PDA

View Full Version : U.S. woman may need rabies shots after biting pit bull to save her own dog

Catty1
04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080403/koddities/oddity_woman_bites_dog

Thu Apr 3, 10:36 AM

By The Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS - Best not to tangle with Amy Rice.

The Minneapolis woman is the kind of person capable of biting back - even if her opponent is a pit bull.

Rice says she bit a pit bull on its nose Friday after the dog jumped a fence around her backyard and attacked her Labrador retriever, Ella.

After trying and failing to pry the dog's jaws open, Rice says chomped down on the pit bull's nose to force it to release Ella.

She drew blood and her doctor will have to determine whether she should get shots for rabies. The pit bull has been quarantined.

Ella is recovering with staples and stitches to her head and a crushed ear canal.

K9karen
04-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh he$$..why didn't I think of that? :mad:

Rabies shots aren't like they used to be. No more tummy muscle. In the arm/leg muscle. As a needle phobic, they weren't that bad. I survived.Expensive though, but better than the alternate.

jackie
04-04-2008, 03:15 AM
She is incredibly lucky the dog didn't chomp down on her face.

The one dog fight I tried to break up ending with me getting my fingernail ripped off. It hurt a lot, but I think it would hurt a lot more to lose your nose.

beeniesmom
04-04-2008, 07:41 AM
I guess a gut survival instinct kicked in.
I would have probably done the same for mine if in the same situation.

pitc9
04-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Karen, I think we're glad you didn't! ;)

Wow, just think about it.... there's a dog latched onto your dog, and you bend down in the dogs face and BITE it! :eek:

I'm glad she and Ella are okay. I know I'd do crazy things if need be to save one of my dogs, but I don't know that biting the dog on the nose would be the first thing that would come to mind. I'd be looking for a ball bat or a 2x4.