! Bless you!

dukedogsmom
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Val for being with that wee one to the end. I am sure it was hard for you. But that little one did not ask for the house he landed in, or to be hit by a car and die so young. He knew someone was with him to the end, and that is a blessing.
That's what upset me, too. Here I am crying over the poor dog and the owners didn't even care. They didn't even use care when removing him from the road :(