PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck, Rotten Fruit and my Wallet.

RICHARD
04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Here's a tip for everyone that carries a wallet.

Never give up hope and don't pack fruit in the same bag as your wallet.

I was working moving office furniture and supplies last December-it's a fun job, tiring and hectic when you hit deadlines.

We closed out an office close to the end of the month and had to rent a huge truck to move files and furniture. I usually pack my lunch, pop and other things in a cloth bag - like a backpack - just to make sure that when we finish with a project and the rental truck all my stuff is in the bag and I can toss it into the vehicle I am driving.

At the end of the move I went to my brother's truck and looked for my bag...

No bag. I looked all over heaven and earth for it and it wasn't to be found.

---------

I got upset, melancholy and all the other stuff that goes along with losing an important part of your identity.

I do remember it being in the truck and thought about where it could be.

All along a little voice kept telling me not to worry, it would turn up......In the bag was a T-shirt, fruit, my wallet, salt and pepper shakers, my supermarket card, powdered drink mix, some change and hard Halloween candy.

I kept thinking about where I could have lost it on and off and was finally ready to go get a new license - I was using my old expired one, I was driving on that!

I woke up this morning and thought about some boxes that I have stacked in my house....it's stuff from my old job, stuff that I need to give away, toss out and repack. As I left the house I thought to myself, "My wallet is going to be in those boxes."

WRONG SUCKER HEAD!!!!!!!

---------------

We had a small job to do today, pick up some chairs and take them to a old office that is being used as storage.

We started to unload the truck and my brother went up to open up the room that we were using.

I was moving the stuff off the elevator when I heard my brother start saying "MULE" in spanish....It's a generic term used to denote being stubborn or having the mentality of a jackass, He then yells for me to "GET IN HERE!"
I thought, "What the......" and went into the room.

He looks at me and says....."Look around and see what you own that's in this room!"

The room is filled with toner, old computers and office furniture.....

I told him that I didn't own anything in the room! He walks over to the BAG WITH MY WALLET IN IT AND KICKS IT!

I yelled, bent over and picked it up.....Stuck my hand in and met up with rotted fruit.

Rotten fruit anywhere else on the planet would have grossed me out.....not today....I was totally stoked! Everything was in the wallet and I laughed at my GOOD LUCK!

Other than the smell of rotted fruit on the bag and wallet, I am thankful and
glad that I didn't lose it on the street!

----------

Looking back at the day I remembered my brother telling me to take my stuff out of the rental truck so we could return it.....I took my bag upstairs and tossed it on the floor....I was so sure that I was going to remember it!

Anyway, I learned a few lessons.

There is such a thing as good things happening to bad people.
Always make sure you grab your bag/wallet/lunch bag when you finish
a job and finally-Eat your daily requirement of fruit.

Finding it three months later next to your wallet might gross you out when you touch it! ;)

dukedogsmom
04-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Glad you found your wallet but I still wouldn't have wanted my hands in that rotten fruit. Gross!

joycenalex
04-03-2008, 09:09 PM
richard, you have an ...interesting life ya know? :cool:

DJFyrewolf36
04-04-2008, 12:24 AM
You should write a book :D

lbaker
04-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Now how would RICHARDs book be catalogued? Fiction? Childrens' Lit? X-rated? Adventure? or "E" all of the above ;) :p

Randi
04-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Lucky it was rotten fruit and not meat - or fish. :eek: Glad you found your wallet. :)

lizbud
04-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Richard,

Have you ever considered a fannypack? Funny story. :)

Freedom
04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Based on your description of the smell: Richard, please go buy yourself a NEW wallet! :D

Rachel
04-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Congratulations on your good fortune, but be prepared to have dreams about losing it again.

A couple years ago my husband and I stopped at a White Castle on our way home from an event. It had been years since we had been to one. After eating, I put my coat on and took the drink with me. When we got to our house, I looked for my purse to take in the house. It was nowhere in the car. I knew I had it at the White Castle, so in desperation we called there to have them look for it. The person we spoke to said there was no purse left there. Frantic and not knowing what else to do, we drove back to the White Castle to look for ourselves. There hanging on the back of the same seat I had occupied was my purse. What may have saved me was that the purse was black and the chair was black so it didn't necessarily stand out. Everything was intact - wallet, money, credit cards, check book, house keys. I still say a prayer of gratitude for the angel who was on duty that night.

Lesson learned - forget about taking that drink with you and concentrate on your purse.

slick
04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Richard, Have you ever considered a fannypack? Funny story. :) He may not have a fanny pack, but he can sure pack a funny!!!!:D

RICHARD
04-04-2008, 09:51 PM
He may not have a fanny pack, but he can sure pack a funny!!!!:D

I do own a fanny pack, but don't have enough fanny to hang it on...

It was stupid on my part, I was lazy and was used to leaving it in the rental truck.

Learned my lesson.
No fruit with the wallet,
Carry wallet separately
Forget the drink!
NO MEAT! :D