PDA

View Full Version : Mom Celebrates a Milestone

Bengalz
04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
My Mom's 80th Birthday was April 2nd and last night we had a family celebration for her. She was surrounded by her children, her grand children, great grandchildren and the newest addition :D , a great-great grandson :D

This is a significant celebration in many ways ... my Mom has Altzeimer's and we are uncertain just how many birthday celebrations she will be able to enjoy :(

We have some wonderful photographs and I have spent today compiling a photo presentation for her.

I wanted to share a couple of those photos with you :) The first is of me and Mom and the second is Mom and my sweet husband, Gunter :) I hope you enjoy them!

Betty

Killearn Kitties
04-07-2008, 05:16 AM
That was a lovely celebration you had. Your mum looks as though she was enjoying her special day, and I am sure she will enjoy the photo presentation.

The cake looks good too. :D

Freedom
04-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh, what FUN! Happy Birthday to a lovely lady! It is so nice to get together for these milestones.

Rachel
04-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Your mom is beautiful. Looks like she really enjoyed the celebration.

caseysmom
04-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Your mom looks great, she is really pretty. I lost my father to alzheimers, he had it for quite a while though. I know it can be really tough I am sorry you are going through that.

Edwina's Secretary
04-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Tell your mom I think she has the most gorgeous hair! And Happy Birthday too!

Bengalz
04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Thank you all so much. We think Mom was pretty thrilled although it stressed her out a bit. She stayed up way past her bedtime and shed quite a few tears but I think they were happy tears :)

Her diagnosis is pretty recent (Jan 08) although we have suspected for about a year that things were changing significantly for Mom. Unfortunately her condition seems to be diminishing her quite rapidly :( We can only hope she plateaus at some point. She lives with my brother and his wife and they are wonderful with her. Also she has a Caregiver - Shirley - who comes in during the week. Shirley is a retired RN well experienced in Geriatrics and is an amazing woman - we would be so lost without her.

Sara - I so agree with you and WISH I had inherited my Mom's hair :) It's all naturally silver white and she has so much of it - I'm so jealous :rolleyes:

Betty

Barbara
04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Your mom looks so elegant and great.
I am so sorry for her and for you and your family. You'll ned lots of force to go this way with her.

AmberLee
04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
What a charming party. It looks like she really enjoyed it.

You might not have gotten your mother's hair, but I'm glad you inherited your mother's charming smile, though!

Medusa
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Your mom appears to be quite the genteel lady, good skin, too. That's something that you either have or you don't and it seems you've inherited that from her, lucky gal. I'm sure that the tears she shed were tears of joy. How wonderful that she has family who cares and that she's still w/you. Enjoy each day w/your mom and try not to worry too much about the future. Let each day take care of itself. Many blessings to all of you....

lizbud
04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Great pictures. You Mom is a beautiful lady. :)