PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats meet you at the door?

NoahsMommy
08-22-2002, 04:01 PM
Do your cats know when you come home each day? Do they wait by the door for you if you're late? If they don't sit by the door, do they come and greet you?

Noah is always waiting by the door for me. If on some rare occasion my husband is home before I am, Noah is still there waiting for me. It's really funny. On the weekends or when I leave after coming home from work, they don't usually sit and wait for us, but will greet us when we return. Our own little welcoming committee! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-22-2002, 04:48 PM
This is one of the things that I absolutely love about having kitties. :) Tubby is always waiting by the door for me, unless I'm unusually late. Then I get the old guilt trip knowing that he was there waiting and finally had to give up. :( Peanut may not wait right at the door, but she always comes running to greet me, and rubs her little chin on the corner and looks cute. I like it best when she's upstairs with her daddy right when I come home because then they both come running down the stairs (ok, so Terry doesn't run ;) ) to greet me, with Tubby waiting right there. Everybody's always so happy to see me, it's such a nice way to come home after an icky day at work. :)

NoahsMommy
08-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Everybody's always so happy to see me, it's such a nice way to come home after an icky day at work. :)

I agree completely!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Yes my cats will usually be sitting near the door or come out to greet me when they know that it's me. When I used to feed them wet food twice a day Storm was always waiting for me at the door. Now Sunny is usually the first one to greet me. Sometimes Storm and Pepper are still napping back in my room but as soon as they hear my voice they come running out to greet me. It really does make you feel good to know that your animals have missed you doesn't it. :)

C.C.'s Mom
08-23-2002, 06:00 AM
If they're home, than yes. They usually stumble down the stairs with their eyes still half closed from their nap.

08-23-2002, 06:47 AM
Maya is ALWAYS waiting at the door !!!
a loud "meow" welcomes me then , and after that , she urges me to follow her to her bowl in the kitchen , with this look:"another refill please mommy!!"
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/animal/002.gif
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cat67.gif

yumyum6970
08-23-2002, 07:52 AM
Well Duchess and Yum Yum meet us at the door when we come home at 5:30pm but it is not to greet us they want to go outside!:D

NoahsMommy
08-23-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by C.C.'s Mom
If they're home, than yes. They usually stumble down the stairs with their eyes still half closed from their nap.

That has to be one of the cutest "kittyisms"! I love when Noah walks out to greet me (after leaving and returning a few times) with those sleepy/half awake eyes!!! SOOOOO cute!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-23-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by C.C.'s Mom

I love it when they do that. They come stumbling out, blinking their eyes and squinting as if to say, "Mom, you woke me up!!!"

Originally posted by lut
a loud "meow" welcomes me then , and after that , she urges me to follow her to her bowl in the kitchen , with this look:"another refill please mommy!!"

Yep, mine do that too, except they lead me to the kitchen for treats. "Yep, Mom's home, I get a treat now." :rolleyes: ;) :D

ganime
08-26-2002, 08:23 AM
my Karamel greets me at the door when i come home though i don't know if he waits for me, or he just wakes up when i turn the key in the doorlock. But once, when my husband and me were waiting for the lift, we heard him meowing from our flat on 2nd floor (i guess he heard our voices). Also Karamel usually runs to the door when the doorbell rings regardless of the person who has come. If we come home after a day out ,we will usually see him at the door stretching and yawning a big yawn. Then he will look at us with his sleepy eyes and then roll on his back (i guess for us to rub his tummy).

Chinadoll
08-26-2002, 11:33 AM
I don't think they wait by the door, but they do come to the door when they hear the key in the lock. Some times the two babies, Gigi and Bixby will come to the door but sometimes they just look up from where they are sleeping when you come in, then get down and come see you. It's almost like they want to make sure it's who they want to see before they get up from their comfy spot. However, my biggest baby fraidy cat when I first got him, Scout, will always come to the door when he hears the key in the lock. I watched him do just that when Joey came over. Scout made a mad dash to the door to see who it was then went back to his spot on the sofa next to me. I thought it was cute. And, after a long day, there's nothing nicer than coming home to 3 welcoming kitties.

Former User
08-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Due to their behaviour, we have to lock C & K into the bathroom when we go out. Sometimes they wait right behind the bathroom door when we come and run out quickly, but most of the time they are half asleep in the sink/tub and I swear they are mad because we dared to disturb their sleep :rolleyes:

lovemymaltese
08-26-2002, 03:18 PM
nope, my gradmother has to hunt down her Kitty.

Miss Meow
08-27-2002, 06:39 PM
My cats usually wait at the front door for me, it's such a nice feeling to be greeted at the door. I can tell where they've been by how warm they are: if they warm all over, then I know they've been snoozing under the quilt in bed; if they're warm on one side, then they've been sleeping in their cat bed!

I resigned from my job yesterday and came home so depressed, happy, angry, sad, empty and everything else. Mini sensed it and jumped on the sofa, reached up to my shoulders and gave me a hug and headbutt. So sweet.

Vermontcat
08-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Both my cat and parakeet greeted me at the door today because my kids started school today and they know they can get all my attention while the kids are at school. It's also a lot quieter here without the kids so my cat can nap uninterrupted.
On other days if I have been at work or we were all away for a day trip my cat greets us at the door to be let out or to ask for dinner!

wolflady
08-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Yes, my little Marius will almost always be at the door when I come home! I think he knows, because his favorite spot to 'catnap' is on the landing upstairs, which is also in perfect view of the window above the front door. So, even if he's upstairs, he'll see me coming up the front walk and come down to see me. It's so cute and nice to see my little Marius head first thing after a long day of work! :D

treybabe
08-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Yes, all three of our cats greet us at the door; Trey waddles towards us talking incessantly("Where have you been? It's about time...meow...meow..) Gusty just jumps up on the dryer(which, of course is not running) because she wants us to pet her and take her to the cattery out back. (Please Mom and Dad. meow....meow...) and LB says, "I am hungry, what's for supper?...meow...meow...MEOW!!

It's always so good to be welcomed home!
:) ;) :p :rolleyes: :)

Desert Arabian
08-29-2002, 12:37 AM
When my cat Sir Dudley "Dudley" sees my moms' van pull up in the driveway- he will talk and talk and talk and talk, he will not shut. He will then gallop to the door, like a race horse coming down home strech. When she finally gets in the house he rubs her legs for about 10 minutes, and talks for another 5 minutes. My mom usually then goes and sits on the couch and he laying on her lap for a long time, many times in positions that look so uncomfortable! He's a fruit bat- he's very weird!!

(But if this were my dad or any man- he'd be heading for the bed or basement. He HATES men!!)

Here's a picture of the nut: :p

Desert Arabian
08-29-2002, 12:40 AM
Talk about bad grammar in my last post!!! OOPS!! Sorry! Don't worry school starts September 3rd (oh no!). I think you still get the point.;) :( :rolleyes: :)