PDA

View Full Version : Fun day in San Francisco....

caseysmom
04-06-2008, 11:56 AM
No I have no pictures but it was a fun day, shopping in union square, walking through china town, a little drive down lombard street, then off to Pier 39 for dinner at bubba gumps and shopping.

I always get cool stuff at the bubba gump store for our bubba...I got me and my daughter keychains that say "I love Bubba". I just love San Francicso it is so pretty and we sat and watched a celebrity cruise ship take off right out our dinner window. But it is sooooo cold there.

Taz_Zoee
04-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I live just about an hour from San Francisco and have only been there twice. Once for business and once for fun. I really need to get out more. :p

Maybe we should have a PT meeting over there sometime!! :)

caseysmom
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
I live just about an hour from San Francisco and have only been there twice. Once for business and once for fun. I really need to get out more. :p

Maybe we should have a PT meeting over there sometime!! :)

I usually have such a hard time with the driving but this time it was great with the GPS.

Taz_Zoee
04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I had to drive the one time for business. We had a seminar at the Culinary Academy. Then I went and stayed at a girlfriends house for a girls night slumber party. It was very scary driving at night.
I can actually just take BART over there. :) I never have, but I could. lol

Medusa
04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I've been to San Francisco 3 times and all 3 times the weather was too cold and damp for me. The first time it snowed! There are so many wonderful cultural things to do there, though, and I'd like to visit when the weather is nice to be able to enjoy it. I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Ginger's Mom
04-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I must admit, San Francisco is one city I would really like to see. Unfortunately, I don't fly. But I really would love to experience San Francisco. Sigh, next time take pictures. :)

Giselle
04-07-2008, 06:54 PM
The first time it snowed!
:eek: When was THAT?! The only time I can remember having snow in the Bay Area was back in 2001 (for like 10 minutes haha!).

Oh, you come down to SF a lot, huh? I live about 10-15 minutes away without traffic, so I often go to Union Square when I need some shopping therapy. I haven't gone lately, though. The recession has hit us rather hard...When it's not cold, it's a greyt place to be :)

*LabLoverKEB*
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
LOVE San Fransisco!!! So much cool stuff to do, and to see!

Medusa
04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
:eek: When was THAT?! The only time I can remember having snow in the Bay Area was back in 2001 (for like 10 minutes haha!).

Oh, you come down to SF a lot, huh? I live about 10-15 minutes away without traffic, so I often go to Union Square when I need some shopping therapy. I haven't gone lately, though. The recession has hit us rather hard...When it's not cold, it's a greyt place to be :)
It was about 30 years ago. (Good grief, can I be that old?) No, I don't get there much. It just happened that we went there because my late ex-inlaws lived in CA and we'd go to SF on occasion.

NoahsMommy
04-07-2008, 10:54 PM
OMG! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo (takes a breath) soooooooooooooooooooooooooo (another one) sooooooooooooooooooooooooo JEALOUS!! Oh how I adore San Fran! I cannot wait to move up there for med school and want to stay there for forever and ever. Its such a lovely and wonderfully down to earth, laid back, interesting place. I tend to shy away from the tourist traps...but those are fun too! :) I'm so glad you had a nice trip!

I love Bubba Gumps too! Yummmmmyyyy! I usually get a bucket of ice cold peel and eat shrimp (Its literally served IN a galvanized steel bucket tipped over lots of crushed ice and lots of yummy lemon - and the SHRIMP of course!) and then share at least one order of their fabulous garlic bread. Y-U-M-M-Y!! I can't wait to go back, I'm practically salivating over here! ;) yum!

Don't you just love all the STUFF they have in their restaurants? I haven't been in a few years, but do the tables still have the signs where you can 'control' when your server come to your table or "run Forest, run!"? Too cute! We always came home with some fun and entertaining things we just couldn't live without from the gift shop. I think last time it was a shot glass and a plush shrimp fridge magnet.

How often do you get out to San Francisco? How close are you? (travel-wise)

Again, I'm happy you had fun. Thanks for starting this thread to share your trip with us...its such a wonderful city.

Hugs, Kelly :D

RedHedd
04-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Wait! You were here and you didn't tell me? I was home! I live in the Nob Hill area - just a short hop from Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 area. The weather was pretty but windy yesterday. Next time, and there WILL be a next time, right? Do let us know in advance! Many of us San Francisco Bay Area PTers have met and will show you a REALLY good time ;)

caseysmom
04-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Kelly, I am about two hours from SF so we go several times a year. Sorry Redhedd it was sort of spur of the moment :D The weather has been so great here and in SF I can't complain about it :D