PDA

View Full Version : Huge fire not far from me, really bad....

carole
04-05-2008, 05:15 PM
About ten mins drive away from me is a place called TAMAHERE, pronounced Tamahairy, it is a country village, the cool store at the cheese factory was ablaze last night, it was huge, we could see it from my house upstairs,there was a big explosion and tragically one of the fireman was killed, we have six others in the hospital suffering from burns, two are in intensive care, two are in a serious condition and two are stable.

You can still smell the smoke and see it today,very sad indeed, please think of these poor souls who work so hard and are now suffering burn injuries,and to the poor family of the deceased fireman.

Sad day indeed. :(

joycenalex
04-05-2008, 05:29 PM
may those brave firefighters rest in peace, and their families know how important they and their work is.

davidpizzica
04-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh, Carole. My sincere prayers go out to those brave injured firemen that they overcome their injuries and their families to have strengh through this tragedy and condolences to the family of that brave fireman who lost his life.

Freedom
04-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Prayers from all of us here in RI. So sad.

Any news as to what caused the fire?

Medusa
04-05-2008, 07:02 PM
I will say a special prayer for those brave firemen and their families tonight. They are truly unsung heroes.

ramanth
04-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Prayers from MI. :( So sad. :(

carole
04-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I have not heard yet what caused the fire, i missed the news last night, someone told me about it, the smell of smoke outside is really strong today, it is Affecting my lungs too, and it was quite a distance away really, just show's you how far it travels, yes it is indeed a very sad day in my city today, i cannot ever remember us loosing a fireman before, i alway's see the fireman at my supermarket on a sunday getting food for the station, i can only think it was probably one of them that lost their life, horrible, horrible, horrible all right,it makes me shiver just thinking of it all. :(

Cinder & Smoke
04-05-2008, 08:51 PM
WOW!
:(

Sympathies to the NZ Firefighters!

Here's a lengthy newspaper account of the fire, along with
many still photos and a video.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10502309

BIG Fire! :eek:

:(

Catty1
04-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Prayers for the dead fireman - those people go into incredible situations to save lives, and often lose their own.

Condolences to his family...and prayers that the others recover fully, and that they are pain-free while they heal.

carole
04-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I saw the media coverage last night, it was upsetting, this is the biggest fire in NZ's history, i watched the fire chief talking last night about the dead fireman, he was choking back the tears, i was crying with him, it was just awful, i saw the horrific burns on two of the fireman,they were terrible,one is still critical, and the others are stable but still serious.apparently the firetruck drove in and the explosion happened, nothing left of the firetruck,one of the fireman got burns to his hands and gave CPR to his mate, but it was too late,the whole community is in shock, it is just such a tragic situation, just terrible.