PDA

View Full Version : Let it roll, baby, roll!

RICHARD
04-05-2008, 04:03 AM
Jim Morrison of the Doors once sang,

"Keep your eyes on the road,
Your hands upon the wheel.."

-----------------

Lorry driver had no hands

Police who pulled up an overloaded lorry in China were amazed to find the driver had no hands.

The lorry was stopped for carrying five times its permitted load of six tonnes, reports Bandao Metropolis News.

"When we came to the cab window, we were surprised to see the driver was handless," says a Jimo city traffic police spokesman.

The driver, Zhang, was handling the unadapted lorry with the stumps on his wrists - and didn't even have a driving licence.

Zhang insists there is no problem with his driving, and that the only reason he has no licence is his disability. His hands were blown off by firecrackers when he was 12.

"I went to six driving schools, but none of them would take me as a student," he said. "I drive very well, and took part in racing games before."

After graduating from university, Zhang couldn't find a job because of his disability, so he opened a beverage company in Qingdao city.

He employs a driver to make deliveries - but sometimes had to stand in for him when he is absent because of illness.

Zhang asked for leniency from the police, who finally only gave him a £15 ticket. He risked a fine of up to £150 and 15 days in jail.

He has promised he will never drive again.

------------

I wonder if it wasn't dynamite he was holding? I have had small fireworks -black cats - almost blow up in my hand.....to have your hands taken off you must have been having a real bad day and some real strong fireworks!