PDA

View Full Version : Coupon shopping for cat food.

RICHARD
04-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Today I needed to buy cat litter and stopped for a few seconds to pick up some coupons that I had clipped from the Sunday paper.

I got a one pound bag of food, free.
I also had 2 for 1 coupons that I redeemed.

The 2 for 1 coupons were for some new kinds of food -
All in all I paid 1.49 for two packages of Whiskas and Sheba cat food-but got 3.47 worth of food free.

Do you clip coupons for your cat food/litter?

Freedom
04-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Love the options in your poll, Richard! :D

I clip coupons for treats, and sometimes for small bags of food to mix in for a little variety. Not for their basic diet as that is set in stone!

catmandu
04-05-2008, 09:30 AM
I love coupons, and our Aunt Pat sends them all the time.
I pass on the ones I cant use as the products are not in Catada as yet to another Cat Lover with lots of furry friends.

momtomany
04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I clip coupons and use them all the time. With 11 of my own and 3 feral colonies, I need to save all I can on cat food. I have a new friend on PT that has sent coupons he can't use............what a happy girl I am!!

catfamily
04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
we just use the dick van patten's natural balance cat food and get a case for free after buying 10 cases.(using their program...calling the 1-800 number on the can)
same with the dry food.buy 10 bags get 1 free.
i was thinking of changing their food because we are moving soon and wasn't sure if we could still buy it close by but we found a place online to deliver it at wholesale price.
cat litter is a different story...we try to get the litter that isn't dark and dirty looking.that litter is usually the cheepest.
we can't afford the real good litter but we won't use that dark crapy stuff.
it gets dirty to quick.hard to clean the boxes after...gets mooshy. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
01-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I just came back from the store and bought 21.16 cents worth of stuff at Target.

I saved 12.38 cents with coupons and got one bag of cat treats-1.87 free
One bag of cat food- 2.88 free
and two bucks off a 4.49 bag of food
and another discount for 3.99.

I also got 4.50 cents off of photo CDs from film I had developed!

Zippy
01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Yep.
I try to save money when I can.

Anikaca77
01-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes I clip coupons when I can.

I also contact Purina every few weeks asking for coupons and they send me a few for cat food and tidy cat litter!

So that helps,
Melissa

catmandu
01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
THERES ONE IN CATADA , SAVE.CA IS A SITE :love: WHERE YOU CAN SAVE 5 DOLLARS FROM A FOUR POUND BAG OF IAMS KITTEN FOOD DRY.
SADLY WE DONT HAVE THAT MANY GOOD COUPONS HERE UNLESS ANOTHER CAT LOVER IN CATADA KNOWS OF SOME!!!
:love::love::love:
I HAVE FOUND BUYING MEAR ENDS AT 2.2O A POUND A GREAT DEAL, AS I GOT SOME NICE CHUNKS OF DELI CHICKEN AT A FRACTION OF THE ORIGINAL COST, AND WE ALL LOVE CHICKEN:):):) HERE!!!:D:D:D

jennielynn1970
01-16-2009, 02:51 PM
cat litter is a different story...we try to get the litter that isn't dark and dirty looking.that litter is usually the cheepest.
we can't afford the real good litter but we won't use that dark crapy stuff.
it gets dirty to quick.hard to clean the boxes after...gets mooshy. :rolleyes:

Did you ever try the crystal litter???

I buy Mimi crystal litter, which is a Walmart brand litter, and for the 4lb bag, it's only $4.17. The bag of crytal litter lasts me a long time, and unless there is a cat with diabetes and pees a lot in one of the litter boxes (I have one of them) the litter really lasts a long time! I've used Freshstep crystals, which are double or triple in price, but the Walmart brand works really well, and 1 bag of the crystals will fill up 2 of the regular sized litter boxes.

janelle
01-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Go to Paw points to enter the code on the Fresh Step bag. You can redeem for free things for the pts.

Also, Science Diet is doing the enter code on the sack to get pts. Good way to get free food---you buy it anyway so enter the pts.

Zippy
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Go to Paw points to enter the code on the Fresh Step bag. You can redeem for free things for the pts.

I do Paw Points :) too

catmandu
01-17-2009, 09:52 AM
I FORGOT THE PETCETERA WHO EACH MONTH OFFER A 10 DOLLAR PURCHASE, AND I GET 11.3 % OFF ALREADY.
AND JESSICA AND CATHY ARE VERY NICE THERE, THEY LET ME USE TWO COUPONS PER VIST , WHEN I AM ONLY SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONE.
150 CANS OF FANCY FEAST FOR 45 DOLLARS INCLUDING TAX FOR MY OUCHIE MOUTHS , MICHEAL THE DREAM CAT AND JUKE JOINT JOSEPH.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1940.jpg:love::love::love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1902.jpg:love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I would clip coupons for food but I never see any for Innova Evo.:( They have to be on a grain free diet and are doing well on this food so I can't buy anything else.

I buy Dr.Elsey's Precious Cat Litter and the only way to get coupons is to also buy the cat attract litter that contains a booklet with coupons inside if it. Sometimes Petsmart does have this litter on sale though.:) I can also buy smaller bags of it at Pet Club and save some money there too.:)

catmandu
01-18-2009, 03:49 PM
GREAT DEALS YESTERDAY AND TODAY AT PETCETERA.:love::love:
YESTERDAY 72 CANS OF FANCY FEAST PATE FOR 22 DOLLARS :love::love:, AND TODAY THANKS TO THE SCIENCE DIET REP 36 CANS OF SCIENCE DIET FOR 24 DOLLARS AND CHANGE,:love::love:
IT WAS WORTH GOING THROUGH SNOW DRIFTS AND STRONG WINDS:eek::eek: TO SEE MY CATS SO HAPPY, ESPECIALLY MY OUCHIE MOUTHS MICHAEL THE DREAM AND JUKE JOINT JOSEPH:love::love: