PDA

View Full Version : My Eyes Hurt....new motherboard means NEW SIZES!

Catty1
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
OK, got another motherboard in my pooter and have 1gig of RAM now.

My font is all different (I can change that), but the SIZES of things have me confused.

For example, what I am typing here is large, but the font size around this message box - "Guided Mode", "Enhanced Mode" etc...are still all TINY.

HELP. There seems to be only so much I can do in Display Panel - like make some lettering LARGE and other stuff too tiny

THANKS!

Jessika
04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Hmm, a new motherboard and RAM shouldn't change your appearances, unless you changed your screen's resolution? Have you tried checking in your browser settings for display/default font sizes?

Because you still have your same hard drive, OS installation, etc, just a new motherboard? That alone shouldn't change anything like that, lol, since I recently got a new motherboard/RAM/chip too and when I booted back up everything was exactly as I'd left it.

The only other thing I can think of is, do you have an on-board video card, as in, is your video card a part of your motherboard? If it is, that may be the explanation, but if it isn't (as in you have a separate video card that is NOT a part of your mother board), you may just try reinstalling your drivers for it again, but still, that shouldn't change anythin.

That's really odd!

Catty1
04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Ummmm...will go looking for my browser settings...LOL...they are in here somewhere! :)

Thanks!

Jessika
04-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Saw on another thread you use FireFox; to get to them go to

Tools > Options

Click on the "content" tab

And there should be a colors and fonts thing there.... if nothin' else, try playing about with the settings in Internet Explorer as well, they may translate over onto FireFox :)

Good luck!

Catty1
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Hee hee - was just in the Content area! It's better....but the fixed fonts here and elsewhere are still teeny.

Back I go! :)