PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Quote of the Year...

Cinder & Smoke
08-22-2002, 03:11 PM
Blatantly *stolen* from i-dog Message Board ~

http://www.i-dog.com/board/messages/11940/18995.jpg

Dad sez he alluz *Liked* ole General Schwartzkof :D!

Thanks to i-dog ~ i-dog Message Board (http://www.i-dog.com/board/today.html)

and "Heppie" for posting this at:
"Heppie's" "9/11 Quote of the Yaer" (http://www.i-dog.com/board/messages/11940/18994.html?1030038637)

NoahsMommy
08-22-2002, 03:16 PM
I LOVE it Phred!!!!!!

Randi
08-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Brilliant!

Fuzzy317
08-22-2002, 04:18 PM
I really like that quote !!

lizbud
08-22-2002, 06:24 PM
Excellent quote !!! Very well said...

tatsxxx11
08-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Great quote, Phred!! I'll be going "home" on 9/11 to participate in the memorial service. Some of you may remember I lost a family memeber on that day at the WTC. And I am SO proud to say that the amazing photo of the flag being raised was taken by a staff photographer from my hometown NJ newspaper,The Bergen Record. At the ceremony all of the names of the deceased will be recited by Mayor Gulliani. If you are listening or watching that day, his name is Martin Wohlforth. Here is his tribute as posted on a memorial website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2001-10/952198.jpg

Martin P. Wohlforth. The managing director of the investment firm Sandler O'Neill was at work with dozens of co-workers on the 104th floor of the south tower when the first plane struck the north tower.
Wohlforth called his wife, Susan, president of the Junior League in Greenwich, saying Port Authority officials had advised south tower workers that their building was safe. Susan Wohlforth started home.

Twenty minutes later, after the second plane hit, Susan Wohlforth's secretary received a scratchy, faint phone call. Martin Wohlforth identified himself twice, and asked for Susan. Then the connection was lost.

Susan Wohlforth and the couple's 16-year-old daughter, Chloe, went to the disaster scene and showed his picture around, hoping for a bit of news. They heard nothing. At least 70 Sandler O'Neill employees have not been accounted for.

"He is truly an excellent, husband, father and neighbor,'' said Susan's sister, Cricket Burns. "He is so well loved.''

-- The Hartford Courant

Martin P. Wohlforth, 47,town resident 20 years

Martin Phillips Wohlforth, 47, a Greenwich resident for almost 20 years, died Tuesday, Sept. 11, at the World Trade Center in New York City.

Born Oct. 22, 1953, in New York City, he was the son of Robert and Mariann Wohlforth of Naples, Fla.

Mr. Wohlforth, known as "Buff" to family and friends, was a managing director at Sandler O'Neill & Partners on the 104th floor of tower two.
quote:
He was raised in Demarest, N.J., and attended Bergen Catholic High School. He graduated in 1976 from Princeton University and continued to be a supporter and active alumnus, along with his father, sister and father-in-law.

He was a member of The Stanwich Club, where he enjoyed his life-long passion for golf.

In addition to his parents, Mr. Wohlforth is survived by his wife, Susan Telesco Wohlforth, and daughter, Chloe Wohlforth, both of Greenwich; and two sisters, Priscilla Stumm, of Chestnut Hill, Mass., and Elizabeth Tatsuno, of Cincinnati, Ohio.

--The Greenwich Time

lizbud
08-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Sandra,

I am so sorry. I did not know that one of your family
members was lost on that terrible day. I will remember
him in prayer. All the Best, Liz.

Sudilar
08-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Oh my goodness Sandra, I do remember you saying that, but I forgot. I am so truly sorry that the horrible tragedy had to strike your family. My prayers are with you and yours.

delidog
08-22-2002, 11:04 PM
absolutely wonderful phred...so simple...it went right by us...we like the general!!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-23-2002, 12:30 AM
Great quote Phred. :) I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Sandra. :( I wasn't a Pet Talk member back then so this is the first I've heard of your loss. I will also pray for him.

lynnestankard
08-23-2002, 06:30 AM
RIGHT ON - GREAT QUOTE PHRED.

SANDRA - i joined PT after 9/11 and had no idea you lost a family member in that horrendous attack. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}
to you and your family - what a really sad time september will be for you all - your in my thoughts. xxxx

lynne

lovemymaltese
08-23-2002, 12:19 PM
Thanks for sharing!!!